green card in 3months in dallas

I really appreciate it guys. Yes it did take 175 days in my case.. not even close to their "90 days" target. But all in all, I really cannot complain, as I've known people that have been waiting for years going thru the regular route.

I'm not sure if DORA itself is to blame. My money is on the FBI background check. I have a very common Muslim surname, and that might have taken them a while to cross-reference and give clearance to. When I went to talk to an officer in February.. he literally said "Maybe it's something in your NAME" ;)

Eric, you could be going thru the same thing... especially if you find out the "name check" is still pending during your upcoming appointment. But fear not my friend... looking at both our starting dates, your's should be right around the corner!

BTW, Schnecki.. did u get your card in the mail yet?

Re

I am going to be in DFW next month. Does anyone have the address of the DFW processing office? Am I allowed to go down and pick up the proper paper work to get started? Do I need my fiancé a USC to come with me?

dhakaya said:
Eric, you could be going thru the same thing... especially if you find out the "name check" is still pending during your upcoming appointment. But fear not my friend... looking at both our starting dates, your's should be right around the corner!

Hey Dhakya,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope it is around the corner. I am doing my bit to keep my excitment level up. Rest if on FBI or USCIS (whoever the culprit is).

I have an English last name so I am not sure why they would check me so throughly. However, my first name is of a major terrorist on the run...so I get my answer. I do not blame them for doing their homework. Afterall, they are protecting the country. Its just an internal frustration and uncertainity that kills me.

For the record, I do not even have a parking ticket against my name. Hope that is not holding against my clearance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like

Seems to me like the reason they take so long with some cases is based on the fact that you are from a Middle Eastern country or Europe.Looks like the background check is more extensive. We applied for my wife back on February 28,2005 and had her fingerprints done on March 16th. Fingerprint results were received on March 24th.Currently our status is that they have received the results from the fingerprinting and have resumed processing on our case.We'll see how it goes.The only real problem we've had so far is that they did not put my wife's married name on the I-797 form but her maiden name.I tried scheduling an appointment to go in an get the officer to correct it but every option i click on for Infopass sends me to the 8010 North Stemmons office instead of the 3010 where our case is being handled. The only real option is selecting the apply for D.O.R.A pilot program but the closest appointment date available is until June!!!!!! By then she might be approved and will be stuck with her maiden name.

I went to the Dallas office yesterday morning since I had already scheduled an interview. Before I go any further, I would like to mention that there are two types of people working at the Dallas office. There are people who are willing to work beyond expectations to help you out and then there are people who are sick and tired of their own lives and their sole reason for existence is to torture people mentally.

Anyway, I walked up to the window at 6:15 AM and stated my question “Hi, I have a question regarding the status for my application for adjustment of status…..”
Lady rudely interrupted: “Your receipt number sir…”
Eric: “MSC----------
Lady: “Sir, we are waiting on FBI name check and we cannot do anything about it. I cannot give you anymore information than this”
Eric: “But FBI name check take 120 days max according to their press release…..”
Lady rudely interrupted: “I don’t know where you guys get your information from. FBI can take as much time as they want to run name checks. I have even seen them taking 5 years to run inquiry.”

In the meantime, the PA system announced “Now serving number A003...”. I knew it was time for me to take a walk. I looked at the time and it was 6:16 AM and a few seconds.

While walking back, I was thinking that name checks only started after 9/11. Has it been 5 years since then? Also, does USCIS not keep their employees abreast about FBI name check press releases?

Too name questions and no answers. I wish I was at Radio Shack.

Frustrated I wrote a letter to my congressman Kenny Marchant. I was not expecting them to reply but to my surprise, they did and asked me to fill out a few forms so USCIS can release my information to them. I am going to go ahead and fill out the forms; however, I will wait atleast a month before I do that. I want to give USCIS another benefit of doubt since Dhakya’s application was approved 2 days ago and both of us applied around the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric.. sorry to hear about your experience. At least the congressman's office was more receptive to your concerns. I think you'll see something good happen real soon.

Today my online case status changed again to this:

"This case has been approved. On April 21, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

So I'll be checkin out my mail with eager anticipation for the next few days. :)

Dhakaya Congratulation, am still waiting to hear from DORA program, I hope that my approval comes soon, This is six months since i filed with DORA.

Still waiting

I just received my 70th day letter. However I was not disappointed because I guessed that chances of getting this letter for everybody are 95% and that my case should not be an exception. I am scheduled for having work authorization card and advance parole but I decided I will wait untill 90 day period is over.

Congratulations Dhkaya.

thienthanh said:
I just received my 70th day letter. However I was not disappointed because I guessed that chances of getting this letter for everybody are 95% and that my case should not be an exception. I am scheduled for having work authorization card and advance parole but I decided I will wait untill 90 day period is over.

Congratulations Dhkaya.
You are lucky! You got your 70-days letter before 90 days went…

Guess, what happen with me? Me and my husband got these 70-days letters in 194 days since we filed our application through DORA :mad: Since then I have already gotten my EAD, what took me a lot of time and nerves. And now, when I saw 2 letters from Department of Homeland Security in my mailbox, I thought these letters contained decisions about our cases. But it was these stupid 70- days letter.

What a disappointment! The whole process is a mess…

Congratulations, Dhkaya!

thienthanh said:

Congratulations Dhkaya.

Once one has the 70th-day letter on hands, does one get both EAD and AP issued ON THE SPOT at the scheduled appointment?

70th day letter

thienthanh said:

Congratulations Dhkaya.

Hi Thienthanh,

Exactly how many days from your date of application(interview) did you recieved the 70th day letter.
And on this letter , after how many days were you scheduled to go for the EAD and AP interview ?

