green card in 3months in dallas

Please help

I am on H1 & my husband is permanent resident and we live in CHICAGO. Can he apply for the Pilot program for me?

Thanks in advance for help. :confused:

Hi everybody,
haven't posted in a while, and wanted to know if any of you guys had had any good news!

Robsausa: did you receive your GC in the mail, yet? :) Happy youuu!!!
DORAapplicant: I'm SO sorry to hear about what happened, it's rediculous! :( Did you get your temporary AP and/or EAD, at least? Let us know if you have any news...I'm crossing my fingers for you!

I have one question, hope some of you guys can help:
a few days ago I got my NOA for both my I-130 and I-485 and the letter says the Received Date is Sept.8, and the Notice Date is Sept.14...but when I check my case status online, it says they received my application on Sept.14??? So, which one is the received date, the one that's in the letter (Sept.8) or the one that's online (Sept.14)?
Also, when do the 90 days start, from the RD or from the ND??? :confused:

BTW, here's my timeline so far:

Sept. 08, 2005: DORA Interview
Sept. 08, 2005: Received Date
Sept. 14, 2005: Notice Date
Sept. 16, 2005: NOA

Thanks!

chicagolady said:
I am on H1 & my husband is permanent resident and we live in CHICAGO. Can he apply for the Pilot program for me?

Thanks in advance for help. :confused:

Sorry, but if you live in Chicago you can't apply for the DORA Pilot Program, as it is exclusively for the residents of the Dallas area.

Thanks Inlove

Hopefully they bring this kind of rules here too :mad: Or I have long wait.

Well, good luck to all who are waiting for their GC.
Inlove said:
Sorry, but if you live in Chicago you can't apply for the DORA Pilot Program, as it is exclusively for the residents of the Dallas area.

Inlove said:
I have one question, hope some of you guys can help:
a few days ago I got my NOA for both my I-130 and I-485 and the letter says the Received Date is Sept.8, and the Notice Date is Sept.14...but when I check my case status online, it says they received my application on Sept.14??? So, which one is the received date, the one that's in the letter (Sept.8) or the one that's online (Sept.14)?
Also, when do the 90 days start, from the RD or from the ND??? :confused:
online date (14 sept.) refers to the day the national center in missouri received your application from the local office (dallas). the noa date ( 8 sept.) refers to the day the local office received your application, the time of your interview.

i understand that in circumstances as yours (and mine and many others') people get so anxious that they begin to harp on every minute detail. just a modest modicum of advice which i myself struggle to live with: let immigration be immigration. don't let immigration become (control and overwhelm) your life. you file your docs, you do your biometrics, and you wait... until 90 days from the interview. that's it. wait WHILE you live your life, do the SAME set of activities in the SAME way as you did them before. don't spend countless hours online comparing your experiences with others, ramaging newsgroups, hoping to find some piece of information that will alleviate your anxiety. you have nothing to be anxious about YET!!! if you don't get your card within 90 days, you schedule an infopass appointment at 110th day after the interview (even if you don't get the "70th day letter") and get your AP and EAD on the spot. that's it! if your marriage is legititmate, immigration will work out for you, one way or another.

Last edited by a moderator:
My DORA experience

1) Filed my application on June 24th at Dallas Office.
2) My I-130 was already approved before I applied for DORA.
3) I got the I-485 receipt notice on June 30th.
4) Got my fingreprint done on Augt 16th. (This was the earliest date I got)
5) I got the 70th day letter on Sept 1st week
6) Got my EAD and AP today (Sept 20)

Asked the officer who issued the EAD, what's the status of my application. Without looking at the computer she said I did get the 70th day letter because my background check is pending.

So, can this be true?? Do people get the 70th day letter because thier background check is pending.

I am assuming that since my fingreprints were only done on Aug 17th things are getting delayed.

What you guys think about this? Is it worth taking an Infopass appointment after 90 days to enquire about me case?

Thanks.

Hi Inlove,

Yes our green cards arrived in the mail on Saturday, thank you for asking !

