green card in 3months in dallas

for pc3f

hi,
after dora interview all application goes to Missouri service center where they get A# then they send NOA to applicant then they send all the applicatioinn back to dallas office.where they do further processsing.all reports of fingeprinting and name check are received by them via internet.the process is very fast.The processsing on yr case is done from begining to end by the same officer who inteveiwed you on first day.

Quick Questions.

I applied to DORA on March 6, 2006, and my BIOMETRICS were taken on May 3rd, do any of you know what is next? My mom is a permanent resident, and I am under 21, we 1st filled I-30, then I485.

Also, at the time of the appointment of my biometrics, i was pictured. I had submitted the 3 required face photos at the time of my 1st interview, where i submitted all the paperwork. What was the this photo taken at the time of my biometrics for?

Thanx for all the info that can be provided!

chand311 said:
i was about to submit my AOS application(485, 130 aand alll forms) when i came to know about new PILOT dallas rapid adjustment program.(DORA PROGRAM FOR DALLAS)

My wife who is USC is sponsoring me.

submitted my forms on may 6th.

had the interview the ssame day.

the officer said i would be having fingerprinting in about 10days and then my greeen card should be there in about 2.5 months if the finger prints go well.

filed: may 6th
interview may 6th

questions asked: bills, how long we are staying together, any common bills, photos and 864. Officer said we dont have to apply for EAD and parole as we are going to get the green card in 3months.

any body more interested in knowing about my experience reply to this post.
Dallas rocks.!!!

P.S. i think one has to live in dallas to apply for this program.
My wife and I were applying for DORA. We were sent back to make another appointment because we were short $10 on I-485. Apparently the form that I downloaded from Infopass website was an older form and the new fee was $10 dollar more. It was not a good experience.

We went there at 9 am and we were the only one that actually dressed decent and the place is like a DMV. The clerk at the front desk was very rude and the instruction that was given from this center about how the applications forms should be arranged order is conflicting to the instructions given from each forms - I-130, I-485 and etc.

What worse was that my wife (USC) got so mad she had an argument with the front desk clerk over the conflicting info from info web site and the new fee at immigration office. I think I am on the black list now.

Anyway, what other questions did the officer asked about you in the interview? Did you use an Attorney? How did you arrange your documents?

Last edited by a moderator:
p3ac3fu,

Your time line is very similar to ours. Ours was Nov 14th DORA interview. We have been waiting since the 70 day letter with no news at all. Our lawyer says we cannot enquire on our Dora app since we got the 70 day letter, until the Priority date for I-485 in the Dallas office gets current! Right now they are only at Feb 1, 2005! We are really frustrated since we wanted to travel internationally soon. I tried to write to our congressman, but got no reply. Which congressman did you write to? Did you write via the online web form?

Good luck with your case!

---

p3ac3fu! said:
perrysallas,

congratulations on your gc.

I have a question.

Do DORA applications get transferred from MSC to Dallas local office ?

I thought they would be in dallas since they interviewed us here.

here is my experience with DORA and the reason for my asking.

I had DORA interview on Nov8, 2005 fp on Nov 29 2005.

I had one more 485 application pending thru employment since Mar 2004 at nebraska service center. Since priority dates for employment based gc are retrogressed to 2001 , we applied for family based gc thru DORA.(thought it would be faster ) :(

Got a letter on 70 th day saying processing wont be done in 90 days.

The officer at the window on my 70th day letter said that the background checks are complete, and the app should be completed soon. It had been 3 months from that day, so I recently enquired with congressman on the status . He said they are waiting for my original file transfer from Nebraska Service center to Dallas.

I called 800 number and enquired about the file transfer, they said it usually takes 2 months (yeah, right..). IT already had been 6 months for me.

We wrote to senator again requesting him to get the status on my file transfer , within a week after that i got a request for additional evidence on my employment based petition from Nebraska. Talked to a lawyer , he asked me to withdraw employment based petition . He said, even though i send the additional evidence, the app would take forever to get current priority date.

