H1 2007 Lottery Results

We applied for my wife's H1B in reguler ,no premium processing no news yet.
Want to be optimistic for sure. Hoping to know something atleast in next week.
Question I had is I am in H1B and I am working with my current employer in US for last 1 year and was in India with the same company for 3 years.
Can I file for change of my status to L1 by giving up my H1 status ?
Is it possible? :confused:

Please let me know if somebody knows anything.

Yes you can always do that. Ask your company to file L1 for you and once done you can move on to L1 status. I believe you will be taking such a step only if unfortunately your wife's H1 visa doesn't go through. So, I suggest you wait with your fingers crossed and in the extreme case you can get your status changed to L1 and your wife's to L2.

ych,
Sailing in the same boat. But i am clueless why the USCIS is not mentioning anything about the results. They aren't spilling any bean to let know the petioners anything about what is happening with the filed cases. Is the lottery selection done, or is it yet to be done etc. If the selection is done why arent the officals at USCIS letting out the results? Hope nobody has any clue what they are sorting out:-(

H1 Lottery Results

Even I am madly waiting for some communication...

But I feel is...Its been released that the lottery was held on 12th of Apr...So, lets assume they have started issuing receipts from 13th of Apr.

To scan and feed each application, it might atleast take 15 min per application (at the minimum) and assuming 100 people doing the work across four centres and 8 hrs a day...3200 applications would be receipts can be issued per day....Even if we increase the no of people working on this the numbers can go up to 6000 per day.

So it might take ard 15 days for issuing receipts...(This is simply my estimates)...So lets keep our fingers cross and hope for the best...

But I remember reading in one of the murthy bulletin that the final word would come from USCIS on May 7th. So lets wait till then.

All the best!!!

Hi

I am also waiting for the results, if any one of you have any information, please mail me at atinsingh at rediffmail.com

Move to L1 visa

I have a quick question, I dont know if somebody can help me. I am really bumped as my lawyer told me that i have very small chance to get the H1b now.
Does anybody know if i can actually apply for a L1 as i worked for 6 months for the company in the UK Offices and 2 years prior that for the same company in the US under a f1\J1 visa?
I know one of the criteria is to work for the company for 1 year.
Thank you and good luck to everybody.

Hi I applied for H1B regular cap on April 2. Today got an email from my lawyer stating that checks have been cashed and later another email with the receipt notice from VSC. This notice is dated April 24th. I guess I was the lucky one. My lawyer has applied for many H1B's but mine was the first one that got selected in the lottery.

Guys please dont give up hope just yet...u still stand a chance.
Good luck!

Hi, I got email from my consultant mentioned my petiotion being accepted and i was provided the case number. But i belive with the filing number you can find out the status of your case from the http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis link.
And with info from other discussion forums i belive the entire results are yet to be out by 2nd week of may or a week later. Waiting for some more time will be good.
All the Best!

Is that the status for all the application wil be waiting for approval? How can we know the exact status of the petition?

Hi I applied for H1B regular cap on April 2. Today got an email from my lawyer stating that checks have been cashed and later another email with the receipt notice from VSC. This notice is dated April 24th. I guess I was the lucky one. My lawyer has applied for many H1B's but mine was the first one that got selected in the lottery.

Guys please dont give up hope just yet...u still stand a chance.
Good luck!

What is the status of your application number? did you check in "http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis" to find the status of your file?

Recieved reciept notice with notice date 4/17. Looks like the notices are being mailed, hang in there you will get it.

What is the status of your application number? did you check in "http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis" to find the status of your file?

Hi
I have received receipt for Regular H1B visa processing .
Receipt Date April 19th 2007

Waiting for Approval

What is that waiting for approval means to say?:confused:

my application i.e. H1B has got approved today. I checked on USCIS website. The approval notice has been mailed to me today.

Bluemoon.....Yes mine was a regular, non premium processing, non-masters petition. It got approved from Vermount Service center

One more day and and with each passing day chances are getting less and less that i will get visa....i am waiting like anything for this visa but everything is in god's hand now.....i wish all of us best luck and hope to get visa soon!! filed under normal cap, no premium processing and in vermont service center
anybody here received visa from vermont service center under normal cap and no premium processing? if yes, can u give some details..i mean when did u receive visa or receipt number

Last edited by a moderator:
My application is filled in california center wht my consultant told me.....had any one or your friends got any receipt # issued from this center?

my application i.e. H1B has got approved today. I checked on USCIS website. The approval notice has been mailed to me today.

Hi sunny,
did the USCIS send you a mail directly with the status of your petition? If so how did you configure in USCIS to send you email?

Hi Like to Know FY2008 Cap Lotter Result out?

Hi Friend VISHO :)
I TOO VERY DESPARATE.......
An agent in US offered me an H-1B, and an offer letter duely signed and taken USD$2250/-for the processing of H-1B?, Could anyone help me and is there anyway i could check that the agent has applied or given my H-1B petion in USCIS?
Also I like to know is there anyway to counter check this agents fraud? or genuine? If not genuine is there anyway i can file any case against this fraud?
Please someone help me? very desparate!!!!!!!!!!..

warm regards
MCHJVN
:)

Hi Friends
I too are in the same boat,an agent from US offered me an H-1B and taken USD$2250/-and yet i did not get any informations or any receipts#?I think it might take more weeks to sort out the Random Numerics inorder to do the notifications and rejection and refunds? The question is will i get back my USD$2250/- whicy i have paid if not my application is not Random selected?
Please if anyone knows some info in this regards most welcome?, how do i know the agent/employer has given the petitions to USCIS?, is there anyway i could check the Genuinety of this AGent? pls help me someone i am very desparate?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
regards
Friends