I also want to say to everyone the advice offered by anti-climacus is as good as any other given on this board. We would all be wise to heed it as I was also guilty of some of the things he described.

Well said anti-climacus.

I'm new on this board, though I've been reading all the threads a lot.
I applied with DORA a while ago and since then I've done nothing but just sit and wait for time to go by and things to (hopefully) happen.

Anticlimacus, I read your post and I think you are VERY right. What you described is exactly what I've been doing all this time, and even before applying. I spent (and still do) hours and hours online searching for immigration discussions and opinions and, I must say, one of the reason our interview was so smooth and relaxing is because of you guys, because of the forums I've been reading, and because knowing about other people's experiences and suggestions made me feel ready and prepared.
Honestly, I don't know if I would be that ready and prepared without it. Anyhow, we passed, I couldn't be any happier, and now I know that I just have to PATIENTLY sit and wait.
And that's the problem.

Let me tell you, dear Inlove, that I TOTALLY understand you and how you feel.
As I said, I know what Anticlimacus said is absolutely right, but it's not that easy. We're people, we think, we have feelings, and it's not simple at all to sit and wait for things to happen, when you're used to being a REAL person with a REAL life.
Applying through the DORA program means that for an average of 90-whatever days you're nothing. You're not an immigrant and you're not a non-immigrant, you can't have a SS#, you can't drive, you can't apply for EAD nor for AP, therefore you can't work nor leave the country and go visit your family no matter what. I'm sorry, but no matter how hard I try, it's been hard for me to think about ANYTHING else but immigration sh** ever since I applied.
Ok, I'll sit and wait...and do what? My husband is at work everyday and I'm stuck at home alone doing nothing all day. Well, it's easy to go online and read about other people's experiences, as a matter of fact it's the only thing that keeps me going, right now.
You guys are the only people that can understand how it feels to go through these morally devastating AOS applications. And believe me, it's even harder when on the other side of the world you have a family who cares for you and a mom/dad/brother/sister who call you everyday crying because they miss you and want to see you, and you know you're stuck here doing NOTHING for months.
I know that if an emergency arises, you're allowed to ask for AP even though you didn't get the 70th day letter and even though the 90 days are not up (I was told this during the interview), but how true is that? How possible is it to convince the heart-deprived USCIS officers that it's VITAL for you to go back home?
This is what kills me. Knowing that you're considered NOTHING for months, even the simpliest rights as visiting your home country are denied to you, no matter how important it is, and it's not like I could ever think: "Ok, I'll be on vacation for the next 3-whatever months, I'll sleep in in the morning while my husband goes to work everyday, I'll just watch tv for hours relaxing on the couch and I'll just wait for my life to go by"...as appealing as it might sound, believe me, it's not.
I've studied hard and worked all my life, I've always been independent and free to do whatever I wanted and it's not easy for me to have NOTHING to do, day after day, after day, after day...I'm starting to feel like a vegetable, I can't get up in the morning because I know there's nothing to do after I get up, and it's depressing.

Thanks Anticlimacus for your words, I wish I could follow your suggestions and, believe me, I'll try.
But Inlove, I understand you completely, and I'm with you, right now...please, PM me if you want, I'd love to talk to you.
Sorry about this LONG message, just my 2 cents. Good luck guys, and congratulations robsausa!

DORAgirl said:
...and it's not like I could ever think: "Ok, I'll be on vacation for the next 3-whatever months, I'll sleep in in the morning while my husband goes to work everyday, I'll just watch tv for hours relaxing on the couch and I'll just wait for my life to go by"...as appealing as it might sound, believe me, it's not.
I've studied hard and worked all my life, I've always been independent and free to do whatever I wanted and it's not easy for me to have NOTHING to do, day after day, after day, after day...I'm starting to feel like a vegetable, I can't get up in the morning because I know there's nothing to do after I get up, and it's depressing.

