H1 Extension/Transfer Tracker

RD:12/24/2002
AD: 4/8/2003

guys please call vermont center to get the latest of your case status...online inquiry doesn't work.

Justcase,
But is the vermont center accessible at all over the phone. If so what time is best to call from PST time zone? I have waited for couple of hrs only to hang up with out any help

online inquiry

hi guys,

i've noticed that the phone gives most updated info first. And the online gets updated maybe 1 or 2 days later....What justcause may be saying is that call the phone number to get your automated status...he may not be meaning that call and talk to someone.

H1 B extension still waiting from VSC

Hi ,
My RD is Sept 3rd 2002 for H1-B extension. Got an RFE in Nov 2002 and replied in NOV 2002.
Still no approval.
Did anyone applied around that time received approval for H1-B extension.
Thanks

h1 ext VSC

My H1 ext petition is pending with VSC since first week of Nov 2002. Also, one of my friend filed for the same in Jan 2003 first week and he's already got the approval last week from VSC.

Any ideas, why there should be this discrepancy in handling the cases.

hopesr:

H1 was expiring on 30 sept 2002.

So, applied for H1 extension in april 2002.
got RFE in nov 2002.
replied it in Dec end 2002
got approved in Feb 2003.

So it took 10 months for H1 extension.

H1B transfer approved

H1B "transfer" (and H4 extension) case
Normal processing at VSC
RD: Jan 23, 2003
ND: Jan 25, 2003
AD: Apr 16, 2003 (also spouse's H4 approved concurrently)

The online check was updated earlier than the telephone message.

I believe VSC is speeding up.

H1B EXTENSION - question

I have question on H1B extension. My H1B visa expires on july 12,2003 . when can i file my H1B visa extension ??

Can i file now ?? or is there cut off date (ie) only before 30 days H1B EXTENSION can be filed ??

your response most appreciated.

when 6 months are remaining

shanmugam,

you could have applied on Jan 13 2003 itself. You can apply when there is less than 6 months remaining in expiration, and before it has expired.

So you can apply any time between Jan 13 2003 to July 12 2003. So now don't waste any time and apply NOW :cool:

Re: How much time is it taking lately for getting a receipt notice in hand? for H1-trans

Hi, all:

Does any one know how long it takes to get a receipt for H1 transfer at VSC recently?

thanks

YW

Originally posted by SriNal
Hi guys,

Currently I am on a H1 with employer A. I am planning on moving to employer B and I just need a receipt notice to start working for him.

Anybody know how long it is taking to just receive a receipt notice in hand from the Vermont Service Center only.

Thanks

H1-B extension

Originally posted by ksnm
hopesr:

H1 was expiring on 30 sept 2002.

So, applied for H1 extension in april 2002.
got RFE in nov 2002.
replied it in Dec end 2002
got approved in Feb 2003.

So it took 10 months for H1 extension.
ksnm,
Thanks for the info. My employer talked to IIO and they said they will expedaite , but nothing happened.
hopesr

RFE on H1B

Case: Transfer from F1 to H1B

Applied for H1B on 7th Feb 2003.

RFE issued on 22nd April 2003.

Question: Any idea on what is the success rate after RFE? Is an RFE something to be worried about?

The INS tracking website says "a request for evidence or information was sent on 22nd April"

Please let me know.

H1B documents question...

Does one need to submit paystubs with H1B application?

Our lawyer didn't ask for any.

In reading some posts on the murthy bulletinboard, it seems pay
stubs need to be sent!!??

Please let me know.

In an RFE, they ask you to send a document which they feel you should have sent in the first place, or which they feel they need to see just to verify any kind of doubt they may have.

Generally, an RFE may ask for your latest paystubs, or copies of your passport, or similar things. If you can provide whatever they ask for, then all is fine. Then, all the harm an RFE will do is delay your approval, nothing worse than that.

Next week you will see the RFE yourself, and then you may know if you need to worry or not.

Thats a great success story compared to most of the recent experiences! Congrats to you.

I posted my information for encouragement. My original petition was along the lines of most of your experiences (long processing, RFE that caused further delay and pushed me out of the cap so that once approval was finally granted, the start date was still months away). Hang in there.

H1-B extension denail

Hi ,
My RD is Sept 3rd 2002 for H1-B extension. Got an RFE in Nov 2002 and replied in NOV 2002.
Today my company HR spoke to IIO and they said my case is denied and didnot any other information. Waiting for the letter to receive.

Ksnm or anyone ,
Can you suggest me ,should I use my EAD andwork for the same comapny since my H1-B extension is denied.

Please advise me.
Thanks