H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

it only takes two to three days

Hello,

I got my visa stamping done in mumbai and it took only two days to get my passport back.

vsaxena said:
warko01 or anyone who has done this,

This is vivek, I am also in same situation as of you. as you mentioned that you are in 2nd phase of 6year of H1B and have done visa stamping successfully.

I am in 9th year of H1b and my green card/ labor is pending. Could you please tell for which year did you get the stamping, I mean 7th or 8th ..?

Do you see any risk while trying to get stamping for 9th year?

Anybody please suggest, is it okay to try to get stamp for 9th year?

Please do reply!

thanks,

were you able to get answers to your issues on 8th H-1b stamping. I am in a similar situation. I have 9th year H-1b visa with me currently. Do you foresee any problems for me to obtain my visa stamped in Delhi?

Ok. This is off the website https://www.visa-services.com/US/webappt.html#1

To schedule a web appointment or online appointment, kindly proceed as mentioned below:

5. You will be then issued a tentative appointment letter known as the Interim Confirmation of Interview letter. This appointment letter will also have a Docket number, which you must refer to for all further communication with VFS regarding your Interim appointment.
6. You now have to send all the documents as listed on the Interim appointment letter to VFS. For this purpose you must use the services of Blue Dart courier only. Details of the Blue Dart offices accepting the application are available on
https://visa-services.com/us/bluedart.html .

So, these points mean I will get the list of documents to send on the Interim Appointment Letter, which I will be issued, after I make the appointment.

At the end of the points there is a note that says

Kindly note: You must have all your documentation ready prior to scheduling your Interim appointment. These documents must reach VFS within 12 business days of scheduling your appointment, failing which the Interim appointment stands cancelled.
:confused:
Can someone clarify please -
1. How can I have all my docuemtns ready before scheduling the appointment, if I am going to get the list of documents needed only after I make the appointment ?
2. The note says "These documents must reach VFS within 12 business days of scheduling your appointment, failing which the Interim appointment stands cancelled."
So as of today 09/21/2005 [September 9th] if I make an appointment for date 01/10/2006 [January 10th], does that mean all the documents should reach them on or before 10/03/05 [October 3rd] ?
:confused:
I am currently in the US, and 12 days seems very less time to send the documents to someone in India who in turn posting it to the VFS

I would be obliged if someone can clarify.

Thanks,

AmitD said:
1. How can I have all my docuemtns ready before scheduling the appointment, if I am going to get the list of documents needed only after I make the appointment ?
-- The documents you require are also listed on their website. Also called as an "application pack" or something.

2. The note says "These documents must reach VFS within 12 business days of scheduling your appointment, failing which the Interim appointment stands cancelled."
So as of today 09/21/2005 [September 9th] if I make an appointment for date 01/10/2006 [January 10th], does that mean all the documents should reach them on or before 10/03/05 [October 3rd] ?
-- Yup, I know it sounds somewhat stupid but yup. However, do you have family in Bombay? If so, then what you can do is, just ask them to go to the visa center(opp Mahalaxmi mandir) and see what dates they have on their chalkboard outside. See the thing is I was under a similar situation as yours. I didn't even have an appt, or made one online. I just arrived in Bombay on 3rd Dec, 2005(thats where I'm from :)) and the very first business day, I went with all the papers and forms in my hand to the visa center first thing in the morning. I stood in line, for like 2 mins and they let me in. Took my papers etc, gave me an intw date(which was like about 10 days away) and thats it. I showed up at the consulate str8 on my date and everything went fine.
See I think what happens is, that they keep some dates available for use, even though it says on the website that its full. Again, I don't know if this was because of the time/date/month of the year or what, but I would strongly suggest you to ask your relatives to just go and see if they still do it. Sorry, if I didn't mention this, but what they write on the board is the available appt dates for different visas.
Hope it works for you!! Good Luck!
For your other questions, just email them or call them. They are pretty good in replying them.
---
Thanks,

--Good Luck... ;)

snalion said:
--Good Luck... ;)
Hello Everyone!!
It is a pain to get an appointment in INDIA :confused: and over that you have to take a pain for the formalities.
The best place to get an appointment is HALIFAX in Canada, wait time is 3 days.
Online appointment is $15, during the day of interview $100 and you will get the visa stamped same day :D .

Last edited by a moderator:
Help

Does it require MS degree to get stamped in Canada??

I am plannign to got to ottowa,I have 4 years engineering degree from india with 5 years U.S experience.

Is it okay to go for stamping in Canada

Please post your experiences

Thanks!

It requires common sense to get a visa stamped. Do they ask for MS Degree????
img123 said:
Does it require MS degree to get stamped in Canada??

I am plannign to got to ottowa,I have 4 years engineering degree from india with 5 years U.S experience.

Is it okay to go for stamping in Canada

Please post your experiences

Thanks!

