green card in 3months in dallas

94th day without GC

Hi folks!

May -26 Interview-accepted
July 07 FP done

Online status
For I-130 still the same from 06/01
I485 was changed on 07/11 but the text was not changed - there was nothing about FP received.

I've seen that some get GC in 60 days, some in 150 days. Well, there was no 70th day "refuse" letter.
If I will schedule Infopass appointment for this saturday for EAD, should I go alone or together with my spouse (she is the one who is USC)?

Somebody got insisted them to get EAD the very same day?

while this going on, what letters of help should we write and to whom? or better call?

Congressman? Ombudsman?

Francois said:
Hi folks!

May -26 Interview-accepted
July 07 FP done

Online status
For I-130 still the same from 06/01
I485 was changed on 07/11 but the text was not changed - there was nothing about FP received.

I've seen that some get GC in 60 days, some in 150 days. Well, there was no 70th day "refuse" letter.
If I will schedule Infopass appointment for this saturday for EAD, should I go alone or together with my spouse (she is the one who is USC)?

Somebody got insisted them to get EAD the very same day?

while this going on, what letters of help should we write and to whom? or better call?

Congressman? Ombudsman?
Look at my timeline and you will see that I heard nothing between 6/15 and 8/23. My fingerprint info was as a result of phoning. Jusdging by recent completions you are worrying too soon.
I am not sure that infopass schedules appointments for Saturdays and i rather doubt you will get anything so soon other than as a result of a cancellation. Cechout my signature for my timeline

Hi, folks!
Well, I did an appointment for Sep-08. At least I'm gonna get EAD so waiting for GC won't be that boring.

Hi, guys we are not lucky . We were interviewed on July 21, 2005 for I-485 and I-130. Received receipt on August 10, But our receipt for I-485 says "USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOITMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken."

I tried to call 1-8000375-5283 and asked to set up a figure print appointment for my mom. On the phone, customer service asked me to read the form I-797 to him. Since the form says that my mom should wait for appointment notice, the customer service refused to set up the appointment for my mom at all.

I am wondering what does your receipts says about FP? Can anyone please tell me? Does your receipt ask you to call and make FP appointment? Thanks

Well, today with big difficulties, almost begging, I've got EAD (officer didn't want to do it - just as almost everybody here writes - they want you to mail I-751, or to show 70's day letter). If smth goes hinky, find guts to ask for supervisor.I know, It's hard when you are disappointed and almost crying (as I was today). But you are entitled to that right, because INS as any federal agency is funded by your or your spouse's tax money.

When I came home, I I received e-mail from DHS CRIS MSC -nnnnnnnnnn. Anyway, that's the update on my case. It says: "on July 19 we received the FP and your case resumed".It gives me grounds to think that the sending of this e-mail was initiated by the visit to INS. So it's not automatic indeed. But the online status is still the same.

:(

Best luck to you.

70th Day Letter

I have been asked to go to local office to apply for my EAD.

1) Does anyone know what all documents (Photo, receipt notice etc) I have to take along with 70th day letter?
2) Also, will they have any information what exactly is my case status (Stuck in Name check etc)?
3) How long (Hours) it would take for them to give an EAD once I submit my documentation?

Thanks for any information.

Approval today for DORA

I've not been a regular poster here but wanted to update the forum on my (and my wifes) experience. It may help some of you in a similair situation.

We live in Dallas and my wife won the DV2005 program so we went ahead and enrolled in the DORA program.

Timeline:
23 June 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas, all forms submitted - No problems
30 June 2005: (Day 07) NOA received in mail for FP/Bio for both of us and the earliest appt. we could get was 17 Aug 2005.
28 July 2005: (Day 35) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC for me
03 Aug 2005 : (Day 41) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC for my wife
17 Aug 2005 : (Day 55) Orig. FP/Bio appointment - NOT NEEDED !!!
14 Sept 2005: (Day 83) Email saying both cases have been approved.