Dallas (or whatever city you live in), as well as the wider online web-world, has enough communities, organizations, clubs, associations, and activities where you can take care of your 90 day "vacation" and re-shape your boredom, and perhaps even your self. It all depends on your personal choice of interests, hobbies, and volunteer social work. Google might be a good start to this pursuit. If you seem to have no meaningful choice of interests, hobbies, and volunteer work, daily reading of a local newspaper (e.g. Dallas Morning News) and one or two national newspapers (e.g. NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times) may be helpful to exploring and developing them by connecting yourself to the immediate and distant world surrounding you. Perhaps, this kind of "vacation" will become part of your daily life even after the immigration process.
Best wishes.

DORAgirl said:
I'm new on this board, though I've been reading all the threads a lot.
I applied with DORA a while ago and since then I've done nothing but just sit and wait for time to go by and things to (hopefully) happen.

Anticlimacus, I read your post and I think you are VERY right. What you described is exactly what I've been doing all this time, and even before applying. I spent (and still do) hours and hours online searching for immigration discussions and opinions and, I must say, one of the reason our interview was so smooth and relaxing is because of you guys, because of the forums I've been reading, and because knowing about other people's experiences and suggestions made me feel ready and prepared.
Honestly, I don't know if I would be that ready and prepared without it. Anyhow, we passed, I couldn't be any happier, and now I know that I just have to PATIENTLY sit and wait.
And that's the problem.

Let me tell you, dear Inlove, that I TOTALLY understand you and how you feel.
As I said, I know what Anticlimacus said is absolutely right, but it's not that easy. We're people, we think, we have feelings, and it's not simple at all to sit and wait for things to happen, when you're used to being a REAL person with a REAL life.
Applying through the DORA program means that for an average of 90-whatever days you're nothing. You're not an immigrant and you're not a non-immigrant, you can't have a SS#, you can't drive, you can't apply for EAD nor for AP, therefore you can't work nor leave the country and go visit your family no matter what. I'm sorry, but no matter how hard I try, it's been hard for me to think about ANYTHING else but immigration sh** ever since I applied.
Ok, I'll sit and wait...and do what? My husband is at work everyday and I'm stuck at home alone doing nothing all day. Well, it's easy to go online and read about other people's experiences, as a matter of fact it's the only thing that keeps me going, right now.
You guys are the only people that can understand how it feels to go through these morally devastating AOS applications. And believe me, it's even harder when on the other side of the world you have a family who cares for you and a mom/dad/brother/sister who call you everyday crying because they miss you and want to see you, and you know you're stuck here doing NOTHING for months.
I know that if an emergency arises, you're allowed to ask for AP even though you didn't get the 70th day letter and even though the 90 days are not up (I was told this during the interview), but how true is that? How possible is it to convince the heart-deprived USCIS officers that it's VITAL for you to go back home?
This is what kills me. Knowing that you're considered NOTHING for months, even the simpliest rights as visiting your home country are denied to you, no matter how important it is, and it's not like I could ever think: "Ok, I'll be on vacation for the next 3-whatever months, I'll sleep in in the morning while my husband goes to work everyday, I'll just watch tv for hours relaxing on the couch and I'll just wait for my life to go by"...as appealing as it might sound, believe me, it's not.

Thanks Anticlimacus for your words, I wish I could follow your suggestions and, believe me, I'll try.
But Inlove, I understand you completely, and I'm with you, right now...please, PM me if you want, I'd love to talk to you.
Sorry about this LONG message, just my 2 cents. Good luck guys, and congratulations robsausa!

FYI - You CAN get a driver's license in Dallas without having a SSN. I just got mine last week. You can get one as long as your K 1 Visa OR your I 94 is not expired. Also you can apply for a SSN while in any stage of the AOS process. :p

dallas_gal said:
1) Filed my application on June 24th at Dallas Office.
2) My I-130 was already approved before I applied for DORA.
3) I got the I-485 receipt notice on June 30th.
4) Got my fingreprint done on Augt 16th. (This was the earliest date I got)
5) I got the 70th day letter on Sept 1st week
6) Got my EAD and AP today (Sept 20)

Asked the officer who issued the EAD, what's the status of my application. Without looking at the computer she said I did get the 70th day letter because my background check is pending.

