H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Rejection

Sent via FedEx on Jan 6, 2003. I didn't check St. Louis/DC date.
Got my passport back today, Mar 5, 2003 with no visa (rejected).

I'm a citizen of Indonesia (listed under special registration group IV) even though I don't look like an Indonesian (minority). My company wrote a letter stating that due to the nature of my job I'm required to travel aboard.. but I guess they don't care about that.

Been here for 7+ years, in good status, and my old visa stamp expired 1.5 month before I applied. Didn't get a visa, will be stucked in the US for another 3 years to come (they told me to apply from a consulate abroad, but that means waiting 3 months outside the US - what are they thinking? Anyone will lose their job if they don't come to work for that long), and they took my $100. Oh well..

:(

got passprt back with visas

I sent mine and my daughters passport to st. loius on 5th Januray.They recieved it in st. Loius on 6th Jan 2003 and the washington DC recipet date was Jan 10 2003. I recieved my passport yesterday with the stamps and everything looked fine
Thanks for the post . i got a lot of information and good luck to those who are waiting

Vasu_c and SPSam

Vasu_c and SPSam,

Any updates of your PP/Visa? As per my understanding of this thread, they are processing Jan 6 - Jan 10, Hope mine get process next week!!

:cool:

My St. Louis RD: 01/17/03
Washington ?? Don't know

Thanks
Pal

Question

Has anyone come across such a status

Iam with Company A and the visa expires in August 2001. They extended the visa and got one until 2004, so I was in status.
But in the meantime, I switched the company and so applied for another visa through the new company and that came in only in Dec 2002. I did not do a revalidation for the old company.

So I sent the new company visa for revalidation in Jan 2003.

Would there be a problem with this.

I sent the continuation part from my old company also with this new one which I applied.

Has anyone come across a situation like this where your passport stamped visa had expired for 17 months, but never been out of status.

I called visa office on found that my visa issued and mailed back on 4th. Nothing shows up in fedex tracking till today. I wonder if they sent by regular surface mail. Moreover i have moved recently and I thaught I can call fedex when the shipment starts, if it is regular mail it has to be forwarded. I dont know how much I can trust the USPS mail forwarding. I'm confused guys.
I will post you when i know something.

SaiK

Hey saik,

I called the visa office the day before.
The lady just refused to part with any
details.

All she said was it takes 8-12 weeks.
Wonder what the deal is ? Is it that sometimes
you come across rude officers like I did
or is it normal. Just wondering?

Couple of weeks ago I got the same reply saying that 8 weeks to process, but the vey next week I was told that Visa is issued and mailed back.

Saik:confused:

Same here

Guys,

I had a temp refusal on 4th, and still my fedex tracking number is not being activated, I have to send my papers back but only if I get it back from them in the first place. I would have hoped that they would mail it in 2 days if not the same day.

I will try calling them again tomorrow , I know if I get that rude lady its going to be excercise in futility but I dont have many options either!!

I just spoke to visa officer, she is friendly...I told her i do not see anything in the Fredex tracking, she spoke to her boss and came back with an answer, she says they will send via fedex only if there is account number on the airbill. I insisted that i did put credit card number.....she says wait for the USPS mail...give some more time...
I'm not completely convinced by her answer.

future applicants use FEDEX account number on the air bill though it says account number or credit card number.

Still Waiting

:confused:

Sai

Last edited by a moderator:
dear Folks,

does any of you know how much time its taking to get back h1b stamped on passport from washington D. C??

i had sent my pp for reval to St. Louis in Jan 1st week, got back yesterday rejected due to unsatisfactory photo requirement. The letter says, i don't have to pay the fee again, but i need to send it this time to Washington D.C marking the envelope as "221(g)"

if any of u know what the time frame for D.C Please share..

thanks folks.

Update status --JAN Dates Processing now

Hi guys,

Here is update status
I talk to visa officer today (It took me 47 mins to hold), asked about my Visa status. They are currently processing Jan 23rd of DC System dates.

My details are
St. Louis RD: Jan 17th
DC System Date: Jan 28th

and she said, mine is still pending, takes 1 more week to process

Let's wait!!!

Pal

Sai,

Did you get your passport ?

Originally posted by saik
I just spoke to visa officer, she is friendly...I told her i do not see anything in the Fredex tracking, she spoke to her boss and came back with an answer, she says they will send via fedex only if there is account number on the airbill. I insisted that i did put credit card number.....she says wait for the USPS mail...give some more time...
I'm not completely convinced by her answer.

future applicants use FEDEX account number on the air bill though it says account number or credit card number.

Still Waiting

:confused:

Sai

I finally got it today...

Hi Everybody

I got my passport today. Eventhough they said they mailed it on 04th March, they actually mailed it on 07th march. I got to call FedEx cust support to re-route my package to my new address. They delivered it today.

Sent Date : 26th Dec
ST RD : 27th Dec

DC Recvd Date : 01/09/03 ( That's what officer told me)

Visa Issue date : 03/03/03

FedEx mailed date : 03/07

FedEx recieved date after re-routing : 03/11/03. (Mine is actually 2 Day to save some money.)

Every thing looks right on the passport and visa.
They sent me back every thing I have sent. They cancelled my revalidation employment letter with pen.

This tracked was very helpful. It took around 10 weeks for me.

Thanks
SaiK

Urgent! Please do reply.

Hi,

What should I answer for the following question on for DS-157?

“List all Countries you have entered in the last Ten Years?”

I have been in Thailand for two days because of my connecting flight and one day in Singapore for the same reason. I was there in city and I had transit VISA stamped on my passport for my stay.

Should I mention both the countries including my visits to India?

Your reply would be appreciated!

Thanks

since u say the transit visa is posted on ur passport, they would come to know about it when they scrutinise even if u dont mention it. so i would put it on ds157 form, to be safer, as such i think it is better if they get an idea that you already have visited many countries and u got visa to visit them, i think its a good impression.

Thanks snvishwa, But....

snvishwa,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i was asking this question in regards to re-validate my My H1 and H4 for my wife from St. Louis.

I hope your answer is still same for my question.

Or someone lese who have relvaidated their VISA from St. Louis, Please do reply!

Thanks

Question regarding Reciprocity Fee?

Hi,

I am sending documents to revalidate H1B and H4 for my wife. I am an Indian citizen and my wife is an British citizen. I am little confused with Reciprocity fee. Since Reciprocity fee is only for Indian nationals, should I send this fee for my wife or not? How much total Reciprocity fee should I send?

I understand I have to send $200 for Visa processing fee but now sure about Reciprocity fee. Please provide some input here.

Thanks

question on DS -156 form, new to forum

Hi all,
DS 156 from has a question " Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf? ". I do not know what to fill in for that question. My company has filed I 485 for me and my wife in Jan' 2003. Do I fill in Yes or No. Help needed .....

Thanks