Green Card - Citizenship Question

RB35

Registered Users (C)
Guys is there a problem in getting a US Citizenship if you didn't stay with the sponsoring company for Six months after receiving a Green Card? Eventhough you work for the same company for 6 plus years under H1-B? I just received a cannot pass offer from a new company and my Green Card is only 3 months old.

Any suggesstion is greatly appreciated.

Guys is there a problem in getting a US Citizenship if you didn't stay with the sponsoring company for Six months after receiving a Green Card?
---------------------many lawyers say stay for 6 months after getting GC OR get Fired
Eventhough you work for the same company for 6 plus years under H1-B?
-----work on H1 is not counted
I just received a cannot pass offer from a new company and my Green Card is only 3 months old.

Any suggesstion is greatly appreciated.

-----------------

Thank You

-----------------

Thank you for your help. I consulted three immigration Attorneys and the answer from all three was that as long as you have receipt of I-485 pending for over 180 days and the proof of employeement with the same company for that period than that is all matters plus no one now can take your greencard away unless there is a criminal record or involvement in Terrorists organization. They say I am safe that way.

Hope that is the case. Coz i have already accepted the the new Job.

but thank you so much for your suggestion

If you have your GC in hand, you can move to any job in the same day or just sit at home without any if you want.

Thank You

If you have your GC in hand, you can move to any job in the same day or just sit at home without any if you want.

Thank you very much. Yes I do have my Green card on hand. Also I did consult three different attorney from NY, Tennesee and Texas. They all said as long as you keep your Offer letter with you and your I-485 been pending for over 180 days when you received your Green Card, you have nothing to worry about. Most Lawyers say to stay Six months but there is no requirements.

Thank You

Most Lawyers say to stay Six months but there is no requirements.

Yes, there is no REQUIREMENT. The recommended six month period is to prove your intent that you intend to take up the job after the GC approval.

But now with the AC21 rule, the recommended six months seems to not matter much.

Thank you very much. Yes I do have my Green card on hand. Also I did consult three different attorney from NY, Tennesee and Texas. They all said as long as you keep your Offer letter with you and your I-485 been pending for over 180 days when you received your Green Card, you have nothing to worry about. Most Lawyers say to stay Six months but there is no requirements.

Thank You

Hi rb35,

Which offer letter are you talking about?
Offer letter from the new employer OR offer letter from the old employer?

Also you mentioned about the proof of employeement with the same company for that period.
What proof are you planning to keep? pay stubs from start date till termination date? or offer letter is enough?

Proof

Hi rb35,

Which offer letter are you talking about?
Offer letter from the new employer OR offer letter from the old employer?

Also you mentioned about the proof of employeement with the same company for that period.
What proof are you planning to keep? pay stubs from start date till termination date? or offer letter is enough?

Proof will be the tax returns for six years with the old company and current paystub until you left. Plus the offer letter from new company you joined.

Good question,

What happens for people who uses AC21.. Do they really go back to the company who has filed their GC ?

During Citizenship filing do they ask your employement history with the employer who sponsored your GC ?

Again , I m Far Far Far way from all these blessings. but these just questions came from my lay person's mind.