So, can this be true?? Do people get the 70th day letter because thier background check is pending.

I am assuming that since my fingreprints were only done on Aug 17th things are getting delayed.

What you guys think about this? Is it worth taking an Infopass appointment after 90 days to enquire about me case?

Thanks.
Guys... Just want to know if its true that one would only get the 70th day letter because his/her case is pending background check????

Any answers are appreciated.

k1_visa said:
FYI - You CAN get a driver's license in Dallas without having a SSN. I just got mine last week. You can get one as long as your K 1 Visa OR your I 94 is not expired. Also you can apply for a SSN while in any stage of the AOS process. :p

Thank you for the input, k1_visa, I really appreciate it.
But I did try to get a driver's license, and I was told that I can't, and that I have to wait for the AOS process to be completed. I don't have a K visa and they took my I-94 during the interview.
Also, they told me that I have to wait for my GC to show up before applying for the SS#, is that true?

Thank you guys

@ dallas_gal:

I think you're supposed to receive the 70th day letter if your case cannot be completed within 90 days, for ANY reason.
Most times the reason is the pending background check, but it depends. I think it wouldn't hurt to get an Infopass appointment to inquire about your case anyway.
Best wishes

Hi!
I've been reading this thread for quite a while and finally decided to post!
I had my DORA interview on July 18 which went well. They did require me to send in some additional evidence, which I did.
I received the NOA for the I-130 fairly soon afterwards. I waited quite a while for the NOA for the I-485, but it didn't arrive! Obviously I knew nothing was happening with my case as I still needed to get my fingerprints done, so I made an infopass appointment.
So, after driving for 6 hours and waiting for 2 ,we were finally seen and I was told that it should have been sent out, but unfortunately hadn't been! She gave me a letter saying that "unfortunately we are unable to approve your application at this time" along with alot of stuff about background checks. At the bottom of the letter it said I'm not allowed to "submit an inquiry" on the status of my case for at least six months.
She then told me to go and get my fingerprints done that day, which I did.
I was just wondering, is my case still going to be pushed through as quickly as possible or will I have a long wait? I realise that it won't be done within the 90 days due to the hold up, but I'm assuming it'll all just happen a month later than it should have.
Anyone else had this kind of experience?

HG

Alan7 said:
I just talked to another USCIS Rep. and she confirmed that "the I-485 cannot be approved without the I-130 being approved."
What about opposite - I-130 cannot be approved without I-485 being approved ?(given that your spouse is the US citizen, so the visa number is avaliable)

Francois,

Seems like we have a similar situation other than I got a 70th day letter but you haven't.

Did you enquire about your case? I have an Infopass appointment on Oct 3rd. May be they could give some information.

-------------------------------------------
(I-130 was approved before DORA interview)
June 24th - DORA AOS Interview
June 30th - I-485 receipt
Aug 16th - Fingreprint done
I got the 70th day letter on Sept 1st week
Sept 20th - Got my EAD and AP
Current Status - Last updated 08/27/2005 (Nothing about fingreprints)

Hello, Dallas_Gal!

Well, I got the EAD on September 08.

The same day they uodated the Online status saying "the FP were recieved on July 9 and case processing has resumed".

Nothing new.

117th day.

Can somebody check case status online?

Hi,

I try to check the status of my case online through www.uscis.gov website but the system can't find my case number anymore. Yesterday I was able to see the satus of my case... I don't know if somebody else is experiencing the same issue.
Regards

Yes!

Just now I've got in mail Notice of Action on I-130 and I-485. On September 20 I was granted Permanent Residence.

I did not expect it...

114 days. Citizenship - Ukraine.

Good luck to you all. Fortune should bless everyone indiscriminately...

Online status is not updated. Glitches, as usual...