In the same letter he asked me to request them to transfer my file to Dallas (with a copy of my i-485 & i-130 receipt from MSC ). I am now worried my application would get lost somewhere ...( MSC possibly)

:confused:

I wrote to congressman Kenny Marchant , I did thru the online form and faxed the info release form , I later called his office and came to know they initiated the enquiry to INS , I received a letter from him after 3 weeks after the enquiry.

APPROVED!!!!!!! I-130 & I-485 as of 22 may 06

Thanks to all the information that was posted here. I learned a lot from this forum, it kept my attitude positive while going thru this process. I wish everyone a speedy approval and good luck. Bye!

DORA appt: 9 Mar 06
Fingerprinting: 14 April 06
I-130 & I-485 approved 22 May 06
total days waiting: 78

Moved from Dallas

From what I am seeing in this thread, it looks like applying for DORA would not have been such a great idea after all. I was living in Plano when my wife and I applied for change of status. Now because we wanted to get the EAD and AP quickly, we sent all the documents to Chicago lockbox facility. Immediately after we got my EAD, we moved to Fredericksburg, VA for my new job. Luckily the priority date at the local DO (Norfolk, VA) was way ahead of that of Dallas and so we had our interview this Monday (22nd May). That was a little over 180 days. The only reason we didn't apply for DORA at that time was to get the EAD and AP quickly, but looks like we saved a lot of trouble not applying for DORA.

P.S. We both miss Dallas terribly and plan on moving back there in the next couple of years :). It is not much fun to be in Redskins territory :eek: Not to mention the crazy property prices here.

Approved!!!

I have been reading these boards while my DORA app was in progress...yesterday I checked online and it said I was approved as of May 19th!! - still waiting for the greencard in the mail....here's my timeline:

Married march 18th (I am a Canadian citizen born in Poland and here on a TN visa)
Appointment: March 27th (originally I had late April but I kept checking) - It was EASY but took a long time (2 hours, most of it waiting)
Receipt notice: April 7th (in the notice it said they received the app on March 27th, yet online it said April 4th - Also, on the I-130 my name was misspelled - I called to correct it but they said my wife had to call since she was the sponsor/applicant)
Fingerprint notice: April 14th (appointment location: the Village at Bachman Lake in Dallas for May 4th)
Fingerprints done May 4th - took about 20 minutes total
Online Approval: May 25th (although it said I was approved May 19th - even though I checked EVERYDAY it took about a week to update - and this is the ONLY update I ever got - before that it said "it is taking us between 120 and 180 days to process this type of case")

Thanks for everyone who posted their experience - it was nice to not be the only one waiting and waiting and waiting!

GOOD LUCK!!! :) :) :)

Can some one help me with the list of all the documents necessary to file using DORA for my wife's green card. I am in the process of becoming a citizen. My oath ceremony in on Jun 29 so I am just trying to get every thing ready to file. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Sunny

Approved notice in email - How long for gc?

We were thrilled to get the USCIS mail status that said that our I130 was approved and I-485 welcome notices were mailed to us and should be in the mail! How long after the welcome notice can we expect the actual physical green card?

It looks like our case followed the exact priority date timeline for I130 processing at the Texas Service Center that is posted that say Nov 2005 cases are being processed.

We are so relieved and are now eagerly waiting to get the card in our hands!

Thanks for everyone on this board for posting their experiences.

sunnyg1972 said:
Can some one help me with the list of all the documents necessary to file using DORA for my wife's green card. I am in the process of becoming a citizen. My oath ceremony in on Jun 29 so I am just trying to get every thing ready to file. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Sunny

Sunnyg,

You can find all info on forms to file, etc. on the USCIS website:
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/Pilot_Procedure.htm

KRIS_B,

I also just got the approval email in the mail. Pls post as to when you receive your green card in the mail, so we can assess how long it takes after the notice to receive the cards in hand. We are eager to plan international travel based on when we get the cards.

