H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

Any new visa re-validation updates?

Friends - We have planned a vacation on Dec 24. I still haven't got my passports back. Should I cancel the trip or take a chance.
My RD = Oct 25. Please help!!!!

H1/H4 Visa Revalidation

On Friday (Dec 6), I recd. my and my spouse's Passports back from DOS with NO Visa Stamping. I got this back from Washington DC even though our applications were received at St. Louis on Oct 11th. The reason cited by the DOS Officer in the attached letter is as follows:
"We are unable to process your Non Immigrant Visa at this point of time under Section 221(g) because the photographs you sent are not in conformance with the requirement (should be less than 6 months old). Please send back all the documents with new applications and photographs to the Washington DC address mentioned above. No Machine Readable Visa fee payment is required to be made again".

I have sent the applications back with new photographs today and the waiting resumes again.....My friend who applied for revalidation on the same day (received at St. Louis on Oct 11th) has got the PP back on Dec 5th with new Visa stamped on it.

Moral of the story: When applying for Visa revalidation NEVER send your photographs that are older than 6 months (even if it's only 8-9 months old as it was in my case). Good Luck to all.

Approved

:D

SD: Oct 10, 2002
RD: Oct 11, 2002

Talked to DOS (Tel: 202-663-1225, option# 1 and option# 6) today for status. They checked by my lastname and date of birth and said my case has been approved and sent out today. I'll update when I get my FedEx.

Good luck to you all...

PP in about 8 weeks

telecom,

The passports are coming back within 7 to 8 weeks. You will be right on the edge. But I think you should be able to get it before 24th Dec. You will surely be in anxious mode till you have your passport in you hand.

Postpone your by a week if you can.

Good Luck.

Old Photos vs new photos

I have a question from the people who got their applications rejected because they supplied an old photograph that How does it get determined wheather photo is old or new by DOJ.

TEchnology to detect age of photgraph

All,

There are different technologies to detect the age of the photo paper, like amount of silver oxidation or the age of the gelatin used in photgraphs. I am not sure which technology is used by the DOS.

Anyway just to avoid refusal and unnecessay loss of time, send the photographs as per the DOS specification/requirments.

Thanks.

Does anyone know how long will it take for DOS(Washington D.C)to process resubmitted applications?

Thanks
Indgc

Still Waiting

Any Update for RD Date Post Oct 15.
Mine is OCT24..and still waiting.
Ash777/Telecom Please inform as soon as get it.

Neil123

No update for RD=Oct 25

Neil and Ash,

Please let me know as soon as you get the passports. I have my tickets and all booked for Dec 24. Really tensed...:mad:

Passport Received

Fedex Sent to St Louis: 21st Oct 2002
DOS Received date : 22nd Oct 2002

Passport Stamped : 9th Dec 2002
FEDEX Passport Received : 10th Dec 2002.

Exactly 6 weeks.

Thank you very much. Best of Luck.

Still Waiting

telecom..I am still in wait mode. Though I tried
to call them several times yesterday and today but
the call gets disconnected after a while. I dont know why...can any one tell me whats the best time to call DOS. If we are lucky may be by this time the passports have been stamped (looking at immihelp100's dates)

Msg for Neil123

I called DOS today in the morning (sharp 9:15 am). The officer said that it will take upto 8 weeks. Its still not processed. My RD was Oct 25. Inshort, no update...
Try calling them in the morning (between 9-10) and YOU WILL get through.

My H1B Visa revalidated! :)

Folks,

These are my details:

Recvd by DOS (St Louis) on: 21 Oct 2002
Visa Issue Date: 10 Dec 2002
Recvd back from DOS on: 11 Dec 2002

Strangely, though I sent it to the DOS in St Louis, I got my passport back (stamped with the visa) from Washington DC. (The Visa itself seems badly printed (compared to the last one I had from Chennai), with the font a little blotchy and not as crisp, and the photo badly reproduced; and on the visa under "Issuing Post" it only says "DEPARTMENT" -- not that any of this matters, though.) Does anybody know under situation they send it to Washington DC for processing? Does something trigger of an alarm? The only "unusual" thing I can think of in my case is that I sent two passports -- an older one which expired last year (and which had the expired H1B stamp) and a new one issued by the Indian Embassy in Houston.

Also, I sent my passport for revalidation *after* filing my I-485 -- without bothering to check with my lawyer about the soundness of the idea. And after sending the passport for revalidation, I received both my EAD and AP document. I was just wondering, there is no crazy rule like, "If you apply for revalidation of your H1B visa after filing I-485, it is taken by INS as an abandonment of the AOS application", right? I know the question might sound a little crazy/paranoic, but one can never be too sure about INS/DOS..... :)

Cheers,
greeksocrates

All visa from DOS comes from Washington

greeksocrates,

All the revalidated passport comes from Washigton DC. There is no alarm set in your case. This is the current process. Fees are sent to St. Louis and stamped passport comes from Washington DC. Similarly fees from CP (Consular Processing) is sent to St. Louis and the processing of the application happens as Portsmouth, NH.

DEPARTMENT on the visa means that this visa was issued from DOS (Depratment of State).

Just relax and enjoy your new visa.

Thanks.

At time do they dispatch to the fedex?

Guys,
Any idea on what time the DOS dispatch the passport? Is it a fixed time of a day?

My passport reached st.louis on 21'st oct.My flights are booked for next week.I am still waiting for my passport.... :(

dude

FedEx pickup

FedEx picks the packages from all the offices on its route between 2 to 7 PM (approx). Most of the time the courier scans the package as soon as it picks up.

The scans should get posted by 9:00PM on the fedex.com web site for your tracking number. If you don't see any scans on your tracking number that means that DOS has not completed their processing.

There are about 6 to 12 scans from pickup to delivery) on each FedEx package.

Thanks.

Any updates today?

Neil123/MD-dude,
I think DOS is still processing Oct 21 (RD) passport revalidation cases. Don't understand how come Oct 22 (RD) cases were approved before Oct 21. Any idea???

Long wait

Our MD is 10/21
RD by dos 10/22

Talked to customer service on 12/12 and she informed me that our visa is approved but since they have back log of visa printing it may take 1-2 weeks more to dispatch the passports. She said that they have 6 boxes pending as of 12/11 for visa printing.