H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

neelatul said:
warko01,

I have sent my all papers to my relative in Ahmedabad thru USPS. My relative is going to hand over the bunch of papers along with drafts in Rupees to Blue Dart office personally on Monday. I will let you know once I receive confirmation from the consulate.
U don't need to go to blue dart.

The VFS office in Ahmedabad should be able to help you in this.

I submitted my papers to Blue Dart on Monday 18th and I just received the confirmation email from the consulate.

alren said:
U don't need to go to blue dart.

The VFS office in Ahmedabad should be able to help you in this.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will contact VFS office for help. :)

shinlee said:
Has anyone received your appointment confirmation email from VISA-SERVISES in Mumbai. Also, after you send in all the documents to VISA-SERVIES how long do we have to wait for getting this email confirmation of the date of interview.

Regards,

I had got it in 2 days time. Should be quick.

neelatul said:
I submitted my papers to Blue Dart on Monday 18th and I just received the confirmation email from the consulate.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will contact VFS office for help. :)
I think it is necessary to go through VFS if you are in the Ahmedabad area.

Does anyone know if I obtained the dates online today, and went to the office in Pune to set up an appointment today, do I get the same option of dates, as I would have gotten online?
FYI..the online website as of Oct 20th is giving available dates starting Tuesday Dec 21 thru Wed Dec 29th

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B Stamping in Mumbai

Hi Folks,
I'm planning to go to India in Feb-2005 and I'll be getting my visa stamped in Mumbai. www.visa-services.com site doesn't mention about the process for sending the papers for people outside India. I'll have to take the appointment for my interview/finger printing. 30 days prior to that, I've to send the papers to the INS office in Mumbai so that they can send me the appointment letter and date confirmation email.
I'm checking this thread and it seems that I've to mail those papers to my relative in Mumbai and then they've to send it via Blue Dart. . Please let me know the exact process so that I can send the papers from here with the required fees and I can make my stamping process a smooth one.

Thanks

ranjanjain_11 said:
Hi Folks,
I'm planning to go to India in Feb-2005 and I'll be getting my visa stamped in Mumbai. www.visa-services.com site doesn't mention about the process for sending the papers for people outside India. I'll have to take the appointment for my interview/finger printing. 30 days prior to that, I've to send the papers to the INS office in Mumbai so that they can send me the appointment letter and date confirmation email.
I'm checking this thread and it seems that I've to mail those papers to my relative in Mumbai and then they've to send it via Blue Dart. . Please let me know the exact process so that I can send the papers from here with the required fees and I can make my stamping process a smooth one.

Thanks
What you believe is right, atleast for me. After booking the appointment, I sent my papers to a relative and then he submitted the cover to Blue Dart. I got the response back thru email in 24 hrs.

Please post your mumbai stamping experience

In this thread, some of the folks were having visa appointments for Nov 1st/2nd week, It would be really great if they can post their stamping experience at mumbai consulate.
Thanks

1st Nov Apt. experience for H1/H4 renewal

DO NOT CARRY ANY BRIEFCASES, LEATHER BAGS, LADIES PURSES.
They don't allow that. If at all u got any of the items like that then towards left of the

embassy there is a parking lot where u can keep ur bags for some cash

No cells, pagers, electronic items(organisers, cals, etc), smoking products, tobacco,

supari, stapers ....

H1/H$ revalidation, Nov 1st 2004 8:30 appointment

Arrived at the gate at 7:50, lost 10 minutes to take care of my wife's purse. They make u

stand ina queue for few minutes. There wasn't a rush, abt 40 ppl.
Got inside, clear security and collected a small wooden block with a number (u need to keep

it and return it when leaving)
After entering there is a counter on the right side, show ur papers there.
I had sent papers thru blue dart.
the lady asked for,
I 797
I129 petition
Questionnaire form
Marraige certificate
She put them in separate yellow envelope for both of us and gave 2 pink slips for each of us with the appt no. on it
Stood in q for window 1 for fingure printing.
Then waited for our no.s to be called for almost 15 minutes
The lady at the counter was american and polite too.
She asked me,
How long I have been working with the company
How much is my salary

TO my wife :
How long have we been married

She looked at marraige certificate and no more documents were asked.

We were out by 9:15.

It was very smooth and no problem.

All the best to u!!!!

iminus said:
I 797
I129 petition
Questionnaire form
Marraige certificate

Hi iminus,

Why would she ask for I-129, when you already have approved I-797 ? I am confused now. If she asks it for some reason, I must contact my lawyer and get the copy of it. What do you say ?

Thanks.

neelatul said:
Hi iminus,

Why would she ask for I-129, when you already have approved I-797 ? I am confused now. If she asks it for some reason, I must contact my lawyer and get the copy of it. What do you say ?

Thanks.

She didnt tell me why I129 was needed. You better carry a copy of the same else they might send you back. Be prepared with all the documents.

Could anyone comment on this please?

Hello,

My friend is experiencing one of the strange and difficult experience with H1B stamping. He got his H1 approved and went to the Chennai Consulate for stamping in 2003. He submitted all his original transcripts, certificates, passport etal.. and was waiting for the response. But the carrier the consulate used said they lost all the documents. He submitted a police complaint, advertised on the paper etc. But documents were not to be found and finally he had to get them reissued at the school/boards where he studied.

As he didn't had the original approval petition he went with these set of new documents and was not listened to at the embassy. He got disappointed and lost all the hopes of getting stamped. Suddenly he received a letter in June 2004 from the consulate asking him to send all the documents requesting additional information from the company. The company promptly sent all the documents and he has now submitted it in September 1st week by mail.

Now the problem is he has not receieved any response from the consulate so far as its almost 6 weeks. My question is has any one faced such a situation. What can he do to get the status on his case. When ever he calls the consulate they ask him to wait and can't give any status or the timeline involved in either approving or rejecting the case. He has sent the originals again. He is very worried about his situation. Please advice.

Regards,
dmts

iminus said:
She didnt tell me why I129 was needed. You better carry a copy of the same else they might send you back. Be prepared with all the documents.

iminus,

Was your visa L1 visa ? Was your I-797 a 'BLANKET PERMIT' ?

I looked up on Visa-Services website, and I-129 is not listed as requirement for H-1B ... I guess its needed only for L1 visa.

'iminus' can you confirm?

Iy u are appearing in mumbai u might not require it while sending the application but might need it at the interview as they might want to refer to it and cross check while they interview you.....hope that helps

Any more H1-B interviews at Mumbai consulate

Thanks iminus for your valuable inputs,
Does anyone else got recently interviewed at mumbai for H1, and would like to share his/her experience. I'll
really appreciate all sort of info.
Thanks.

Recieved email from Mumbai US consulate

Hi,
I had sent the paperwork to my parents in Mumbai last week. After they got the drafts, they called Blue Dart and arranged for a pickup which was done on 11th Nov, thursday in the evening. Since Friday was a day off, I assume that the courier sent submitted the documents to the Consulate on Monday. Last night, I got an email from the consulate confirming my time on the asked date. The email also talks about the money received for the VISA and gives a token number for my wife and me.

So basically it seems that it takes at the most 2 days to get the email from them.

Thanks,
- warko01