==> AUGUST 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 02/19/2002)

Hi, HTAM

Could you tell me how did you do the FP in San jose while it was scheduled in Oakland?

Thanks

Talked to IIO

I chomped on the bit and made that call today. After 75 minutes wait,
I talked to an IIO. My AVM message still sings "taking between 975 and 999 days". I did my FP on Feb 6. So, I asked the IIO about the AVM update(or lack there of) and what my case status is. She(the IIO) said they received the finger prints fine; but no officer has been assigned my case. She also said that they are still working on April ND cases so I better be patient.

Just to reiterate, my RD is Aug 21 and ND Sep 21.

If no officer has been assigned my case yet, is it realistic to expect approval before, say, 8 weeks? Doesnt look good.

Comments/opinions appreciated.

thanks,
sf91

PCee, please add my data

MD 8/29/01
RD 8/31/01
ND 9/24/01
AP 11/14/01
EAD 12/10/01
FP received 12/10/01
FP 1/16/02
FP scheduled 1/16/02
Processing resumed 1/19/02

FP in San Jose

Hi,

I did mine in San Jose on Feb 9, 2002. Scheduled for Feb 22, 2002 in Oakland.

I didn\'t answer the right question

Basically, they never asked you anything when I submitted my FP notice.

How long do I wait to see approval once a case is assigned?

My case is WAC-01-293: RD 8/31/01 and ND 9/24/01.
IIO confirmed just a few minutes ago that all the cases of my family were assigned 4/15/02. My wife and I had FP 1/16/02 and INS received the result 1/19/02. How long should we wait to hear approvals? What was the average waiting period from the case assignment to approval in the past? Will a new security check procedure delay approvals even after FP? Any wisdom will be appreciated.

No Title

Hi tb00957, I\'ve same details as yours and got RFE too. I don\'t know if they are after ex F1 holders or is it random. Have you changed your company ?

How long for case assignment after FP done?

Hello, I called INS yesterday and was told my I-485 case had not
been assigned to any officer yet. I did the FP on 2/26 and AVM
said results received and process resumed on 3/1.
Other info is, RD 8/01, AP 9/01, EAD 11/01, FP received 2/5/02

How long does it take INS to assign a case to an officer after
FP results? Why is it so difficult for a case assignment?
interesting but could not understand the reason at all. Can
somebody share the thoughts? Would greatly appreciate it.

RFE issued

Yes, I was on F1 before, then h1 at another company.

I haven\'t changed company since my current employer filed for me. But a lot of my friends at my current company got RFE, probably because my company had layoff and INS is concerned whether I\'m still there, and whether the company is able to pay my salary.

I just heard the AVM yesterday saying RFE issued on 5/2, haven\'t talked to attorney yet, so don\'t know what it\'s about. Hopefully everything will be allright.

Please discontinue using this thread and use new one....

PCeeTmp "==>2001 AUG SEPT thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 05/16/2002)" 5/16/02 9:56pm

Thanks
PCee