"Good news"

nemessis said:
Guys,

I have another question, maybe some of you know the answer or was in this situation: my case was transferred on Wed, dec 8, but my wife's not, her case is still at VSC ... is this normal? I called the National Serv Center in the morning and they told me that's not unusual and the cases can be processed separately. I'm completely confused ... should I ask them to transfer my wife's case also or they do that whenever they consider necessary ... can this be a cause of another delay?... and where to ask the transfer: Philly or Boston? Since it would be easier for her to go to Boston and their processing time is better? Any thoughts abt that?

Thanks a lot,
nemessis

Nemessis,
I think this is nothing unusual for them to make the cases asynchronous. I would not suggest asking for that transfer. I know, you would want this to prevent such a transfer at a later time, but I would just leave it as is at this time. Even if you did request them to transfer, there are no gaurentees,and it can add more complications if it is transfered to Boston and the principal applicants (your) file would be in phili. They may not find supporting documents for her if her case gets transfered to Boston.
Waiting!

Waiting,

Thanks a lot for advice ... I scheduled a meeting with my lawyer next week to check the other options EB1, NIW, etc just to have a back-up plan. BTW I saw that you're posting on Philly local office also ... I compiled ~60 cases I found there and it looks that the "normal" time betwen the transfer and interview is 3-6 months and I hope it gets even better.
Thanks again,
nemessis

waiting! said:
Nemessis,
I think this is nothing unusual for them to make the cases asynchronous. I would not suggest asking for that transfer. I know, you would want this to prevent such a transfer at a later time, but I would just leave it as is at this time. Even if you did request them to transfer, there are no gaurentees,and it can add more complications if it is transfered to Boston and the principal applicants (your) file would be in phili. They may not find supporting documents for her if her case gets transfered to Boston.
Waiting!

nemessis said:
Waiting,

Thanks a lot for advice ... I scheduled a meeting with my lawyer next week to check the other options EB1, NIW, etc just to have a back-up plan. BTW I saw that you're posting on Philly local office also ... I compiled ~60 cases I found there and it looks that the "normal" time betwen the transfer and interview is 3-6 months and I hope it gets even better.
Thanks again,
nemessis

nemessis,
I don't know whenyou filed the current EB3 petition, but the dates are regressing from Jan 05 all the way back to Jan 02. This will be bad for many who have be hurt by the vaguries of VSC, but may work in your favour!

Waiting!

As predicted, the Department of State (DOS) has announced that the Employment Based, 3rd Preference (EB3) visa numbers for India, mainland China, and the Philippines will retrogress on January 1, 2005. The EB3 numbers for nationals of the listed countries will retrogress to January 1, 2002. This means that, as of January 1, 2005, anyone who is the beneficiary of a labor certification (or I-140 if a labor certification was not required) in the EB3 category filed on or after January 1, 2002, will not be permitted to file the I-485 or have a consular interview for an immigrant visa until the numbers move beyond this date. The DOS has indicated that further retrogression may be possible in future months.

I filed as EB2 ... the only way the retrogression will affect me is in a positive way ... but I have to wait until Jan maybe Feb to see what effect will have on the processing at the local offices.

Thanks waiting,
nemessis

waiting! said:
nemessis,
I don't know whenyou filed the current EB3 petition, but the dates are regressing from Jan 05 all the way back to Jan 02. This will be bad for many who have be hurt by the vaguries of VSC, but may work in your favour!

Waiting!

As predicted, the Department of State (DOS) has announced that the Employment Based, 3rd Preference (EB3) visa numbers for India, mainland China, and the Philippines will retrogress on January 1, 2005. The EB3 numbers for nationals of the listed countries will retrogress to January 1, 2002. This means that, as of January 1, 2005, anyone who is the beneficiary of a labor certification (or I-140 if a labor certification was not required) in the EB3 category filed on or after January 1, 2002, will not be permitted to file the I-485 or have a consular interview for an immigrant visa until the numbers move beyond this date. The DOS has indicated that further retrogression may be possible in future months.

nemessis said:
I filed as EB2 ... the only way the retrogression will affect me is in a positive way ... but I have to wait until Jan maybe Feb to see what effect will have on the processing at the local offices.

Thanks waiting,
nemessis
Are you currently doing a J-1 waiver ? If so, have you completed the 3 yrs on H-1b ? Pls post details.

I am a physician and have completed the 5 yrs of NIW requirement after J-1 waiver.

Buddy, I have no advice for you. But I want you to know that I really hope it works out for you and your wife. I feel it will. Good luck, friend.