Good luck to all !!

robsausa said:
30 June 2005: (Day 07) NOA received in mail for FP/Bio for both of us and the earliest appt. we could get was 17 Aug 2005.

Glad it worked out for you just in time before Sept. 30th, like you wanted!

What's your country of citizenship so your experience can be added to the DORA timeline?

Hi Robsausa,
thank you SO MUCH for sharing your experience with us, and bringing some light to us, poor DORA applicants! ;)
I had my interview last week, and the waiting is already killing me! It always feels SO good to hear from people who made it with no problems!
Thank you!

=========================

My DORA timeline:

08 Sept. 2005: Appointment and Interview on the same day...WE'RE APPROVED! :)
08 Sept. 2005: DAY 01 ...And the Countdown begins...
14 Sept. 2005: DAY 07 ...still no news... :(

Anti-climacus and Inlove, thank you.

Yes it all worked out very well for us and the cost and time saved of winning DV2005 as well as getting to apply through DORA was huge. We are citizens of South Africa.

If anyone has any other questions about our whole process please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your answer Robsausa!
I do have a little question...I keep hearing different opinions about the FP walk-in, a lot of people do it, but I also heard that if you apply with DORA you're not supposed to do it, as you can't call the 800# for an appointment, but should wait for the USCIS letter where they schedule an appointment for you.
However, I read that you did the FP walk-in, and everything went fine, so now I'm very confused about this whole thing. :confused:

Should I wait for their letter with the appointment date (the officer who interviewed us said it might take over 2 months to receive it! :( ), or can I try the walk-in after I get the NOA letter???
Please, help, I'm confused! :eek: :confused:

Thank you so much and, again, CONGRATS!!! :)

I am US Citizen and would like to sponsor my Mom for GC and hence took an appointment with new PILOT dallas rapid adjustment program.(DORA PROGRAM FOR DALLAS) on Nov3, 2005 while her B2/Visiting visa on I-94 expires on Nov26, 2005. I know it only takes 3 months thru DORA. But the question is, once she applies for 485 on Nov3, can she be legally allowed to stay in the U.S even though her I-94 expires or should I apply for B2 visa extension right away @ TSC. If so, will it affect her GC processing?
Thanks in advance

K1234 said:
I am US Citizen and would like to sponsor my Mom for GC and hence took an appointment with new PILOT dallas rapid adjustment program.(DORA PROGRAM FOR DALLAS) on Nov3, 2005 while her B2/Visiting visa on I-94 expires on Nov26, 2005. I know it only takes 3 months thru DORA. But the question is, once she applies for 485 on Nov3, can she be legally allowed to stay in the U.S even though her I-94 expires or should I apply for B2 visa extension right away @ TSC. If so, will it affect her GC processing?
Thanks in advance

Once AOS is filed and pending, she is in legal status until adjudication.

once the aos filed yes...

if you file the AOS package for her befor the time on the i-94 she would have a new status of pending i-485 . she will be ok .

Inlove,

I'm no expert so this is just my opinion...

I would say that if time is an issue (which it really was for us since DV visas need to be approved by September 30th and I was'nt prepared to wait for my FP appointment) then go right ahead and try for a walk-in appointment. Both my wife and I did it on separate dates and went absolutely smoothly, mine taking about 20 mins and hers about 10.
I used a lawyer and at no time did she mention you cannot attempt walk-ins under the DORA program, in fact she encouraged it in our case since time was an issue.
IF time is an issue for you, I would try walking in. Just avoid the early mornings since that is when they tend to be most busy and less accomodating. We both went at about 2.30 PM, mid-week and it was very quiet and I have no doubt this made them a little more willing to help us out.
Hope this helps, good luck and keep posting.

