H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

Docs required --> URGENT

The website for the US Consulate at Mumbai has very limited requirements for documents to be carried for the interview.

Could someone please post a list of the documents they carried and share some experiences?

Are W-2, Tax forms, Annual reports, pay stubs, resume, photographs, etc. required at the US Consulate in Mumbai??

Thanks.

Interview Dates

Folks,

Thanks for wonderful information I found so far. I have quick question. I tried to get appointment online but it is only giving me choice for dates until Dec 01- 2004. I am traveling India from Dec 5th and coming back arong Dec 25th. Should I need to call them and get dates? Or just wait for another week to book dates?
Amit

The dates are opened in the window only. You have to monitor them closely as it reaches your requested date or required date

Can someone please repost the latest appointment dates. I'm planning to schedule my appt first week of january. I dont understand why doesn't visa-services post the dates on a web-page or do they?

Appointment dates as of October 5th 2004
Tuesday, November 23, 2004
Wednesday, November 24, 2004
Monday, November 29, 2004
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Thursday, December 02, 2004
Friday, December 03, 2004
Monday, December 06, 2004
Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Wednesday, December 08, 2004

rp1975 said:
Appointment dates as of October 5th 2004
Monday, December 06, 2004
Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Wednesday, December 08, 2004

rp1975, where did you learn this from ? I just checked the dates by entering my name, emailid and passport no ONLINE and it gave me following dates...

Please let us know your way finding the dates.

Did anyone hear from Visa Services

I have my appt on Nov 9th. I sent all my docs via BlueDart on Sept 21st. I have not heard anything from them yet. Someone here had a Nov 1st appt, please post any updates.

rp1975 said:
I have my appt on Nov 9th. I sent all my docs via BlueDart on Sept 21st. I have not heard anything from them yet. Someone here had a Nov 1st appt, please post any updates.
Hi,
I did get a confirmation email cum reciept of the amount received by VFS.
The email contains the time for the appointment, and the token number for each of the applicant.
It also contains following :

Passport Delivery Instructions::

Your passport will be returned to you within 3-4 working days after your personal interview at the American Consulate.

Your passport will be delivered to you at home address noted on the visa form unless you have indicated that you require the same to be returned at your office address.

At the time of delivery of your passport you will be required to handover the Airway Bill issued to you by Blue Dart when collecting your application pack. Blue Dart will not deliver the passport if the Airway Bill is not surrendered.

It is not essential for the passport holder to receive the passport in person- however the receiving person must have the pick up Airway Bill.

---------------

Do not forget!

1. Please remember to carry your passport,receiptandinterview appointment letter to the Consulate.
2. Please remember to carry your petitions in original.
3. Please refer to the website for other supporting documentation pertaining to your visa class. These documents have to be carried along for your interview at the Consulate.

Security Measures
The following are not permitted inside the US Consulate:-

1. All bag except a plastic bag containing your application related papers.
2. All electronic items, including cell phone and pagers.
3. All smoking material like cigarettes, lighters and match boxes.

At the Consulate

1. Please be at the Consulate Visa Hall door not more than 15 minutes before appointed time
2. For security reasons, assembly outside the Consulate is prohibited. You can use the facility of ourThe Stars and Stripes Lounge as a waiting area.
3. Inside the Visa Hall, submit your passport and petitions at the Intake counter - you will get a pink token.
4. You will then have to proceed to counter No 1 with your passport and yellow envelope. At counter No 1 your fingerprints will be taken,first of your left index finger and then of your right index finger. The passport and the envelope will be retained by the officer and one portion of the pink token will be handed over to you.
5. You will then be seated in the visa hall. When your token number is called, you will have to go to the assigned window to be interviewed by a US Consul.

If you are granted a visa

1. Your passport will be returned to your selected address by courier.
2. At the time of delivery of your passport you will be required to handover the Airway Bill issued to you by Blue Dart when collecting your application pack. Blue Dart will not deliver the passport if the Airway Bill is not surrendered.
3. Kindly check the details on your visa before travel.

If you are refused a visa

1. The Consul will return you passport and the yellow envelope containing Demand Draft for Rs. 2,300/- that you had submitted towards the Issuance Fee.
2. You have to cancel the Demand Draft for Rs.2,300/- with your issuing bank.
3. If you intend to re-apply, you can re-use this Demand Draft provided the draft is still valid at that time.

Note:

1. It is mandatory to carry this Interview Letter with you when appearing for your Interview at the American Consulate.
2. Your Interview will be held at :
American Consulate General,
Lincoln House,
78 Bhulabhai Desai Road,
Breach Candy,
Mumbai - 400 026.

rp1975 said:

rp1975,
I got the confirmation email in a day or two after Blue Dart picked up the packet.
Have you retain the Blue Dart package slip?
You should track the package online www.bluedart.com

If it is delivered to VFS then email them about the status, they are pretty good in responding.

abzy2004 said:
How do you cancel the appointment? Also, can you take multiple appointment for same passport?

I think there is any cancellation procedure. You just don't send them the docs 30 days in advance and your appointment gets cancelled automatically.

iminus said:
rp1975,
I got the confirmation email in a day or two after Blue Dart picked up the packet.
Have you retain the Blue Dart package slip?
You should track the package online www.bluedart.com

If it is delivered to VFS then email them about the status, they are pretty good in responding.

Thanks for all your updates guys, I am worried now. Its beed more than 15 days that BlueDart picked up my application, and I did not get any email confirmation. I will email & call them to find out whats going on.

Got appnt email confirmation in 2 days

rp1975 said:
Thanks for all your updates guys, I am worried now. Its beed more than 15 days that BlueDart picked up my application, and I did not get any email confirmation. I will email & call them to find out whats going on.

rp1975,
I also got email confirmation from visa-services within
2 days.

Experience letters

Hi All,

Is it necessary to have all previous experience letters? Even if it is a brief 1.5 month part-time summer internship during my MS?

Any suggestions?

booking appt

ok, i went to the visa services website to book an interim appt, and i dont get a confirmation. After selecting all the checkboxes and hitting submit, it just comes back to the same page.

Also, once i do get a confirmation, how do i send my documents via blue dart to visa services from here in the US. Or I have to do it from mumbai cause of the demand drafts in rupees and stuff

Any help from earlier experiences is appreciated. Also, if you guys have any tips, suggesstions, pitfalls, id be grateful

Thanks,

Is it necessary for the individual to be present in person to recieve the passport back from the consulate ? Is it okay to give a authorization letter to say the parents so that they can collect the passport in my absence ?

Thanks in advance