H1 2007 Lottery Results

2nd case selected

I applied for H1 for two candidates and both of them got selected in lottery. Is it that I am lucky or are they selecting everyone?

Also for the second case the status still says case not found, may be it is not updated online yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied for H1 for two candidates and both of them got selected in lotter. Is it that I am lucky or are they selecting everyone?

Also for the second case the status still says case not found, may be it is not updated online yet.

you were lucky :) they are obviously not selecting everyone as several people have reported getting rejections (read the posts on murthy.com and immigrationvoice.org).

-a

Guys,

My lawyer told me that USCIS (Vermont) received my application (regular cap, non-premium) on April 2nd, but so far this is the only information I have. I do not want to bug her too much as they submitted 200 cases so they probably have a lot of people calling.

I just checked the company bank account and the checks have not been cashed today. What are my chances at this point of being picked in the lottery?

Thanks

Guys,

My lawyer told me that USCIS (Vermont) received my application (regular cap, non-premium) on April 2nd, but so far this is the only information I have. I do not want to bug her too much as they submitted 200 cases so they probably have a lot of people calling.

I just checked the company bank account and the checks have not been cashed today. What are my chances at this point of being picked in the lottery?

Thanks

You are lucky than I. I even do not know which center received my application. The attorney has not told me anything since April 2. Tomorrow is the last day for the USCIS to send out notifications. Who knows what I am going to receive in a few days?

Hehe, I only know which center because my lawyer sent me a copy of the entire application package.

Hello All,

I got the EAC number for my wife and the receipt date is 26th April 2007. The email was sent on May 7, 2007

Status Update of your Petition - H-1B Outside USA

Description
Received the I-129 receipt notice number EAC07144XXXX

Status
Completed

Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On April 26, 2007, we received this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

What can I expect for this? Thanks!!

Hi everyone,

I was told that yesterday (May 11th) was the last day of receipt issuing from the USCIS. I read this morning that there have been some delays in some of the centres. However, the PDF file on USCIS seems to say that the delays do not effect the premium processing applications. Should we now assume that people who applied under PP and who have not heard anything yet, were not selected in the lottery?

My application was regular cap, premium processing. Not sure of the centre.

Are there many other PP, Reg Cap applicants who have yet to hear anything at all?

Thanks for your help!!!

It's pretty obvious from the number of views on the H1B threads (this & other websites) that there are quite a few folks out there who have not heard anything.

:(

It looks like I am not selected. My company applied with PP and no news yet. Now I have a query. My OPT starts on July 01, 2007 and ends on June 30, 2008. If my company apply for my H1(PP) next year what will be my status in July, August and September? Will I have to leave US?
Is there any way I can change my status for 3 months like F1 or J1 or anything of such kind. Leaving US is risky, I want to stay back till October 01, 2008. What can I do in this case?
I just also want to include I am completing my MS by 30th May, 2007.

Please response.

Thanks.

It looks like I am not selected. My company applied with PP and no news yet. Now I have a query. My OPT starts on July 01, 2007 and ends on June 30, 2008. If my company apply for my H1(PP) next year what will be my status in July, August and September? Will I have to leave US?
Is there any way I can change my status for 3 months like F1 or J1 or anything of such kind. Leaving US is risky, I want to stay back till October 01, 2008. What can I do in this case?

Please response.

Thanks.

Since you complete your MS on May 30, then why do you not start your OPT on July 30?

I can't start my OPT on July 30, cause my employment starting date is 19th July and also my OPT card is processed and mailed. As far as I know, OPT card can not be changed once processed.

Can anyone of u plz suggest me anything about those 3 months?

Im confused about my case. My employer tells me that my check had been cashed (he told me on April 18) and he says that my visa is a work in progress. However, when I asked my lawyer for the receipt or the tracking number, she says that she hasn't heard anything yet.

How long after the checks are cleared do people get their receipts?

I don't know who to believe at this point.

HELP: H1-B Aplication returned due to incomplete I-129

Hello:
My H1B application was returned due to an incomplete I-129.

I got the blue "Notice of Action" papers with notice date May 3, 2007.
The A# number and the Receipt # are empty. the first page of the notice says I should reapply with a complete I-129 and a copy of the notice. Yet, on the last out of 4 pages of this notice I found an excerpt saying that the cap for H1-Bs for this year has already been filled. What does it mean? It is just part of athe form that they send to anyone or does I mean I got rejected? It does not say a word about the lottery... I am clinging to the hope that I got picked in the lottery and only I need to send extra documents... (I forgot to fill in the Data Collection and Fee Expemption Supplement, this is what they are asking for).
There is a sticker on the I-129 with a VGNXXXXXXX number.
Is anyone in a similar situation?
Can I resend the application with the completed portion?

Please help!!

Thanks

Hello:
My H1B application was returned due to an incomplete I-129.

I got the blue "Notice of Action" papers with notice date May 3, 2007.
The A# number and the Receipt # are empty. the first page of the notice says I should reapply with a complete I-129 and a copy of the notice. Yet, on the last out of 4 pages of this notice I found an excerpt saying that the cap for H1-Bs for this year has already been filled. What does it mean? It is just part of athe form that they send to anyone or does I mean I got rejected? It does not say a word about the lottery... I am clinging to the hope that I got picked in the lottery and only I need to send extra documents... (I forgot to fill in the Data Collection and Fee Expemption Supplement, this is what they are asking for).
There is a sticker on the I-129 with a VGNXXXXXXX number.
Is anyone in a similar situation?
Can I resend the application with the completed portion?

Please help!!

Thanks

My understanding is that you do not have a chance because the cap has been filled. If the cap had not been filled, you would be able to complete the application, but this is not the case. There are so many applications that are complete.

It was regular. Does this look good? The status is still pending though.

hi karthick,
Were did u find the status as completed? My is same as the one you have reported. I too clueless whatz goin on? Did you get any response from anyone regarding the same.

My status is pending though..waiting for some approval it seems :confused:

Its Risky to stay in US after your OPT

Its risky for you to stay in US after your OPT expires but people I know have done it and they are fine. If you are in US out of status for 180 days you will have difficulties in getting a US visa in future.

Please response.

Thanks.

Have you received an email that you are selected? or your employer / lawyer told you that you were selected on the lottery?