H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Sent to St.Louis on Feb 28th
Reached St.Louis on Mar 3rd.

& waiting.....& waiting...... & waiting....
MjC

Wait is over

Hi,

Sent date: Feb 10
Receive Date at St Louis: Feb 11

Date Stamped: May 5 and Received back on May 6, 2003.

Don't know any other dates as I never called them. I sent 2 photos, they sent back one. There was only old DS156 available at that time so I sent that one. Also, my one passport was expiring so they stamped on new passport. This forum has been great.

Hope it helps and good luck to those waiting.

Thank You

Hi guys,

I called dos on 5th may(waiting time 58min).I got my passport stamped on 5th may (I had sent it with old ds-156form.)
Waiting for my passport

My pp details are:

sd 4th feb(st.louis)
rd 5th feb
pd 14th feb

best of luck guys

sri

Hope the waiting is over....

I just spoke to DOS (wait time is 20 minutes) and was told that they stamped my visa today and it's been mailed today.
Will update once I get it..

St.Louis SD Feb 10 2003
St.Louis RD Feb 11 2003
DC RD Feb 21 2003

Thanks,
Sankaran

H1 B Re-validation

Hi

I and my family planned to go to India in June this year. We have already our tickets reservered.

My I-485 filed on 03/27/2002 and still waiting for my approval. My Advance Parole is expired on 5/2/2003. But I have my H1-B valid till 11/2004.

I came to this Country in 1999 and my passport got stamped with the visa issued that time, it was valid till 2001. In 2000, I changed my company here and my H1-B got transferred, but I did not got it stamped in my passport. I changed my company again in 2001, and my H1-B got transferred and this one is valid till 11/2004.

My friends are suggesting me to get it stamped in US.

Can anyone suggeste me Is it OK to get the stamping in India, if so what all the documents I need to carry with me. Or If I need to get it stamped in US, how much time it takes nowadays.

Please help me, I may have to postpone my ticket, once I get the valuable suggestion from you people.

Thanks
Siva

hi

Hi Ponnuswamys,
Per the info you have given you cannot revalidate your visa in US. Because you can revalidate your visa in US only if your stamped visa's expiry date is within a year.

Following is what stated in http://www.travel.state.gov/hlop.html
Look at this link for more info.

The Visa Office considers existing visas for revalidation when they are within sixty days of expiration. Visas received for revalidation before that sixty-day period are returned without revalidation. If your visa has expired, the Visa Office accepts applications for visa revalidation only if the visa is within one year of its expiration date.

Thanks,
Sankaran

H1B Revalidation

Hi Sankaran

Thank you for your quick response.

Since I have got my ticket booked for June 7th 2003 to Chennai, I am in a panic situation.

The visa got stamped in my passport is expired on 12/01/2001. In between I have changed my company and that H1-B expired on 2003, but I did not get it stamped in my passport.

Company-1 - H1-B issued August 1999 - Expired on 1st Dec 2001
Company-2 - H1-B issued May 2000 - Expired on Nov 2003
Company-3 - H1-B issued Dec 13 2001 - Valid upto Dec 2004

I have pay stub for all thru the period without any break. My Company is started in 1998 and it is a small consulting company having only 20 employees at present.

I can get any sort of documents from my company to get my visa stamped in India.

1. Can you please provide me what all documents they need?
2. Is it advisable to go on H1 or I should apply for Advance Parole and go to India.
3. Do you see any problem in my case.

There is a 10days difference according to the visa stamped on my passport and the current employers visa issued date. Is that OK?

Please provide me as much information as possible. My tickets are confirmed and myself and my family is in panic whether to proceed our journey or not.

Thanks and advance

hi

Hi Ponnuswamys,
I am not sure about the Advance Parole procedures. But as far as h1 visa stamping documents please look at www.ttsvisas.com and go to the specific consular section(chennai/delhi....).

Good luck...

Thanks,
Sankaran

Re: St. Louis RD 2/10/03

Hello Sankaran, Sri99999, Thomman, Chandru2003,
Based on your postings..I could guess my case of St. Louis RD 2/10/03 falls in the right time domain as yours. Some of you had already called their DC office to find out that your passports are stamped. Have all/none/any of you received your stamped passports yet??? Tryst and gcinfinite are the only ones in similar time zone who have received their passports till date. I haven't bothered to call them yet, as I know it wouldn't give me any other peace of mind until I actually see the passposts in hand...and mere news of being sent to being stamped or not doesn't help.
Could you people update the site with any further news?
Debasis.

Last edited by a moderator:
visa revalidation

Hi guys,

I called dos again(waiting time 30min),she said i may receive it at any time as my visa got stamped.

I got my labour cleared recently,i am planning to file 140&485
at a time.I am a bachlor planning to get married next year,will this effect to bring my wife to us?

Thank's alot
sri

Recd PP

Got stamped PP today.

St Louis Rd Dt : Feb 10
DC data : Feb 24
Stamped on : May 7
Recd on :May8

Checked fedex site yesterday and confirmed that it was mailed.

Good Luck to all

Chandru

Got PP stamped

I just got my passport stamped.

Sent: 2/12/03
RD: 2/13/03
DC Date: 2/24/03
Stamped: 5/7/03
Got Passpt 5/8/03

Almost took 3 mnths. Anyway thanks to all in this forum.

BTW I used the old DS-156 form (one without barcodes) and I was really tensed after uvmenon got a refusal due to the new/old form issue.

Anyway alls well thats ends well. Now to go ahead and plan my trip abroad.

Wishing others all the best so that they get their passports stamped soon.

Thanks

To sri99999

sri99999,

Could you please give some information about your labour? i know this is not the right place but it would help us. little information like job title, from where .. something like that.

Thanks

Did not get visa stamped

Hi,
Just received my PP today and the visa was not stamped due to new DS-156 requirement and also new photos reqmt's.
Was sent on FEb. 11th and got on may 8th.

Regards,
Anil

I had same issue..
These days INS is very strict about Photographs, did't had white background on it,they send back my pass port without stamping.

Thanks..

Thnaks for reply

Thanx for ur reply adevaram. Ya was bit disappointed at first but no use. will have to send it again. Any idea how much time it takes after resubmission?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Anil

Received stamped passport....

Hi,
Waiting is over.... (Took 87 days)
I just now got my stamped passport.

St.Louis SD Feb 10 2003
St.Louis RD Feb 11 2003
DC RD Feb 21 2003
Visa stamped date May 7 2003
Received stamped passport May 8 2003

I sent both my old passport(had the earlier visa) and new passport. Stamping is done on the new one and the old visa
has been stamped saying "Cancelled Without Prejudice".
Sent 2 photographs and got back one. I had sent the old DS-156(no space for barcode).

Thanks to you all folks for an excellent update. This forum was very helpful...

Thanks,
Sankaran

Hi sankaran,

Congrats man !

Once again i thank for reffering this site.I spoke to dos i may get my pp at any time .

Thank's alot
sri