H1 Visa refused at St Lious

srini_immig

Registered Users (C)
Hi Urgent Help

I have been refused VISA at St Louis and asked to get the h1 visa stamped in INDIA, can my wife get the H4 Visa Stamped, she is in INDIA now, if i submit all the documents, with expired VISA.

i cannot go to india now as every one knows leaving a project in hand and going to INDIA for H1 B Stamping would be very risky
if the consulate in INDIA delays the case

please help, any suggestions or any one faced this situation now

-- srini

Hi Urgent Help

I have been refused VISA at St Louis and asked to get the h1 visa stamped in INDIA,

------ What reason they gave you for not stamping H1? Answer depends on that info
can my wife get the H4 Visa Stamped, she is in INDIA now, if I submit all the documents, with expired VISA.

I cannot go to India now as every one knows leaving a project in hand and going to INDIA for H1 B Stamping would be very risky
if the consulate in INDIA delays the case

please help, any suggestions or any one faced this situation now

Thanks Ginnu for ur response

i am expecting the fedex this evening, i will post the reason for
refusal

thanks
srini

So you have not received FedEx or your passport back and did not look at the papers or explanation by DOS for refusing visa stamp to you.
How did you get the info that it has been rejected with out looking the papers or Passport?
Please update what reason they have given, you may have some documents missing and they may request you to send it to Washington DC with correct documents, or missing fee

Hi Ginnu

I called up D.C VIsa Office to know the status, the officer
asked my passport number, first name and last name,

she told my visa is processed but it not approved and i nned to go to india to get the new H1 Visa

thanks
srini

St.louis is also dept of state like US consulate. So the reason is very important to give you a determination about h4 refusal in US consulate.
However, there is no harm in trying at the US consulate for h4 with whatever documents you have.

If St.louis has your I797 approval, how are you going to get h4?

Hi Jaxen

got the FedEx papers yestarday evening. The letter simply says
you application is not clearly approvable at this time, and u require a personnel interview with a consular officer, apply overseas at u.s consulate

they have not mentioned any specific reason for not approving the visa ? ( does changing the company cause this problem, i changed company, got h1 approved i an on valid status till oct,2005, at no point of time i am on invalid status)

they have put a stamp "cancelled without prejudice" on the visa page in my passport, this visa is an expired visa

so can i try applying for my wife H4

Guys please share ur experiences and thoughts

thanks in advance

Changing companies shouldn't matter usually if they suspect that the company is not a known company it just might create issues apart from that based on your mails it very suprising that you could not get your visa revalidated.

I think there might be other reasons, like messed up I94, past out of status period etc. Did the new h1 approval has a I94? If yes, then you can ask your spouse to appear for h4.
Otherwise, you need to get the I94 ASAP even before going to work next week...

Hi Jaxen,

Yes the new H1 Approval has I-94 valid from Sep,2002
to Oct,2005, and my old I-94 expires in Feb.2003, so there is no question of being out of status, one more reason i am guessing, if u get your visa from a country other than your home country, are there any regulations that state, u cannot revalidate at StLious ?

has anybody got thier visa revalidated if the visa is issued from a country other than your home country ?

thanks
srini

srini_immig

Based on one of my friends experience he did get his visa revalidated but his situation was something like this.,

first h1b visa from India, got his visa renewed from mexico and then revalidated from st louis/DC

If you are in a similar situation then you should have got it...

Hi

My case is first time i got the visa from Dubai, UAE as i was working there and did not want to leave the job and go to india to get the H1B Visa, now when i sent to St.Lious they have not issued a visa under 221(g) and asked to get the VISA from any overseas American consulate with personal interview from consular officer

-- srini

221(g)

Hi all,

I've had similar experience by 2nd week of January 2003..i.e. sent back passport w/o visa under 221(g). My 1st time was from Toronto and then sent to St. Louis. Also wrote letters to both St. Louis and Toronto...with frustrating reply from them.

I see only two options to travel now:

* Try at home country with possibly 80-100% risk of denial, if you can't prove strong ties to home country...i.e. if GC is pending...they may take it as your wish to abandon ties to home country and settle in US...so denial may come in seconds...
* Travel after you get Advanced parole (AP) and return safely(!)

Can anybody suggest any other technique(s)?

Regards.

* Try at home country with possibly 80-100% risk of denial, if you can't prove strong ties to home country...i.e. if GC is pending...they may take it as your wish to abandon ties to home country and settle in US...so denial may come in seconds...
sjr8664:
--- H, O visa have dual intent, no ties needed to prove to your home country. One can get H1 after filing AOS, that cannot be the only reason for H1 denial,

srini_immig: “My case is first time I got the visa from Dubai, UAE”

---- You were rejected because of Dubai UAE, I read one post earlier in this thread that some one applied for H1 at Chennai and he was asked to wait for 3 months, as they have to check his background due to security reasons because he got his first H1 in Dubai. I don’t know what happened to that case.

As you know every Male between age 16-45 have to send DS-157 and you have to list what countries you visited in past, I read in other immigration forum that one of the person had visited Dubai, Saudi Arabia and he wrote it on DS-157, his first H1 was issued from Delhi, India, his Visa was also rejected by DOS in US, you can see guess the reasons.

hi ginnu

Your reason might be correct, but one of my friend who worked in qatar for 4 years, got his VISA revalidated at St Lious this January

The only difference he has got the VISA from India, chennai first time

so he also has mentioned in his ds-157 that he visited QATAR

so reason could be from where u have taken the VISA ?, may not be based entirely on where you worked

i am just guessing, any info pls post

thanks
srini