Green Card guy wants to marry H1B girl - visa situation messed-up?

outletvolt1

Registered Users (C)
I am sure this is a very common question but I can't find a good answer.

I understand that I being on a GC decide to marry H1B girl, she won't get GC immediately (like it takes 5-6 years). Can she at least get an EAD to work for any employer anywhere in the US?

Much appreciate your response.

OV

Nope., Marrying someone does not immediately confer any immigration benefits. In most cases only the ability to apply for such benefits, in this case neither one applies. No EAD.

Not only can't she work here, she can also not stay in the US based on being married to you (no status).

A GC holder marrying a H1 does not in any way help her chances. She will have to stay in the US only on her H1: else she will have to leave the country. No question of EAD either. Please explore the option of her employer's willingness to process her GC.

I am sure this is a very common question but I can't find a good answer.

I understand that I being on a GC decide to marry H1B girl, she won't get GC immediately (like it takes 5-6 years). Can she at least get an EAD to work for any employer anywhere in the US?

Much appreciate your response.

OV

I was in the same boat......

Let her continue on H1B as its safe for 6 years. Once you get your citizenship you will be able to apply AOS for her immediately and it will take 6 to 8 months from there on.

thanks