H1 Transfer Process

danpree

Registered Users (C)
How long does the H1 B transfer process take if done using Premium Processing ?
I am looking to start work there soon and the new company is planning to file all paper work by Monday Feb 26th.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.
Deepak

How long does the H1 B transfer process take if done using Premium Processing ?
I am looking to start work there soon and the new company is planning to file all paper work by Monday Feb 26th.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.
Deepak

If the new employer file H1 transfer with premium processing then you may get H1 approval in 15-25 days from the date petition reach USCIS.
One can start working once you get H1 transfer filing receipt from USCIS

Let's clear that up a little bit:

1) if you have an H1B and are simply transferring it from one employer (a) to Employer (b), then Employer (b) will file the documents (essentially a new H1B application), they do not need to file premium as this is simply a waste of money. If they send the application out in an over nite courier then as soon as the USCIS receives it you can start to work for employer (b). Most employers will want to have a hard copy of the receipt notice before they will let you work.

The whole process will take approx 3 mos max, I filed for transfer Dec 29, they are currently working on applications from Dec 21.

1) if you have an H1B and are simply transferring it from one employer (a) to Employer (b), then Employer (b) will file the documents (essentially a new H1B application), they do not need to file premium as this is simply a waste of money. If they send the application out in an over nite courier then as soon as the USCIS receives it you can start to work for employer (b). Most employers will want to have a hard copy of the receipt notice before they will let you work.

The whole process will take approx 3 mos max, I filed for transfer Dec 29, they are currently working on applications from Dec 21.

Hello All,

My suggestion is if your employer is willing to go for premium processing then go for it. I don't 100% feel it is waste of money but these days there are lots of backlog even in H1 transfer case and sometimes the INS doesn't send a receipt (I am in this situation currently) and hence we cannot keep update of our case since we have no tracking no. If no receipt, no WAC, employer may or maynot process your payroll.

Also it depends on which centre you file your case. For H1 transfer California centre is processing Dec 2006, Texas centre is processing Oct 2006.

Anu

Hello toomanyrules,

Which centre did you file your case?

Within how many days did you receive the receipt/WAC?

Anu

If the new employer file H1 transfer with premium processing then you may get H1 approval in 15-25 days from the date petition reach USCIS.
One can start working once you get H1 transfer filing receipt from USCIS

Hello ginnu,

Within how many days do you receive the receipt under premium processing?

Thanks Anu

Premium Processing time

Interesting Case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of known person working for comp A got fired on Jan 19th 2007 and threatned to cancell / revoke the H1b.

Catch hold of a sponser with 2 months paystub applied for H1b transfer premium process on 29th January. to Vermont lock box.

papers were forwarded to CA premimum processing center on 6th Feb and receipt details came through e-mail, physical recipt yet to come.

On 9th Feb the H1 got approved waiting for papers.

Even the employer taken initiative to revoke the H1b, the papers have not reached or taken for process by USCIS.

Hello ginnu,

Within how many days do you receive the receipt under premium processing?

Thanks Anu