"snalion" said...Yup, I know it sounds somewhat stupid but yup. However, do you have family in Bombay?..
Unfortunately, No. I hail from Pune and have to make it to Mumbai. I'm not sure if I want to be the daring you and walk there without appointment. Especially because I won't be there more than 2 weeks. Thanks for the "Application Pack" info. I might scavenge through the website for it. This 12 day limit makes me rethink the Canada option. Lets see. Thanks again snalion (snalion ? :confused: )

quick question

I just tuk an appontmnt for the mumbai cons on 10th of jan .. on the website it says in your packet (with the interim letter) u need to post I-797 .. now I have I-797 notice of receipt ...not the notice of approval ( expecting in 1 month) ..
Is it ok to send I-797C with all othert documents with the interim appntmnt letter copy to mumbai ???
thanx in advance
sareen

Appointment documents

Friends

I wanted to take a appointment for my H1-B and H4 for my would be spouse. Our wedding date is scheduled for Feb 2006. I wanted to know what documents do i need to take a concurrent appointment for me and my spouse for our respective stamps at the Mumbai consulate for sometime in Feb 2006?

Thanks
Aniruddha

You can schedule for yourself, but you can't schedule for your to be spouse as Mumbai consulate requires marriage certificate as an mandatory doc for getting visa appointment.... I had the same prob.

paradkaram said:
Friends

I wanted to take a appointment for my H1-B and H4 for my would be spouse. Our wedding date is scheduled for Feb 2006. I wanted to know what documents do i need to take a concurrent appointment for me and my spouse for our respective stamps at the Mumbai consulate for sometime in Feb 2006?

Thanks
Aniruddha

Pls post any recent H4 experiences

Hello Friends,
If anybody's spouse/dependent had been for H4 visa interview recently at Mumbai consulate please post your experience / procedure...

Thanks,
D S

Can somebody narrate complete experience from taking appointment at VFS and appearing for interview at Mumbai consulate ?

I also want to understand why people are worried about the Visa getting rejected while re-stamping. We all have valid jobs over here whether within 6 or 6+ years on visa. Why should we afraid ? have there been cases where visa have been rejected just on the whim of the interviewer inspite of having sufficient documents (valid I797 / HR letter / paystubs / W2 etc) ?

I am visiting India in January and was surprised to see appointments available in March (not to mention the ridiculous process involving HDFC bank and stuff). I later on discovered about emergency appointments and was confused whether my wife+kids can apply with me or not. So called up VFS. Was able to go through their number at I think 12th-13th attempt. What a knowledgable customer service... Standard Answer " you can find all the information on website " ! ok. I know that but nothing mentioned about dependants so what do I do with them.. no, it is mentioned over there. Take their appointment with you and they should also qualify. That was it. Not really helpful. So if somebody can write about their experience (including wife+kids) that would be great.

For Mumbai I think the only difference is, you send the documents before hand. apart from that, its all the same.

to answer your question. take the DD for all in your family and get online and give your details like purpose of travel and whether your are a resident here and which consulate you wld like to take the interview (since you wld mention you are a resident (living) here, you get that option.

Then you will be asked to fill out YOUR DS-156/157 and petition deails after that you come to a screen, where it says

"add another applicant"
delete applicant
confirm appointment.

here, you go ahead and add your wife and kids. separate form for each of them. you can only print out after confirming the appointment date and time.

when the appointment is scheduled, its for all of your family. Though I have not personally seen the screen as I just scheduled for my wife. But I have read that they recommend that all family members apply for the same appointment timing...

Hello,
One of my friend whose fresh H1-B approved today. Just I check the VFS site to see the latest available appointment for Mumbai consulate and I was surprised...the latest date available is in Mid of March..is he suppose to wait 5 months for his visa interview???
That's really ridiculous!!!

Mailing documents

Hi S1311,

Which documents to be sent before-hand ? DS-156/157 ?? I didn't see that requirement on the VFS website. can you please elaborate and if possible post a link where that information is provided ?

Thanks

s1311 said:
For Mumbai I think the only difference is, you send the documents before hand. apart from that, its all the same.

to answer your question. take the DD for all in your family and get online and give your details like purpose of travel and whether your are a resident here and which consulate you wld like to take the interview (since you wld mention you are a resident (living) here, you get that option.

Then you will be asked to fill out YOUR DS-156/157 and petition deails after that you come to a screen, where it says

"add another applicant"
delete applicant
confirm appointment.

here, you go ahead and add your wife and kids. separate form for each of them. you can only print out after confirming the appointment date and time.

when the appointment is scheduled, its for all of your family. Though I have not personally seen the screen as I just scheduled for my wife. But I have read that they recommend that all family members apply for the same appointment timing...

Pay Stubs without Social Security No

Hello gurus,

Please help me out. I was on H4 and now got an H1B visa , so I am allowed to work from October 2005. I have applied for my Social Security No. But still waiting for it to come (It has been 6 weeks since I applied for it) . Now I am going to India for a short trip. I was planning to go to the US Consulate in Mumbai for stamping of my H1B visa. I believe that one of documents that I need to show in my latest pay stub. My employer is reluctant to issue me a pay stub since I don’t have my SSN. Can anybody tell me whether a pay stub can be issued without a SSN?

Also, if a pay stub cannot be issued without a SSN, would US embassy acknowledge that fact that I could not start working and did not get paid since I did not receive my SSN.

Is there anybody else in similar situation as me ? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.