H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

Hello Nimalan,

Howdy. I'd appreciate if you could clarify the following.

Interview date: 4th jan 06 (thro' vfs; preponed 4 times from mar 27th)

If I book an appointment, can I prepone it on VFS? I'm in the process of booking an appointment for revalidating my H1B on 8th year. I'm not sure if I can prepone once I create an appointment. Also, will it allow me to change the location of the consulate?

Thanks,
SV

Can I goto other consulates instead of chennai for H1 and H4

Hi

Here is my situation

1. I have a visa till March 20 2006. My company applied for new I-797 in premium processing expecting anytime in Feb

Question : Can go for stamping eventhough my visa in the passport not expired

2. As I am currently in US and I had done two times stamping in Vancouver, I know that I can goto any consulate (not just Chennai (crowded). This time I want to goto Kolkotta stamping for both h1 and h4. Here H4 visa asking for brand new passport without any stampings
Question : Considering the above case, is it safe to goto other consulates in India with H4 being brand new.?

Please advise. Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_mar_2004, No she does not have an AP. This is her first trip.

svimg, You can change the dates once. To change after that it will cancel your application and you need to re-enter the details again. Then it will allow you one more time. Learned it hard way.
I am not sure whether it will let you change the location. It warns you when you make a change, so you can back out at that time.

Please answer my following queries

rgojji said:
Hi

Here is my situation

1. I have a visa till March 20 2006. My company applied for new I-797 in premium processing expecting anytime in Feb

Question : Can go for stamping eventhough my visa in the passport not expired

2. As I am currently in US and I had done two times stamping in Vancouver, I know that I can goto any consulate (not just Chennai (crowded). This time I want to goto Kolkotta stamping for both h1 and h4. Here H4 visa asking for brand new passport without any stampings
Question : Considering the above case, is it safe to goto other consulates in India with H4 being brand new.?

Please advise. Thanks in advance

Thank You Nimalan for your quick answer. Reentering the application takes a lot of time and I'd have missed the appointment date by then.

Can I take an emergency appointment on the fact that I'm working on H1B in the USA? If so, what documents will I substantiate with?

It does not allow me to change the consulate. Which consulate do you think is least loaded?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

SV

Please answer my question.

Hi,

My wife lives in India which is in Chennai consulate region, but I work in United States.

Is is possible for me take appointment at Kolkotta Consulate along with my wife (H4 Visa). Please note my wife asking for H4 visa first time and she never been out of country.

Your response is greatly appreciated.

- Thanks
rr

Sample Employer Letter for 7th year stamping in Chennai consulate

could anybody please
post or attach
Sample Employer Letter for 7th year stamping in Chennai consulate

thanks

7th year stamping

Stocknsurf mentioned that if you go for a renewal period that is too short, you would be rejected. Can somebody shed light on what a short period is? My appt is apr 26, 2006 and my 7th year H1 expires Sept 20, 2006. In all likelihood, my company will apply for renewal april but I won't have it in hand for the stamping.

Can anyone take sometime to answer my question...- Thanks

rgojji said:
Hi,

My wife lives in India which is in Chennai consulate region, but I work in United States.

Is is possible for me take appointment at Kolkotta Consulate along with my wife (H4 Visa). Please note my wife asking for H4 visa first time and she never been out of country.

Your response is greatly appreciated.

- Thanks
rr

I got 221g on Jan 12 Admin process for Masters in IT from London verification

Hi all,

I received 221g on Jan 12 and VO told that they want to verify my masters in IT from london. Its been one week and i called to my college in london. They did not receive any query from Chennai consulate.

I know u guys talking about the contacting Department of state and also i saw some people talking about contacting DOL.

Is this works same for me also if i contact anyone of the office department or How is this works in my case? If i am first time applying H1-B from company and company sent me all the paper work and submitted to chennai consulate, but still VO wanted to verify my Masters in IT from LONDON.

Please let me know, how i can speed up my Admin Process verification for my masters not taking tooo long time.

I greatly appreciated any help

Rajsa

I am planning to go around the same time for 7th year extension to chennai consulate. If you happen to go before me (end of may) post your experience.. Thanks.

immg_seeker said:
Can any one post the 7th year stamping experience in Chennai consulate here? What are the questions? Documents required? Easy? Tough? etc. I am planning around this May. - Thanks.

Hi svimg
I am not familiar with emergency appointment and this is just my personal view. As per the rules mentioned in vfs site, it appears you may be eligible to apply emergency appointment. I would think a document from your client and company explaining the project should suffice. It also appears Calcutta has the earliest date therefore may be least loaded.

