Got My I485 Receipt Notice - Applied on July 2 nd

I just got the recipts from my attorney yesterday .. I filed in Nebraska on July 2nd - and they transfered it to California . I guess Nebraska is doing lot of transfer to california .. probably thats why the delay . But Today I recieved another mail saying california transfered back to Nebraska only I485 after approving EAD and AP ..
Don't worry guys I was also frustrated for last 2-3 weeks .. but if urs are from Nebraska too probably the delay is because of this "transfer mess"

I just got the recipts from my attorney yesterday .. I filed in Nebraska on July 2nd - and they transfered it to California . I guess Nebraska is doing lot of transfer to california .. probably thats why the delay . But Today I recieved another mail saying california transfered back to Nebraska only I485 after approving EAD and AP ..
Don't worry guys I was also frustrated for last 2-3 weeks .. but if urs are from Nebraska too probably the delay is because of this "transfer mess"

Thanks for the post Caterpiller.. this info helps, because I'm sure everyone (including me) who were the earliest to file and still have not received receipts have been worrying that their packets have been lost. Especially since the info on the USCIS Application and Receipting Update is so misleading http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ace7ec20cfbd4110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD
According to that they have finished sending out receipts for all cases files before 7/29/07.

Yes I agree ..
I think since Nebraska and Texas both are overwelmed . So nebraska sent the earlier batch(Early july filiers) to California . CA is entrying the data .. approving EAD and AP as those can be done immediately and then transferring back to Nebraska for all I-485s (if PD is not current) saying "This case falls under jurisdiction of Nebraska SC" .
Sounds logical right? But little more information from USCIS won't hurt rather telling us donot complain before 90 days.

I sent my application to NSC reached on July 3rd. I got my receipts today . guess what my receipt numbes start with LIN. I dont understand the delay as my application did not get transferred anywwhere even though my I-140 is approved from TSC and I live in TX. My application is still at NSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I live in TX too, and here's what happened to me. I applied to NSC on July 2nd (atleast according to my attorney). Still waiting for recipts. Meanwhile today I received fingerprinting letter and appt. I found the receipt # from the biometrics notice. It starts with SRC. I checked online and it says case is now under jurisdiction of TSC. btw, anybody know how to interpret the #s in the notice. I mean SRCxxxxxxxxxxx etc.? Is there any way to tell the the receipt date from this #?

btw, anybody know how to interpret the #s in the notice. I mean SRCxxxxxxxxxxx etc.? Is there any way to tell the the receipt date from this #?

Do you mean knowing the status of your case using receipt #?
If so, you can use the case status option that is available online at www.uscis.gov to know where you case stands. (there is a link on the first page of the website for case-status.) Btw, I read on some other website that uscis website may be down today (tomorrow??) for maintenance.

Good luck.

Got My I485 Receipt Notice - Applied on July 2 nd

I was July 2nd filer. Got my and wife's EAD card in mail. id not receive any notice thought USCIS says had sent u mail on 10th sept, that u r approved for EAD. Still waiting for my daughter's EAD card who is 17 years old. Applied all 3 together. Got my receipt# SRCxxxxxxxxx and A# xxx-xxx-xxx on the letter on which EAD card was attached. I have a question where to check for status for A#. If you have any links please sent it to me. Your help wil be hioghly appreciated.
PD: july 13th 2003

I Filed my I-485 application at NSC on july 6th.i have been waiting since then.No receipt notices yet.i called the USCIS twice to talk to Immigration officer got connected 3rd time to Immigration Officer.I got the receipt numbers for AP and EAD but no info on I-485 the officer told it should be there and told u will receive your receipts by the end of this month. the receipt date on Ap is 08/26/07 and EAD is 07/31/07.

Last edited by a moderator:
need info

I Filed my I-485 application at NSC on july 6th.i have been waiting since then.No receipt notices yet.i called the USCIS twice to talk to Immigration officer got connected 3rd time to Immigration Officer.I got the receipt numbers for AP and EAD but no info on I-485 the officer told it should be there and told u will receive your receipts by the end of this month. the receipt date on Ap is 08/26/07 and EAD is 07/31/07.

HI!
i apply for I485 and I40 on aug 13th
i have not received any information about my case should i call NSC and ask enquired them about my EAD and I485 or just sit and wait for receipt

please provide any info and telephone number also
thanks

HI!
i have not received any information about my case should i call NSC and ask enquired them about my EAD and I485 or just sit and wait for receipt

thanks
August 13th??!!??. 100s of thousands have been waiting from July. All the hullabloo about frontlogs, delays.....do us a favor and spend some time in the immigration related websites to be more informed.

July 3rd filer received receipt today

I got the receipt in my mail box today.
FYI.

Received

To the person that is asking about AUGUST 13 - you gotta wait at least one more month, or 5 weeks... They are doing first week of July right now.

I am July 2nd. I got my noticed on Tue. Sept 11th - Two days later, Sept 13th I got notice of EAD approved, and one day later, Sept 14th I got an email saying my EAD card had been sent.
That same day, Sept 14th (three days after EAD approved) I got a notice in the mail for biometrics, code 3, scheduled for Sept 28th...

They are working hard trying to receive all these apps, working on your EADs and APs and trying to do a good job. Let's cut them some slack - they don't get paid that well and have a CRAZY volume of applications to deal with.

I believe that they are purposedly delaying the visa dates for Oct so that they can concentrate on APs, EADs and receipt notices, and they will move them forward in the oncoming months. Maybe just wishful thinking, but also being realistic.

Folks, you all will receive notices soon. Just relax. Myself a July 2nd filer at NSC. Received notice on fri 9/14 from TSC. Receipts are dated 9/10, but RD on notice is still July 2nd. I am in Texas.

Received notices for 485, EAD & AP

Hi,
I filed on July 2nd and rec'd notices today. Received date is July 2nd and Notice is dated Sept 7th and all notices start with LIN.
No word on fingerprinting...yet.

Rude reply by Dallasdoc

HI!

thanks

HI dallasdoc!
thanks but no thanks for your rude reply
I just wanted to have a update from Isanakam.
and ordinaria replied with a detail answer
thanks to you ordinaria!