Thanks!

kris_b said:
I have been reading these boards while my DORA app was in progress...yesterday I checked online and it said I was approved as of May 19th!! - still waiting for the greencard in the mail....here's my timeline:

Married march 18th (I am a Canadian citizen born in Poland and here on a TN visa)
Appointment: March 27th (originally I had late April but I kept checking) - It was EASY but took a long time (2 hours, most of it waiting)
Receipt notice: April 7th (in the notice it said they received the app on March 27th, yet online it said April 4th - Also, on the I-130 my name was misspelled - I called to correct it but they said my wife had to call since she was the sponsor/applicant)
Fingerprint notice: April 14th (appointment location: the Village at Bachman Lake in Dallas for May 4th)
Fingerprints done May 4th - took about 20 minutes total
Online Approval: May 25th (although it said I was approved May 19th - even though I checked EVERYDAY it took about a week to update - and this is the ONLY update I ever got - before that it said "it is taking us between 120 and 180 days to process this type of case")

Thanks for everyone who posted their experience - it was nice to not be the only one waiting and waiting and waiting!

GOOD LUCK!!! :) :) :)

Question, Please Help!

I'll be having my interview next week. My wife did a great job on gathering all the paperwork and documents for the DORA program. We are very excited and positive about it. I have only one question, one concern... About 10 years ago I came to the States for a short period of time and at that time visitors were allowed to issue a social security number (not valid for employment). Came back to live here in 2000, I'm out of status right now but I've been working and paying my taxes with that social security number for the last 4 years. I have it all documented on my I-130 and G-325 forms. Would that be a reason to complicate my process (application)? Everything else is fine. Any good advice?
I believe they know people go there all the time and they know that many of them work when they shouldn't be working! I'm also afraid they will contact my employer, my employer will for sure fire me... Help me... That's the only thing on my mind, make me feel better with a good advice.
I heard there is a form and a fee as a waiver! Have you heard anything like that? HELP, thank you so much!

Status update

Hello Guys,

Here's my timeline

June 24th 2005 - DORA interview filed I-485 (Already approved I-130)
Aug 17th 2004 - Did my fingerprints in Fortworth
(Case Status - This type of case will take 120-180 days to process .......)

Jan 2006 1st week - Infopass - They said my Name check is pending
Feb 2006 - Called FBI they said they have sent the fingerprint results back to INS on Aug 18th 2005.
May 26th 2006 - LUD - 05/26/2006 - Case Status update - Received 3 similar emails.

(On August 31, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made)
May 27th 2006 - LUD - 05/27/2006 - But no emails

My question is, if my fingerprints were sent back to INS from FBI on Aug 18th, why did my current status change now after 9 months of submitting my fingerprint also why does the date say Aug 31st 2005? Does this mean my Name check is still going on or has been completed? How do I know for sure if my name check is completed or not? Any phone numbers or email ID to submit enquire with FBI.

Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

dallas_gal?

It seems like you are almost there :rolleyes: I'm having my interview nest week. Do you have any word of advice for me? Would you please ready my comment above and maybe suggest something? I would very much appreciate it :)

Just wondering!!

:rolleyes:

I'm in the process of sending my I-485 adjustment of status and I just had a wild thought. Can I adjust with the programme as well.....we live in Dallas.

Here's a summary of my case:

Husband petitioned for me in 2001 at the Texas Service Center. while he was an LPR....Came here on a B1/B2 visa and have overstayed.....he became a U.S citizen on June 1st 2006.....we have tried to upgrade my I-130 since then...hvnt heard anything back from NVC as yet..so hence we're in the process of adjusting my status and sending the package to Chicago Lock Box.

Someone had suggested to us to use the DORA programme. So we're not sure if we wld have had to have started the entire process with them or if we can continue the I-485 process with Dallas instead of sending it to Chicago.

Its just a wild thought :) ? So if anyone can help me here......i wld really appreciate. Thank u