Once 485 is applied, can my mom who is on B2(visitor visa) stay legally

Hi
I am U.S citizen and I took an appointment with DORA for my mom(whom I am sponsoring GC) and the appointment is scheduled for Nov3, however her I-94 expires on Nov26. Once she applies for I-485 (I-130, G-325A, I-864, I-485, and the medical) on Nov3, is she legally allowed to stay in U.S or should we apply for extension of her B2 visa right away so that she gets an extension before Nov 26.

Thanks a lot.

K1234

K1234 said:
Hi
I am U.S citizen and I took an appointment with DORA for my mom(whom I am sponsoring GC) and the appointment is scheduled for Nov3, however her I-94 expires on Nov26. Once she applies for I-485 (I-130, G-325A, I-864, I-485, and the medical) on Nov3, is she legally allowed to stay in U.S or should we apply for extension of her B2 visa right away so that she gets an extension before Nov 26.

Thanks a lot.

K1234

Hi, K1234 is a U.S citizen and he/she took an appointment with DORA for his/her mom (whom he/she is sponsoring GC) and the appointment is scheduled for Nov3, however her I-94 expires on Nov26. Once she applies for I-485 (I-130, G-325A, I-864, I-485, and the medical) on Nov3, is she legally allowed to stay in U.S or should they apply for extension of her B2 visa right away so that she gets an extension before Nov 26.

Thanks a lot.

Inlove said:
Thanks for your answer Robsausa!
I do have a little question...I keep hearing different opinions about the FP walk-in, a lot of people do it, but I also heard that if you apply with DORA you're not supposed to do it, as you can't call the 800# for an appointment, but should wait for the USCIS letter where they schedule an appointment for you.
However, I read that you did the FP walk-in, and everything went fine, so now I'm very confused about this whole thing. :confused:

Should I wait for their letter with the appointment date (the officer who interviewed us said it might take over 2 months to receive it! :( ), or can I try the walk-in after I get the NOA letter???
Please, help, I'm confused! :eek: :confused:

Thank you so much and, again, CONGRATS!!! :)

I think one should follow the USCIS procedure, and if they say you got to wait until you ll receive the FP appointment Notice, that would be the right thing to do,to keep in the legal track., no matter if you were accepted at the DORA program or you followed the regular route ( chicago ) .

BUT.... if you consider that the delay now are mainly becouse the FP/Bio stage, a Walk In attempt can help you to speed up your case.

I did a walk in, and maybe ill be requested to redo it. But i thought it worth to try... just my opinion

robsausa said:
I've not been a regular poster here but wanted to update the forum on my (and my wifes) experience. It may help some of you in a similair situation.

We live in Dallas and my wife won the DV2005 program so we went ahead and enrolled in the DORA program.

Timeline:

Good luck to all !!

Hi Guys! I am new to this Forum but I have been reading your usefull posts for some time now.

Robsausa, Congratulations on the approval of your case! I am surprised how D.O.R.A works fast for some people and some others not.
I am also a DV2005 winner who applied for AOS throug D.O.R.A on June 6, 2005. We were Fingerprinted (FP) on June 23, 2005. Since that date we have not received any information on our case. My online status has been the same since June 10, 2005. It reads "your fingerprint fee was accepted as complete, and processing of your case has resumed".
For me and my wife it has been more than 90 days since the initial interview and deadline for DV immigration program (September 30, 2005) is just around the corner.
We went today to Dallas USCIS office to get any update on our cases but we didn't get any usefull information. The only new information they told us was that our security check was cleared on August 15, 2005. I wonder why nothing has happened since that date.
I have tried sending inquiries on my case to Dallas USCIS office through the lawyer that is representing us but they get as response that our case has been forwarded to a Immigration Supervisor.
I even wrote to the Congressman that is representing the area where I live to see if he can help.
Maybe Robsausa or any other person on this forum can suggest something to help find some information obout our filing.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Interview and filling through D.O.R.A 06/06/05
Fingerprinting (FP) 06/23/05
(no 70 days letter received)
(no online updates on our case)