Green Card for my Mom and younger sister

jasamja1884

I've recently became US Citizen! :D (thank you!)
I want my mom and younger sister to come here.
My sister is 16.
When I apply for my mom she will be cat I
But, if I applu for my sister she will be category IV, and you all know how long it takes for cat IV to get GC.

Is there a way for my mom and my sister to get their GCs at the same time?
Do I have to wait for my mom to get GC so she can apply for my sis?

Let me know your thoughts
thanks!

jj

Is there a way for my mom and my sister to get their GCs at the same time?

No.

Do I have to wait for my mom to get GC so she can apply for my sis?

You could file the I-130 for your sister so she could get an earlier PD that could also survive her marriage, but she's not getting a GC any time soon. There are numerous threads on this. IR sponsorship for parents with minor children isn't very practical.

@TheRealCanadian thanks for the reply

but wouldn't it be faster to apply for my mom? (approx 1 yr wait time)
and they she applies for my sister.
both would be in Cat I.
faster than cat 4

but wouldn't it be faster to apply for my mom? (approx 1 yr wait time) and they she applies for my sister. both would be in Cat I.

Your mother is an Immediate Relative. If she applies for your sister your sister would be FB2.

Probably the best thing to do would be to file an FB4 I-130 for your sister, and wait. Once the FB2B priority date is about to reach your sister's priority date, file an Immediate Relative I-130 for your mother. Once she gets the GC she files an FB2B I-130 for your sister, claiming the earlier priority date.

Children Who Are About To Reach 21 Years Of Age

Appointment NVC Processing

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Important Information

If the applicant has children who intend to immigrate with the applicant to the United States, or to join the applicant in the United States at a later date, please read this important information. In order to immigrate with the applicant to the United States, or to follow the applicant at a later date, the applicant's children must be:

Unmarried
Eligible to be listed under the applicant's visa classification, and
Under the age of 21 at the time they enter the United States
Note: Children of mothers, fathers or spouses of United States citizens, must have separate immigrant visa petitions filed on their behalf.

Children who will turn 21 within 60 days

If any of the applicant’s children will turn 21 within 60 days, please contact the National Visa Center immediately.

Note : If visas will be available in the applicant’s category prior to the applicant’s son or daughter’s birthday, we will expedite processing of the applicant’s case in order to ensure that the applicant’s son or daughter will be able to immigrate with the applicant. Unfortunately, we cannot assist the applicant if visas are not available in the applicant’s category prior to the applicant’s son or daughter’s birthday.

Failure to notify NVC

Failure to notify NVC that the applicant have a child who will turn 21 could result in that child being above the legal age at the time the applicant’s visa is issued. In that event, the applicant will be required to file a separate petition for the applicant’s child after the applicant immigrate, and the applicant’s son or daughter will face a waiting period before he or she will be eligible for visa processing.

What's your point? This has no relevance to the case, since there are no derivative beneficiaries for Immediate Relatives.

Reply to TheRealCanadian

Like I said on other post MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.I just give to the people information which I have.It's on them to take or not.NOT YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said on other post MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.I just give to the people information which I have.It's on them to take or not.NOT YOU.

And it's up to me to point out that your information has no relevance to their case, and that it's incredibly dangerous to pay attention to it.

If you want to add value by posting accurate and relevant information, go ahead. Copying & pasting stuff about derivative beneficiaries in an IR case is neither accurate nor relevant.

WOW you are so smart,you can see what will help to other people and what won't help.Didn't I said before MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS OR GET A FREAKIN REAL JOB.

WOW you are so smart,you can see what will help to other people and what won't help.Didn't I said before MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS OR GET A FREAKIN REAL JOB.

Yeah..you really need a time out. You are not helping people here. The information you gave won't help them and if they did follow your advice, it will be a waste of time and $$$ for the op.

If someone is trying to help others in the right earnest, then others can be objective and not sentimental with relative or self centered objectives.
Let the final recipient decide what is useful as the end result of discussion.
What's the point in starting childish argument over self righteousness in the middle of information assimilation process. Let's focus on the end result and drop the useless arguments. Irrelevant information is an objective assessment. If provider feels the information is relevant then s/he should point how it is and move on.

you may not have noticed but whoever is posting useless info is arguing with moderators, whose job is to weed out useless flood.