H-1 revalidation tracker in St.Louis/Washington

I sent my documents for revalidation on Aug 15
I didnt see any tracker for revalidation. Is one being worked on? Just curious.

H1 To H4 at St. Louis???

Hello..

I was on an H1 visa . I just changed over to an H4 and have received an apporval. Can I send my papers to St. Louis for getting the H4 stamped in my passport?

Can you help or send me a site that gives this information.

Thanks

Hello cybrid,
Visa revalidation within US is possible only for people who maintain the same category as the one on which they entered US. If you change the visa category you need to go outside US and get a Visa stamped.

You might want to double check with an attorney if there are any exceptions.

Good Luck.

Received St. Louis July 15, 2002
Visa Stamped Aug 22, 2002
Shipped back Aug 23, 2002
Received back by FedEx Aug 26, 2002

received pp by regular mail

I sent my passport and papers on July 9th by fedex, along with a return fedex airbill.
Recd on July 10th.

Issued on Aug 19th.

The letter is postmarked on Aug 22nd
Received by Aug 26th.

Why did they send by regular mail? why not use fedex airbill that I sent along with the return Fedex envelope. May be because I used my company's fedex account.The return address on the fedex airbill was my office address.
Anyway, I received the letter addressed to my home address. Initially I was freaked out, what happend if USPS lost it? Anyway, am happy I got it back.

I got my passport, employment letter, and H1B approval notice.

Roshan.

CONGRATS to both of you..:)
nbala & nroshan

I sent my passport for revalidation on July 31.. still waiting..

no word still

hoping for next week. anybody have any idea about how long it takes to get if we fax them for return of passport without revalidation ?

did u call them?

we sent passports on the same day. I think you should ask them whether it's been mailed or still in process.

CONGRATULATIONS.. hopfulone :)

You wrote that you got your passport thru ordinary mail even though you sent the Fedex Pre paid airbill.
Is that true??
I am wondering whether it is by mistake or they are doing it intentionally??
Anyway, I am still waiting.. sent my visa for revalidation on Aug 1st..

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
sanksin,

When is u'r H1 expiring. Just wanted to find out if
one needs to send for re-validation just 2months before
expiry.

Is that true.

I am asking this since, my company said that they will not allow me to work incase I don't submit my new H1 before the expiriy and am not sure if 2 months is sufficient time to get the re-validated visa.

Isn't it too risky to send just before 2 months of expiry.

Thanks

Difference in re-validation and H1 renewal.

Priyagc,
I think you are confused between visa revalidation and H1 renewal.
You need to have a H1 applied for before the current H1 expires, in fact your application should be received (with all required documents) at INS in order to be working till the new H1 is approved. H1 is authorization to work in the US.
H1 Visa can be revalidated any time as long as you have a valid H1 for at least 6 months from the date of application and the passport is valid for another 6 months from the date when the application has been made. H1 "VISA" is only required for an individual to enter into US.

In any case you should consult your attorney before coming to any conclusion.

ucn.