H1 Transfer

itsbobby

Hi All,

I have a query. Can I go for H1 transfer to the new company without my H1 paper? I have pay stubs with me.

I have applied H1 at Nebraska center few months back. I have recieved the receipt number , but it is still not approved. It may take some one more month. I have got new offer from new company. Can they do my H1 transfer without H1 paper? Please reply back ASAP.

Regards

itsbobby said:
Hi All,

I have a query. Can I go for H1 transfer to the new company without my H1 paper?
Yes if you have petition receipt notice.

I have pay stubs with me.

I have applied H1 at Nebraska center few months back. I have recieved the receipt number , but it is still not approved. It may take some one more month. I have got new offer from new company. Can they do my H1 transfer without H1 paper? Please reply back ASAP.

Just need WAC or LIN reference number, H1 copy is not necessary.
this problem can be easily solved if you engage your old company attorney for this transfer, he will take care.
Regards

Thanks Great Guru !!!

Thanks guru...
How many pay stubs do I require for H1 transfer? Generally they need 2-3 pay stubs. My company gives me one for every 15 days. In this case, one months pay stubs (2) will be suffuicient? or do i need 2 months (4) pay stubs?

regards
bobby :)

I also have a question about h1b transfers.

I am on tourist visa right now and my company is willing to sponsor for my h1b visa. The thing is my present company pays me cheap wages so I read about h1b transfers. How does that work?

If I want to move to another job, my next company should continue my h1b sponsorship, am I right? If that's the case, the lawyer of my next company should inform INS about that?

itsbobby said:
Hi All,

I have a query. Can I go for H1 transfer to the new company without my H1 paper? I have pay stubs with me.

Regards
What is your current status?
You say your H1 is not approved yet, so do you have a H1 from a previous employer?

IMHO, if you are currently not on H1 then you cannot transfer H1.

simoen said:
I also have a question about h1b transfers.

I am on tourist visa right now and my company is willing to sponsor for my h1b visa. The thing is my present company pays me cheap wages so I read about h1b transfers. How does that work?

If I want to move to another job, my next company should continue my h1b sponsorship, am I right? If that's the case, the lawyer of my next company should inform INS about that?
To be able to transfer H1, first you need to get H1. Read the FAQs to see how new H1 and transfer works. This is one of the FAQ thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=112414

Once you get H1 from company A, your new lawyer need to apply for H1 transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi...

I worked with "X" company till May. In June I have joined in "Y" company. They have filed H1 transfer. Received the receipt number.But it is not approved, i mean i have not received any approval letter. It make take another 2-3 weeks. Right now my pay roll is with "Y" company. Now I got the offer from "z" company. For H1 transfer, do i need that approval letter ("Y- H1 transfer") ??? this is my question. or just the receipt number is sufficient? Right now I have "X" companies H1 approval letter and I 94 .
regards

EricS said:
What is your current status?
You say your H1 is not approved yet, so do you have a H1 from a previous employer?

IMHO, if you are currently not on H1 then you cannot transfer H1.

itsbobby said:
I worked with "X" company till May. In June I have joined in "Y" company. They have filed H1 transfer. Received the receipt number.But it is not approved, i mean i have not received any approval letter. It make take another 2-3 weeks. Right now my pay roll is with "Y" company. Now I got the offer from "z" company. For H1 transfer, do i need that approval letter ("Y- H1 transfer") ??? this is my question. or just the receipt number is sufficient? Right now I have "X" companies H1 approval letter and I 94 .
regards
In this case, you can transfer your H1 to 'z'. In my opinion, you do not need the 'Y' H1 transfer approval notice.

itsbobby said:
Thanks guru...
How many pay stubs do I require for H1 transfer? Generally they need 2-3 pay stubs. My company gives me one for every 15 days. In this case, one months pay stubs (2) will be suffuicient? or do i need 2 months (4) pay stubs?

regards

Keep 3 pay checks (1.5 months)

H1 transfer FAQ.

Hi,

I have few questions on H1 Transfer. I am holding valid H1 for company "A" and I travelled to US in May 2005 and returned back in July 2005.

1) Can I use my H1 for personal travel like to visit a relative. I know I can, but is it lega or illegal. Telling the truth to the port of entry officer is wrong or correct. Pls post your advises and experiences:

2) I was offered some good offers from some consultants during my stay in US but I was reluctant to them as my family was not with me.

I want to know, once my h1 is transferred to company "B" will I get a different petition number to take chennai consulate appointment. Or can I take appointment with Company "A" petition number and attend the interview for getting company "B" petitioner visa stamping in passports.

3) Can I keep both the petitioner's H1 alive and continue work for company "A" say for 1 more year and on need can I travel on company "A" petition if I have not got visa stamped for company "B". I mean can I keep H1 transferred for company "B" as backup.

Regards

Hi,

1) I am going on short visit (1 week) to USA and during this time I want to apply for H1 transfer and come back. Is this ok? OR should I wait till I get acknowledgement/receipt from immigration dept then start returning.

2) Can I travel only for getting H1 transferred staying minimum time in USA.

3) After 1 week's travel and returning back to India, giving a gap of 1 month, can I travel to USA for the new empoyer along with family having H4 visa stamping done by the old employer name in passport as petitioner. I mean, do I have to go to chennai consulate for visa stamping having new employer name as petitioner.

thanks

oottss said:
Hi,

1) I am going on short visit (1 week) to USA and during this time I want to apply for H1 transfer and come back. Is this ok? OR should I wait till I get acknowledgement/receipt from immigration dept then start returning.

2) Can I travel only for getting H1 transferred staying minimum time in USA.

3) After 1 week's travel and returning back to India, giving a gap of 1 month, can I travel to USA for the new empoyer along with family having H4 visa stamping done by the old employer name in passport as petitioner. I mean, do I have to go to chennai consulate for visa stamping having new employer name as petitioner.

thanks

First of all your h1 transfer it self in problem, as a proof of company A employee, you supposed to provide your recent( 2-3) paystub during H1 transfer. Are you ready for that?

great guru said:
First of all your h1 transfer it self in problem, as a proof of company A employee, you supposed to provide your recent( 2-3) paystub during H1 transfer. Are you ready for that?

Hi GG,

I was in US from May'05 to Mid of Jun'05 and got payslip for this period. During my visit I could come across a consultant whom I came to know is distinct relative doing good work in recruiting people and placing them. He has attorney in LA. Without my SSN he was ready to do the transfer.

Any how GG, based on above information of mine and from your knowledge pls reply to my other questions and the possibility of H1 transfer.

thanks