H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

DOB Fixed field

Hello there
As per http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html for H1 Revalidation
“A typed nonimmigrant visa application form DS-156 ” is required. Also month of birth should be spelled out (i.e., write "January 2," NOT 1/2 or 2/1).
However if someone downloads and use Acrobat for from DS-156 the Date of Birth is a fixed field and it only accepts month in numeric form.
I will appreciate if someone please helps me to fix this particular problem.

Regards

Any chance of getting today???

Telecom/RSK1/Niel3
Me too the same.I am thinking of withdrawing the passport.
My tickets are booked for this friday.
Do u have any idea how much time does it normally take to get the passport back assuming the passport is in washington DC.
The state gov website says they will send it next business day.
I have to go to india this friday in any chance.

I started loosing my patience.What does this " M Fs" doing in state government?If they don't know how to get the work done, recruit some H1 people.We will show how the things can be done fast.

MF MF MF.

Dude.

:mad:

No response

MD-dude,
I would say withraw your application today itself. It might take a day to get mailed back to you and another day in Fedex. If you don't recieve on Thursday, I can see your BP rising above 200.
Take no chance with your tickets. I am thinking of cancelling my trip. I have flight on Dec 24. Pur waste of time and money :mad:

Paalov,
Just use the Acrobat reader and the fillable DS-156. Enter the details as per the Acrobat reader requirement. I am sure that should be okay.
Anyway, the format specified in the DS-156 and the one in the instructions themselves are in conflict.

Regards,
techie8

I-797 Form

Guys,

Did you send just photo copy of new I-797 approval notice for H1B re-validation or did you get it notarized or certified by attorney?

OR should I send the original I-797 with the new I-94 attached below for re-validation?.

Please suggest me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
braj123,

I had sent my 1-797 copy which was notarised and i had no issues. Got the passport done with the stamping.

Thanks.

braj123,

I had sent my 1-797 copy which was notarised and i had no issues. Got the passport done with the stamping. I also enclosed all the valid 1-797's , ofcourse i changed 3 employers.

Thanks.

I-797 notarized

While it is not directly mentioned in main requirements that copy of I-797 should be notarized but it is implied where requirements for dependant application are specified.

Here is excerpt from DOS website:

"(6) If the spouse and/or dependent children are applying for visas separately from the principal alien, certified copies of the principal alien’s valid I-797 petition and valid I-94 (front and back) must be submitted in addition to all other requirements. "

I do not think all I-797s need to be sent and only the latest should suffice. Please correct me if you think otherwise.

ammar or face-off or anyone else

Is it safe to send the original I-797 form. Will they send it back safely? I was planning to send the original I-797 form instead of having confusion about certified/notarized photocopy.

Please advise.

Thanks

i797/i129

Guys,
I already posted this. But somehow I have I129 on my approval notice which I received from the INS after filing for my H1 extension. I did not get 797. Why did this happen. Will there be any problems. Please advise.

Just a photocopy is acceptable by DOS

All,

I had just sent a photocopy (No attestation/not notarized) of the I-797 and got my visa re-validated with no problems

Below is a excerpt from the instruction on the DOS website.

As per instructions on URL ( travel.state.gov/hlop.html)
(3) A valid employment petition (Form I-797) issued by the INS must be submitted. The form will indicate the applicant’s current employer and the approved extension of temporary stay. A photocopy is acceptable.

Thanks and Good Luck in your endevaors.

MD-dude/RSK1 any update?

I called the DOS and every time it got disconnected. I am sure the visa printing mechanism is not working and no one is ready to take our inquiry calls now. This is really like in India :cool:

Wait is over

We received our passport back today along with visa. For reference - received at DOS - 10/22 passports sent back to us 12/16. When I called customer service on 12/12, I requested that lady that our tickets are booked for 12/19 and cancelling tickets would not yield to anything to us as they were bought at discounted rate but still worth of $4800 and that would be my loss. So we did not cancel tickets and requested her to send our passport by 12/18. As per her record, since visa was already approved, she assured me to track down our passports and would try to send us before 12/17. It seems she did that.

Fedex first scan report

RSK1,
Did u check what time the Fedex first updated their tracking information?

Can anyone who got their visa recently check that also?I just want to know what time the fedex updates their first scan report.
That would be really helpful for me.I am counting my days.
2 more days to go......

Infact I withdrew my passport.I am yet to get it.

MD-dude

Thank god , it's on the way

A few points which can be noted from my experience-
1.When u withdraw the passport they will send it the next business day itself.They mention that in their website too.So that is very dependable.
2. I think Fedex picks the passport at the end of the business day.
So in my case they collected the passport at 17:14.
3. Fedex updates the tracking info only after 9 pm.This is same in the case of RSK1 too.

My fedex tracking info shows as follows -
Left FedEx Origin Location WASHINGTON DC 12/17/2002 21:14
Picked up by FedEx WASHINGTON DC 12/17/2002 17:14

Hope this would be useful to some of u guys because I know the pain of checking fedex tracker every hr especially when u are in cut throat situation.

Thank god,I can spend christmas with my family now.

dude.

:cool:

Passports sent from DC!!!

I just checked fedex tracking site and wow - my passports have been sent yesterday. Will update once I receive it. I just hope its revalidated...
My RD: Oct 25

I have resubmitted my H1 revalidation application(refused due to 60 days limit) on Dec 4 and I received it yesterday(Dec 17) with visa stamp

indgc

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa printing machine ...

From the posts, it looks like the visa printing machine has started working again.
As somebody mentioned in an earlier post, they seem to have approved the visas, but not stamped them because of the broken machine.
It looks like now they are printing the visas on the passports for all the approved applications. So we should see the approved application dates to move by atleast a week.

Let's hope that too much printing does not cause the darn machine to break again :D