H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

H4 Stamping without H1- Stamping

I moved from my L1 visa to a H1 visa a couple of years back and never got this H1 Visa stamped on my passport. I need to send my spouse to India for a visit. I dont have enough holidays left to make a visit at this point of time.

My question is would my Spouse get her H4 Stamping at Chennai without my passport having a H1 Stamp. As per my Attorney it aint a issue. We have all the documents in place, I never went out of job and can produce every possible document they demand in the website .

I would like to know ur inputs.

Thanks

Hi Anandrajesh,

I got my H4 stamping last year from the chennai counsulate. I was in the same position transferred from L to H and my husband's H1 visa stamping was not on the passport. I did not face any problem and got the stamping.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions

Vidya

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the information Vidya. This is the precise answer i wanted to hear. Did you take any documents apart from the ones that is mentioned in the Website?

vidswami said:
Hi Anandrajesh,

I got my H4 stamping last year from the chennai counsulate. I was in the same position transferred from L to H and my husband's H1 visa stamping was not on the passport. I did not face any problem and got the stamping.
Feel free to ask if you have any questions

Vidya

Yeah apart from the documents mentioned in the consulate website for H4 I took the documents mentioned for H1 applicants also. These are just in case they ask. I also took some proof of my address in USA like some bills.

Thanks Again.

Thanks, that was helpful information. I sincerely appreciate your response. Hopefully my wife will get a visa without any hassles. :confused:

May be i should devote an entire baggage for all the documents they ask and they may ask. :)

vidswami said:
Yeah apart from the documents mentioned in the consulate website for H4 I took the documents mentioned for H1 applicants also. These are just in case they ask. I also took some proof of my address in USA like some bills.

Thank you everyone for sharing their experiences. I got a emergency visa appointment for next week and i have few questions. I am a Electronics & Comm. Engineering degree holder working in US for past 5 years.I have revalidated visa in U.S before and now i need to get it done from chennai.

Can somebody tell what is the order of documents one should have? Also, do I need to fill in DS-156 electronic form or regular form? In tts services, do I need to hand over all of my original transcripts & W-2's?

I am looking at the site http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhnivwork.html#h1b where the section says "First time applicants may consider submitting the following documents". Does it apply to my case?

Thank you for all your responses.

Hi

I went in Oct 2004 for ,my visa validation at chennai. It was my 7th year extension. I got visa stamped once in chennai , next at the St Louis center and the 3rd time again at chennai.

I took all my H1-appliction papers , W2 forms for past 6 years, pay stubbs for the past 2 years, letter from employer, bank stmt's, some utility bills in US, my apartment rental lease and all my eductional certificates.

I went to the consulate for the stamping, waited for my turn for 2 hrs. then I was called at the window, the person was looking at my passport and H1 documents, asked me where I work and if I am going back to the same work.... in the mean time he took my fingerprints. No further questions asked nor they asked me to show my papers.. he asked me to go and pay the fees.

By the way how did you get the emergency appointment? as one of my friend needs to get the appointment

Thanks

Hi,

You can see the details in the consulate website for emergency visa appointment request. You have to send email in specified format. In my case they took 3-4 days to respond with a week notice for appointment so i can travel from U.S. Hope this helps.

Buddy,

A couple of friends had thier Visas approved in Chennai consulate in the last week and they said it was a piece of cake. They screen new applicants much more than us. Getting a visa shouldnt be an issue as far as u have the right docs in place.

Carry all the documents with you no matter what the consulate says meaning carry every doc that remotely matches what it says.

jk1996 said:
Hi,

You can see the details in the consulate website for emergency visa appointment request. You have to send email in specified format. In my case they took 3-4 days to respond with a week notice for appointment so i can travel from U.S. Hope this helps.

Thanks anandrajesh. Successfully got stamped and received PP. Yes, it was such a hassle, In my case they asked number of employees, w2 and last paystub. it took 2-3 minutes. Thats all. But the way you are being treated is horrible. Anyway thanks to all and good luck for your visas.

Regarding emergency appointment, my dad was hospitalized and i needed to visit him. Thanks to the consulate who accepted my genuine request.

what if we had work permit of UK

Hi Guys

my brother had UK work visa and he retured back home and he is working in IT, but he is education is not IT (Bcom+PDGCA). what are the chances of getting visa from chennai?

anybody with similar experiance?

Thanks
Nirmal

H1 Stamping at chennai consulate

Hello,

My Husband is getting his visa stamped at chennai consulate next week. In the visa application form i.e DS-156 there is a question :Has anyone applied an immigrant petition for you? My husbands company has files for labour certification last year and its still pending. So should the answer be yes or no?

If some one can clarify this I would be greatful.

Thanks

The answer would be "No". labor certification process is not an "immigrant petition".
Thats what I put when I went for H1B stamping. My labor is pending and the answer I got from everyone is "No, its not immigrant petition"

H1B Visa Stamping at Chennai Consulate

Hi shankaran,

Congrats at getting your visa.

I am working for a small company which has less than 10 employees but has a decent annual turnover.I am currently in the US and I am going to get a new H1 visa stamping at chennai consulate (changed from L to H). From your experience will questions be asked even when I have the tax returns, photos, the company brochure, pay stubs from this company to prove that they have the ability to pay?

I have been working for this company for the past 1 and a half years and there is no break in pay.

Also my wife got her H4 visa stamping from chennai consulate last year using the same papers from the same company. Any inputs will be appriciated

Thanks

Swami

visa stamping in chennai

guys,
I was in US on h1 for three years and returned to India in 2003. I now have stamping scheduled in April on a fresh H1.

Do I need to produce the following docs as mentioned in consulate site ?

====================
First time applicants may consider submitting the following documents:

Pay slips from current or most recent place of employment
Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at the applicant's present and past jobs
Photographs of the inside and outside of current or most recent employer's place of business (provided by the employer)
Names and contact information of two co-workers from your current or most recent place of employment
Names and contact information of two co-workers from past jobs
A complete resume/bio-data and cover letter describing current job duties in detail
Personal bank records for the last six months
US company information: photographs of the inside and outside of the company's offices (provided by the employer), prospectus, brochures, and annual report

Need Help

Hi,

I'm planning for revalidation at chennai consulate in May'05. When I booked for this appointment on ttsvisa.com I was working in company A and now I got an offer from company B. Can any one please let me know:
1) How can I modify the H1 petitioner's details (company name, petition # ...) in the appointment form from company A to company B without changing my appointment date?
2) I'm planning to join company B by this month end. Will there be any problems and questions in my interview as it would be only 1 month since I'm with new company B by my interview date?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Wizard818,

I'm in the same situation where I want to modify my H1B petition information in the appointment letter. Please let you know how you were able to correct the details in the appointment letter.

Thanks

Visa Stampting at Delhi but I fall under Chennai jurisdiction

Hi Gurus,

I m going to india in 1st May and i got appointment on May-10-05 for visa stampting at Delhi but I fall under Chennai jurisdiction.Due to busy at Chennai, i booked appointment at dehli.

Does anyone expericence the abv suiation.?

What are the questions i may expect?

your help is appreicable.