Thanks a lot

Below is my timeline:

Feb 8, 2005: submitted application and got interviewed
Feb 18: date of letter for a fingerprint schedule. (Of course I got the letter several later).
Feb 23: Fingerprints were taken at a local INS office.
March 2: Online status changed, saying: "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case". (like all yours).
April 19: date of the 70th letter. I got the letter on April 22nd. Dallas office scheduled me an appointment for the application of work authorization card and advance parole on April 27the at their office.

My online status has not changed since March 2.

I am not going to the appointment, though. I will wait and see what will happen. I know the waiting time is unknown but I still hope if any better news comes. Be optimistic guys.

Like Eric and Dhakakya mentioned, if you get the 70th letter with the appoinment date, you can go to the Dallas office and apply for work permit and advance parole and get them on the spot.

slyusw said:
You are lucky! You got your 70-days letter before 90 days went…

Guess, what happen with me? Me and my husband got these 70-days letters in 194 days since we filed our application through DORA :mad: Since then I have already gotten my EAD, what took me a lot of time and nerves. And now, when I saw 2 letters from Department of Homeland Security in my mailbox, I thought these letters contained decisions about our cases. But it was these stupid 70- days letter.

What a disappointment! The whole process is a mess…

Congratulations, Dhkaya!

I have to agree with you that the 70th day letter you got was stupid. How come they could send you such a letter after 194 days had passed.

Hello everyone,

I have a really strange and frustating problem. Any suggestion could be usefull....

I have come to US on K3 visa. As soon as I came here I applied for my EAD. I sent that out to the Chicago(in january this year), but never recieved a reciept from that office. I called the National Service centre and they put me through to an immigration officer and he gave me a reciept number(happened in early febrauary). Apparantly I didnt get the reciept because it was returned from the post office(that is what the case status online says since march 4th). So I had to call them again and check my address (which was fine by the way). They sent out another reciept (on march 8th)and told me to call back after a month( the time it takes for the post to return back to them as undeliverable). I called back after a month( on april 12th) since i still didnt get it. They told me they will send out another one and in the mean time i should go to the local office and get a duplicate reciept. The representative( i suppose a nice lady) also put me throught to an immigration officer since it was already 90 days since i applied and i hadn't gotten even a reciept. He told me that my EAD had been approved on the march 28th. But (unfortunately) the line got cut before i could find out what was the next procedure, so I could get the EAD. Today morning when i went into the local office, the lady at the counter told me that since the application has already been approved, they cannot give me a duplicate reciept. But the processing for EAD also involves a fingerprinting. So I need to book an appointment with the NSC for finger printing, only after that is done will my EAD be sent out to me. So I again call NSC to book an appointment for finger printing, but they refused to do so, since I dont have a reciept notice with me. I have been checking with the post office, who say they havent returned any such mail.

So what do I do now, other than wait for the reciept( which probably is not going to reach me). Is there any other way to get the EAD, which already is granted?

Also, I applied through the DORA for 485 on the 14th february( I came to know of this program late). When I asked the officer today, she told me that my 485 case is approvable, but not yet approved. She also said something about that the finger prints have been verified, the name check is also done/cleared. So what is the next in processing for this application?

Finally got the Green Card by mail yesterday.. resident since 4/15/05 :) !

It was mailed from Lees Summit, MO in a "no name" envelope... kinda like when you get credit cards. As soon as I felt something solid inside.. I knew right away what it was :D

I'll be rooting for all the peeps that have not gotten it yet!

dhakaya said:
Finally got the Green Card by mail yesterday.. resident since 4/15/05 :) !

It was mailed from Lees Summit, MO in a "no name" envelope... kinda like when you get credit cards. As soon as I felt something solid inside.. I knew right away what it was :D

I'll be rooting for all the peeps that have not gotten it yet!
Thanks Dhakaya and congratulations!

Also, thanks for letting me know that the card comes in a no name envelope. Usually, I shread those uninvited credit card applications which never seem to stop coming :)

I'll be careful now.

Application Approved

Folks I am very impressed by the DORA process. My status changed today to
"On April 27, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

My understanding is that it is taking about 7 days from this message to actually receiving the card. Is that a true assumption ? Can any glitches be expected ?

I must say that despite the DORA interview being a little unnerving the process really rocks.

Best of luck to all

Cheers,

Muni

Birth Place: India, Citizenship: Canada.

MY timeline is as follows
Dora Interview 02/22/05
FP Interview 02/28/05
FP Received 03/17/05
Approved 04/27/05.

Total : 75 days.

If your timeline is correct, it actually took 64 days, not 75, to get your AOS approval. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

muni2773 said:
Birth Place: India, Citizenship: Canada.

MY timeline is as follows
Dora Interview 02/22/05
FP Interview 02/28/05
FP Received 03/17/05
Approved 04/27/05.

Total : 75 days.

ur right ... was too excited to do the math :) kudos to the dora process. I am totally surprised after the disappointments faced by folks on this board.

muni2773 said:
ur right ... was too excited to do the math :) kudos to the dora process. I am totally surprised after the disappointments faced by folks on this board.

Congratulations Muni. I think I can safely say now that people from Middle Eastern countries are being scrutnized more than others. It does not make any sense that someone who filed in Feburary gets their card earlier than the ones who filed in lte 2004. Also, like Romit mentioned that the FBI lady told him that they are processing December's name check request right now seems to be bull crap. How can they approve someone in February if they are processing December?

Anyway, I am happy that atleast this process is working. I will call the FBI today and see what response I get. That way we can double check if the information provided to Romit and me match up or not.

Once again...congratulations Muni

Thanks

Eric