(H1-> F1) I20 question

TheWho

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had applied for a change of status from H1 to F1 and I received my approval notice but it didn't include my I20 (original Student's copy). I wonder if the I20 will be mailed separately or will be sent to my school?

Thanks in advance.

TheWho said:
Hi,

I had applied for a change of status from H1 to F1 and I received my approval notice but it didn't include my I20 (original Student's copy). I wonder if the I20 will be mailed separately or will be sent to my school?

Thanks in advance.
Inlieu of your Original I 20 , you got your F1 approval notice. Where is your I 20 Student copy.

The copy in my possession was the student's copy which is what I had sent to BCIS with my I-539 application. I was expecting it to be attached to the approval notice.

Thanks.

TheWho said:
The copy in my possession was the student's copy which is what I had sent to BCIS with my I-539 application. I was expecting it to be attached to the approval notice.

Thanks.
Then where is the Original.?? Who keep the original

the original is kept by the INternational center. A student gets a student copy. Just go to the international center, explain the situation and ask them to reprint your copy. It's usually done in minutes. Don't forget to get is signed.

Another thing, What about the endorsement by BCIS on I20? Is it important? If I get another copy from the International Student Center, its not going to have the BCIS stamp...

Yes, the I94 was included with approval notice that I had received earlier. It took slightly less than 2.5 months from Receipt date.

Thanks.

which center did you apply to?

hi TheWHO

congrats for your F1! just wanted to know which USCIS center did you apply to for change of status?

As evident from the section this thread is in, it was California Service Center - you need to apply to the Service Center that holds jurisdiction of the state your reside in.

TheWho

I am on my 7th year of H1B status. Will I be able to change it to F1 after my H1B visa expires?

Thanks in advance.

What was the time gap between approval notice and I 20 Arrival. I got my approval notice 6 days ago, but haven't gotten the I 20 yet.

Thanks,

TheWho said:
I received the I20 from BCIS today with their "approved" stamp on it.

Thanks.

even i didnt receive my I-20 with the approved stamp from INS,when I changed my status from H1 to F1, so i contacted my international student centre in my school they told me nothing to worry and issued me the new I-20.they told just ignore it, it happens sometimes INS doesnt send u back the I-20 with approved stamp.

h

TheWho said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

H1 To F1

TheWho said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am also applying for change of status from H1 to F1 . could you plz guide me if you got any difficulty in change of status. And what are the documents you need to send and to whom?

Thanks

TheWho said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am also applying for change of status from H1 to F1 . could you plz guide me if you got any difficulty in change of status. And what are the documents you need to send and to whom?

Thanks