"Good news"

This is just a wild guess but if they've picked up on the fact that nemessis and his wife are living in different cities, it seems like they could be wanting to make sure that the marriage is valid...?

Or, it could be something entirely unrelated -- maybe they've had problems with your employer (a university I believe?) in the past? Maybe they're scrutinizing educational institutions more than other employers lately?

Any idea how long Philly is taking to get to transferred cases these days?

ETA

I talked to the Hartford INS yesterday as you all know that my case was transferred to Hartford on 11/23. My case is also very clear, only thing is that I do not have birth certificate, but followed all the instructions (2 affidafits from parents, local office saying no b'certificate etc). Only thing is that I moved from NY to CT. The immigration officer in hartford said there is no reason for transfer with change of address. Do not know what the reason couldbe. But what I learnt in these 2 weeks is that nothing will happen if I am sad or angry. I did not go home in 3 years and do not know how long I need to wait to go home. Only thing I can do is go to local INS every month.

Nemessis, also make sure that your case came there in Phily. Take an apt in 2 weeks and go and find out.

nemessis said:
My current address is still in Philly, my wife's address is in Boston

If you both have 2 different addresses, and/or 2 different last names and/or added the wife name after you filed ur 485, they may wanted to verify validity of your marriage and relationship.

One of my friends case is transfered and asked for the proof of joint account, joint filings, any other joint statements(Like bills of Phone, Electricity, leasing agreement etc.) etc..

I don't know, if you fall in any of the above categories or not. But I think almost all the cases(Atleast I know 3-4 cases) transfered to local office were approved without any problem.

Don't worry just because it is transfered to local office. You will get your GC.

Best of luck......

Last edited by a moderator:
Around 10-15 of my friends purchased a new homes and moved from their apartment ( same city and area ). All of them got approved w/o any RFE, transfer. To me if you move across the state ( at least you need to flight to go from one place to other ), USCIS may transfer your case.

My career was somehow on hold for the last 3-4 years (since the Gc process), and it's impossible to continue like that ...

karns said:
Nemesis, you are saying so probably because interview scheduling in Philly takkes a loooong time. But I mean if things otherwise are not pushing you why to abandon the process altogether since you have already waited for so long now.

My FP was also done in mid October and ND is 7/15/2003. No news yet

pibo,

you probably should consider moving back to New York... Hartford sucks big time... :mad:

Nemesis,

I know it's frustrating, but just hang in there buddy! Hope something good comes out of it.

About Europe, UK is not a bad option, but not sure about salary levels though. Don't even think about Germany, it's good there if you have a friends circle, otherwise as someone said earlier, language is a big problem there, most people don't know/speak English, only the youngsters know but don't speak, they are very proud of their language and don't give a damn about english.

Whatever you do, don't do it in hurry, sleep over it. Appreciate all your good deeds in the forum, trust me it won't go wasted.

Joyd

That's what I was thinking about ... that's the only reason I see now, they believe we are divorced ... what can you send them to prove that your marriage is still OK? Anyway too late now ...

In Philly takes a t least 15 mo ...

ETA-GC said:
This is just a wild guess but if they've picked up on the fact that nemessis and his wife are living in different cities, it seems like they could be wanting to make sure that the marriage is valid...?

Or, it could be something entirely unrelated -- maybe they've had problems with your employer (a university I believe?) in the past? Maybe they're scrutinizing educational institutions more than other employers lately?

Any idea how long Philly is taking to get to transferred cases these days?

ETA

ETA-GC said:

ETA
My employer is University of Pennsylvania (the hospital actually) ... I don't think they had problems with it ....

Thanks

nemessis said:
My current address is still in Philly, my wife's address is in Boston

Thanks for the reply.

Even my career is on hold for the past three years and doesn't look like its going to ease anytime soon.

I'm the primary applicant, my wife's is doctor also ... her new work place ... Harvard ... I hoped I can move there also after my approval ... looks like isn't working as planned ...

Deepesh7373 said:
Nemessis,
If you are the primary applicant and move with in the same city, then I do not think they xfer your case. However, if you spouse has moved and address is updated with USCIS then there could be a possibility of xfer. But then again it(xfer) applies only to your spouse.The reason I am telling this is because few of my friends have moved, yet they did not get any RFE/xfer, straight approval.

I have seen people in this forum getting green card after 14 years since they arrived in this country. It is never late. 1 year will pass by quickly. Till then engage yourself in something you would like to do after green card. Best of luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was married with my wife before I came here, same name, .... nothing changed ...

I am not worried abt the approval, but the timing of the approval ... I definitively cannot wait 2 more years

sree1965 said:
If you both have 2 different addresses, and/or 2 different last names and/or added the wife name after you filed ur 485, they may wanted to verify validity of your marriage and relationship.

One of my friends case is transfered and asked for the proof of joint account, joint filings, any other joint statements(Like bills of Phone, Electricity, leasing agreement etc.) etc..

I don't know, if you fall in any of the above categories or not. But I think almost all the cases(Atleast I know 3-4 cases) transfered to local office were approved without any problem.

Don't worry just because it is transfered to local office. You will get your GC.

Best of luck......

Thanks a lot joyd,

Actually I was thinking France, Belgium and Ireland ...

joyd said:
Nemesis,

I know it's frustrating, but just hang in there buddy! Hope something good comes out of it.

About Europe, UK is not a bad option, but not sure about salary levels though. Don't even think about Germany, it's good there if you have a friends circle, otherwise as someone said earlier, language is a big problem there, most people don't know/speak English, only the youngsters know but don't speak, they are very proud of their language and don't give a damn about english.

Whatever you do, don't do it in hurry, sleep over it. Appreciate all your good deeds in the forum, trust me it won't go wasted.

Joyd

nemessis said:
I'm the primary applicant, my wife's is doctor also ... her new work place ... Harvard ... I hoped I can move there also after my approval ... looks like isn't working as planned ...

Assuming you get a job offer there (as an MD), you could always use AC-21, no?

ETA

Nemessis,

Sorry for that. The difference in the addresses is the key.

They suspect fraud and you will have to prove that you have a marriage in good faith. With the addresses in different states it may be difficult to do, so you'll need to show - joint bank accounts, joint tax forms, telephone bills to show that you talk a lot, plane tickets, having a child together - anything to prove that the marriage isn't on paper only.

My friends' case is similar to yours, but the wife leaves in Spain, not Boston. Their case was denied after the interview as they couldn't show any evidence of ever living together. We had the same immigration lawyer and I know most of the details. Let me know if you need more info.