Got the green card!!

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
I got the green card today. 2 days after the notice that they had mailed the it(Bless the U.s Postal service, only in America 37cents can deliver mail across the country in 2 days).

The card date is backdated correctly to Dec 09, 2004. I guess I got approved on Dec 9th(last friday) but never got an email approval and I never checked my status during that time.

I am the happiest person in the world right now. So excited that I can't barely tell you..I feel as if heavy burden lifted from the top of my head..It was tough explaining the ass realtives who benefited with amnesties & no backlog back in early 1980s & 1990's...all my F&*C&&*NG realtives who acted as If I was a criminal and thats why I wasnt being adjusted...Ofcourse ppl who became citizens 10-15 years ago do not know what we all go through now.

This forum has been great support for me. I admit its tough visiting this forum if your application is still pending. You feel very helpless when a later date gets approval. I feel for all the 1999 cases & 2000 cases, especially Gino, Lazer and all. I am praying that you get yours ASAP so that you can put this behind you. Believe me, this is a big thing to put behind..after caps & RFE's and RFI's and multiple BIO's etc...I never thought I would live to see the day I would get a GC. I thought I would've lost hope and moved across the border.

I will try my best to help everyone as always and I do NOT plan to stop moderating or visiting this board. My routine as always is in the morning will remain the same, check email, check this board and then move on...coming back 4-5 times per day to check whats up on this board. I actually have had lunch with all of your crazy messages...most of the rainy days.

I am going to enjoy my weekend and If Washington Redskins beat the Dallas Cowboys, this will be a weekend I willl never forget in my life!!!

GOTMYGCNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wantmygcnow said:
I got the green card today. 2 days after the notice that they had mailed the it(Bless the U.s Postal service, only in America 37cents can deliver mail across the country in 2 days).

The card date is backdated correctly to Dec 09, 2004. I guess I got approved on Dec 9th(last friday) but never got an email approval and I never checked my status during that time.

I am the happiest person in the world right now. So excited that I can't barely tell you..I feel as if heavy burden lifted from the top of my head..It was tough explaining the ass realtives who benefited with amnesties & no backlog back in early 1980s & 1990's...all my F&*C&&*NG realtives who acted as If I was a criminal and thats why I wasnt being adjusted...Ofcourse ppl who became citizens 10-15 years ago do not know what we all go through now.

This forum has been great support for me. I admit its tough visiting this forum if your application is still pending. You feel very helpless when a later date gets approval. I feel for all the 1999 cases & 2000 cases, especially Gino, Lazer and all. I am praying that you get yours ASAP so that you can put this behind you. Believe me, this is a big thing to put behind..after caps & RFE's and RFI's and multiple BIO's etc...I never thought I would live to see the day I would get a GC. I thought I would've lost hope and moved across the border.

I will try my best to help everyone as always and I do NOT plan to stop moderating or visiting this board. My routine as always is in the morning will remain the same, check email, check this board and then move on...coming back 4-5 times per day to check whats up on this board. I actually have had lunch with all of your crazy messages...most of the rainy days.

I am going to enjoy my weekend and If Washington Redskins beat the Dallas Cowboys, this will be a weekend I willl never forget in my life!!!

Dear Want:

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom.

I am still waiting hourly. Gold less us, poor souls.

"Bless the U.s Postal service, only in America 37cents can deliver mail across the country in 2 days."
We really wish BCIS could be at least as 50% as efficient as US postal service! Congratulations.

Want,

You are jumping from one extreme to another - The approval process for you took very long time but receiving the actual care is almost instantaneous !

You really have served this forum very well and we all benefit from that. I am happy to know you are not leaving us... BTW, if you do decide to leave us, please then take another task - to serve as moderator for the Citizenship forum .

wantmygcnow said:

Congrats wantmycnow, you really earned it. I am so happy for you!!!!

wantmygcnow said:

Want! you are my man... Once again hearty congratulations and pray for us also...
I have a desire to meet with you someday... :)
*~By the way*~ I use to live in Dallas recently and you can guess with which team I have my sympathies... :p

Thanks Shamshon. Lazer, too bad I switched my positions, I was in Dallas every month for a week, in arlington. Loved the weather ..thank god no more travels for me.

You get your GC and we will party.

congrats. thats a wonderful news.
now change your nic to wantmypassport

by the way where is the party.

:)

Invitation Offer !!!

wantmygcnow said:
Thanks Shamshon. Lazer, too bad I switched my positions, I was in Dallas every month for a week, in arlington. Loved the weather ..thank god no more travels for me.

You get your GC and we will party.

I didn't know u were at Arlington. Yes I live in this city for the last 15 yrs. Want, next time ur here please let me know. You & your wife are welcome at my place anytime. It will be my pleasure to meet with you my brother in face to face.
Atique.

How About Them Boys !!!

Lazerthegreat said:
Want! you are my man... Once again hearty congratulations and pray for us also...
I have a desire to meet with you someday... :)
*~By the way*~ I use to live in Dallas recently and you can guess with which team I have my sympathies... :p

HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS. You r my man Lazer.
Atique.

atique rahman said:
I didn't know u were at Arlington. Yes I live in this city for the last 15 yrs. Want, next time ur here please let me know. You & your wife are welcome at my place anytime. It will be my pleasure to meet with you my brother in face to face.
Atique.

ATique, I may be in arlington, TX end of January. How far are you from Siemens across the Ball Park?

Oh MAAAAN

That is just fabulous!

OK, so I selfishly did not visit this forum since I got approved (had some serious family issues too) and then today I was like: "Damn, I bet someone I like got approved meanwhile"

I really truly do know how you feel. And you know what, it only gets better. I am only beginning to realize in what all ways I was paralized mentally because of not having the GC. I really am starting to look at my life differently. I hope the same happens to you.

And I really hope Lazer and allt he others get theirs too, very very soon.

Big hearty congrats again!!!

EJ :D

Not far at all !!!

wantmygcnow said:
ATique, I may be in arlington, TX end of January. How far are you from Siemens across the Ball Park?

Want, Ball Park is in North Arlington & I live in South Arlington but distance is only 12/13 miles which is simply nothing. Please feel free to let me know your exact plan. Me & my wife will pick you from where ever you say. DFW airport is also not that far from my house either. As you were in Arlington several times u know bro it's not that of a really big city. So please let me know. As I said it would be my pleasure to meet you in person. Looking forward to see u in Arlington.
Atique.

finaly the dream came true.

Mes Felicitations want!

you deserve it big time brother.
i am very happy for you my man !