H1B visa stamping in chennai ....

have an appointment on Feb2nd in chennai consulate. i heard that in Mumbai consulate we need to send the papers 5 days prior to the VFS service . Is that true ? How about in Chennai ? Do we need to send the documents to VFS office prior to the interview ?

thanks
RM

Planning to go India for H1(changed from H4) stamping

Hi All,
I appreciate everyone in this forum for sharing their experience and also providing such a great info. I have been seeing this forum since starting of this week. I am planning to go India next month for my H1 stamping. I was on h4 before. Now I have been changed to H1B and this is my first H1 stamping. I have seen in this forum that lot of people are getting 221g in Chennai. In that, I have seen they are asking about marketing analysis of the project. Is that for new H1B guys and/or returning workers also? Can anyone pls tell me about this. Because, I want to prepare all paper work before I go to India. If they are asking marketing analysis for people already working in USA, I should be in need to take that one also. So pls suggest me about this and any othet documents I need to take for stamping.

Any suggestions would be appreciated regarding my case.

Along with the usual paychecks/stubs, resume, educational degrees/evaluation/docs, W2s, bank statements, previous status docs (all H1/H4 etc. if any), employer verification letters, your company brochure, photos, annual report etc (know about your company like client list and stuff). I would also strongly recommend you take a letter from your client/client company (i.e. if you are working at a client site as a contractor/consultant), so a client letter detailing the project, length of contract maybe, and that they intend to extend the contract and that they expect your to return to work on so and so date, your photos at the client site at your desk, may be with your team, and take the visiting cards of a few of your team members, and if taking pics, see that you take pics with the company name/logo/emblem in the background. if you have this kind of info with your previous clients, then take them along with you, incase you are asked, if you dont, then try to secure them, if you can't then don't let it bother you. see that the experience you put on your resume, the roles mentioned in your employer letters and client letter match (or closely relate to) the one that is mentioned on your i-129 lca.

Be cool and confident and know where your papers are so that you are prompt enough to present them to the visa officer when requested/demanded;-)

I think this way, you'll have better (tending towards best) chances ...

Thanks for your great info and help. But my India trip was postponed. I will go later and plan accordingly. Once again Thank you so much.....

Visa rejection at chennai with 212(a)(4) Public Charge

Hi

My counsin's wife was given 221(g) on Feb1st 2006 asking for list of salary deposits. My cousin sent bank statements online to his wife and she took printouts and submitted on Feb 2nd and she was rejected and the immigration officer stamped 212(a)(4) on her passport and given a letter.

Any attorney please let us know why they have rejected her case. My cousin has an income of 56k where as his LCA says 44k and he is employed continuous from the past 4 years. He has three bank accounts among which he transfers money since one bank pays high interest on deposits.

1. So, the bank balance on the bank statement in which his salary is deposited is having < 5000$ for most months(though other bank statements are showing more money and overall balance is always above 10,000$). Is this the reason for the rejection? Or

2. Does the consulate think that his 56k salary is less (though the salary is higher than his LCA salary) so he will become public charge. OR

3. He gets paid perdiem from his employer which is not taxable and employer paid 12 months of perdiem in 2005. Is this is reason for becoming public charge.

How big is this problem, can he explect his wife get H4 visa with sufficient document. What is the chance of rejection again?

Anybody has got this rejection and got successful stamping? Please advice.

while I am no attorney, I did some websearch and found the public charge issue for 212(a)(4). This is somewhat curious matter; because the officer thinks that the husband does not make enough money to support the wife and hence denying the visa. Please review the letter very carefully as this will give some more insights as to the issue of rejection.
It may also help the case if they can submit documentary evidence about the living expenses in that community and that the salary is sufficient to sustain such living expenses.
knowDOL said:
Hi

My counsin's wife was given 221(g) on Feb1st 2006 asking for list of salary deposits. My cousin sent bank statements online to his wife and she took printouts and submitted on Feb 2nd and she was rejected and the immigration officer stamped 212(a)(4) on her passport and given a letter.

Any attorney please let us know why they have rejected her case. My cousin has an income of 56k where as his LCA says 44k and he is employed continuous from the past 4 years. He has three bank accounts among which he transfers money since one bank pays high interest on deposits.

1. So, the bank balance on the bank statement in which his salary is deposited is having < 5000$ for most months(though other bank statements are showing more money and overall balance is always above 10,000$). Is this the reason for the rejection? Or

2. Does the consulate think that his 56k salary is less (though the salary is higher than his LCA salary) so he will become public charge. OR

3. He gets paid perdiem from his employer which is not taxable and employer paid 12 months of perdiem in 2005. Is this is reason for becoming public charge.

How big is this problem, can he explect his wife get H4 visa with sufficient document. What is the chance of rejection again?

Anybody has got this rejection and got successful stamping? Please advice.

Can anyone shed light on this?

If someone has gone through a similar experience, could you post?

garp said:
Stocknsurf mentioned that if you go for a renewal period that is too short, you would be rejected. Can somebody shed light on what a short period is? My appt is apr 26, 2006 and my 7th year H1 expires Sept 20, 2006. In all likelihood, my company will apply for renewal april but I won't have it in hand for the stamping.