Got My I485 Receipt Notice - Applied on July 2 nd

work before EAD card is received

Hi,
I am a july 21 filer and received I-485 notices on Sept 26. I am required to join my job on Oct 8 and i want to use the EAD for that.
My question is, if i see the status is "card ordered" before Oct 8, then can i call USCIS to get the EAD number for joining the job. OR does the employer need to be shown the EAD card before joining.

It looks like it is taking 1 week from notice date to see the status change to "Card Ordered" and another 7-10 days or more to get the card.

thanks,

deba_sinh,
The online status on the USCIS website shows that the case has been approved for travel document and the approval notice has been sent. I have not received it yet though. I am waiting.

lsgv1,
You need to have physical EAD in hand before joining new employer

Filed my 485,EAD,AP on Jul 17th.My checks were cashed on Sept 21st.Recieved my notices on 22nd(My lawyer got them).Did not recive FP notice..no EAD..Online status is still Case pending.Is this normal ?

My attorney received the receipts for I485,EAD and Advanced Parole. My attorney also forwarded me a scanned copy of the receipts. So far i have not received any hard copy of the receipts. My attorney is saying that i will also get a original receipt notice from USCIS. Is that true? If so, how should i request USCIS to re-send the receipt notices to me?
Regards
Mav

Received my original receipts today. USCIS received date is 7/20 and notice date is 9/17 for I-485, I-765 and I-131. So far EAD cards have been received, AP has been approved but not received and I-485 has been transferred to TSC. However, I-485 receipt has been issued from CA. Not sure why.
I have a question for all, where does the AP approval gets mailed? To the attorney or self? Thanks

AP is mailed to the Attorney

AP is mailed to the attorney, if you hired one. However, if you signed up for USCIS online case status, you will not only see an LUD on your I-131 but you will receive an e-mail once the AP is approved even before it reaches your attorney.

Hope this answers your question. - IE

got all six receipt numbers

hi all,

august 4, packet received by uscis...today my atto. have send me an email with all six SRC number for me and my wife...

I'm an august 2 filer, still nothing though. Their update website shows beyond my date, which kind of worries me.

USCIS really needs to catch up with the century, and automate everything leading up to decision points.

July 2nd filer - Receipt Notice not received yet

I am extremely worried. Our AOS package was received on July 2nd (Nebraska). So far we have not received anything (not even receipt notice). Gurus kindly advise what can action can we do in this situation.

485 Receipt not yet received -July 18th Filer

HI ,

My case is same as yours . I filed for my 485 on July18th but have not received receipt notice yet. Did you called up customer service after 90 days ? If yes,Please let me know what they said. Did they specified any specific time window of issuing receipt notice after 90 day window is over ?

I highly appreciate your response. I am very worried.

Hi, The number i called is 1800-375-5283. i tried after the successful attempt i could able to get IO to find about 485 receipt notice.Customer service rep ask me to wait for 90 days before you can check for receipt notices from the date we file for june/july/aug filings.so i will be calling them on oct 7th if dont get my receipt notices by then.i will update.

Data not entered yet

I called the 1-800 number. The officer checked my data entry using DOB and name, he couldnot find anything. Also, in my case the attorney had used a corporate check to make the payments, so even the check cant be traced. The officer said the only way now is to follow up with the attorney (which is frankly quite useless).

July18th Filer-What's a nexy step ?

BP09:

I appreciate your quick response. Any information you got from the attorney? What's a next step ? Is there any other way you are using to check the status? Are you planning to call customer service number again if you don't get any information from the attorney.

Please let me know if you get any information through any source about your case. I am in the same boat as you. I am not able to get any information from my attorney.

Looking forward for your reply.

We filed on Aug 7th. Got our receipts last month. My EAD got approved yesterday. We received our FP notices also yesterday. I think because of huge number of applications on July 2nd everything is getting delayed for people who filed on that date. Hope things will be cleared soon.

Hi Guys

One of my friend got this message like for his EAD only.

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.

On October 11, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, please contact customer service.

Can you guys tell me what does it mean, he is too worried.

Regards
satish