Green card holder:Sponsorship to parens and siblings

forex_dealer

Registered Users (C)
I am green card holder (applied for condition removal in october) and was thinking of sponsoring for my parent's permanent residence.My parents are currently in the US,I was also thinking of sponsoring my sister and brother,who are also currently in the US.
Question,do I have to get my citizenship first or can I just go ahead and file their I-130 being a permanent resident?
Which one of the processes is faster?Should I wait to become a US citizen and then apply for them or should I apply now and not waste the time?
Also,I heard that application for siblings usually takes a long time,but considering that my brother and sister are currently in the US,do you think it will be a quicker process?What would the time frame be like?
Please advise,thank you!

You have to be a US citizen to sponsor your parents or siblings. Once you're a citizen, your parents can apply as your immediate relatives. Your sibilings will have to wait many years until after you're a citizen and it might actually be faster if your parents petition for them once they are permanent residents, or even better, if they can qualify on their own. It will make no difference where they are because they have to wait for their priority date to become current. Good luck!

You have to be a US citizen to sponsor your parents or siblings. Once you're a citizen, your parents can apply as your immediate relatives. Your sibilings will have to wait many years until after you're a citizen and it might actually be faster if your parents petition for them once they are permanent residents, or even better, if they can qualify on their own. It will make no difference where they are because they have to wait for their priority date to become current. Good luck!

I am a little confused as I have been told that I could sponsor my parents while I am a permanent resident,that is why I wanted to get more opinions.Is that for sure?Are there any references on USCIS web site?
thank you.

Here is all the FB categories(except IR of citizen) on visa bulletin page.
FB2A/B is for GC holders and there is no parents and siblings included.

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent
Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

As a LPR you may only sponsor your spouse and children.

I am a little confused as I have been told that I could sponsor my parents while I am a permanent resident,that is why I wanted to get more opinions.Is that for sure?Are there any references on USCIS web site?
thank you.

Could I file their I-130 forms perhaps?I've read it somewhere,what do you think?
So there is no benefit to my family whatsoever?

Could I file their I-130 forms perhaps? I've read it somewhere,what do you think?

Only if you want USCIS to cash the check and then reject the case. Your parents and siblings do not qualify for a GC until you become a citizen, and as a Permanent Resident you cannot file an I-130 for them since it is not approvable when filed.

You might as well file an I-130 for your cat, or for a dead person.