• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

good news.........More entries will be selected in early October 2012

unfaithful

Registered Users (C)
just as i expected before when i told my friends in athor forum that one month or so before October ,KKC should change the word '' maybe '' to ''will'' if they are going to choose more winners or just delete the whole remarque about a possible winners if they are not to pick up any more winners on october.

so here is the good news ,a friend was checking his status yesterday and :

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that
time

so there will be more selected winners in early october,good luck everybody

just as i expected before when i told my friends in athor forum that one month or so before October ,KKC should change the word '' maybe '' to ''will'' if they are going to choose more winners or just delete the whole remarque about a possible winners if they are not to pick up any more winners on october.

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. More entries will be selected in early October 2012, so please keep your confirmation information until at least that
time

Will this redraw affect the current DV-2013 winners in some way?

I wouldn't call it a "redraw" - I believe what they are doing is "additional selection", and NO, it shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on current selectees.

I wouldn't call it a "redraw" - I believe what they are doing is "additional selection", and NO, it shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on current selectees.

How many more applicants are selected per continent? For Asia, we have some 16000 winners this year. What do you think, how many more will be added into that figure?

Not trying to burst anyone's bubbles, but I just did a quick status re-check of numbers that I know of that were not previously selected and the wordings still says MAY BE SELECTED not "will be". That notwithstanding however, I'm convinced there will most likely be additional selections come October.

Good luck to all those hoping to be selected.

time

I have absolutely no idea how many more applicants are likely to be selected in total or per continental. Short of having a crystal ball at this time :), it's impossible for me to take a guess.

How many more applicants are selected per continent? For Asia, we have some 16000 winners this year. What do you think, how many more will be added into that figure?

I would say yes. Because if they select more people we can logicaly think it would take you more time for your number to become current.
That should explain why Europe and Asia started very a low number.

I would say yes. Because if they select more people we can logicaly think it would take you more time for your number to become current.
That should explain why Europe and Asia started very a low number.

Then why not Africa? Do you mean that they won't select new African winners, because Africa has started very high in October, cut-off number 8000.

2 days ago ,some people were facing a problem while they are trying to check their status and they got Error page ,wich is posted in athor thread in this forum by someone,so i suspected they were updating data and adding more winners,and yesterday it was the word ''Will'' instead of ''May be'' ,why they change it again today?

here is the link where people facing problem browsing the official website 2 days ago :

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ant-Status-Check-(ESC)-Website-(oraops10-dll)

do you think they were probably updating data and adding winners?

early today it was ''will'' but they changed it again later on today to ''May'',why do you think they decide to change it again ?

That was me who started that thread and it seems that problem has gone away.
Now, I am getting sometimes "MAY BE selected" and sometimes "WILL BE selected" on the results page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I am getting sometimes "MAY BE selected" and sometimes "WILL BE selected" on the results page.

And I get a big red "Session timed out" message. Twice. Earlier this morning I got "MAY BE selected".

They must be making changes. I'm sure it will all be working fine when it's time.

They calculate and recalculate probabilities all the time.
Seriousely, that is a programming bug. It should be might all the tim.

for people who still get the "May be"
just clear your browser's cookies and cache,
and re-check again.
let me know if this worked out for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I get a big red "Session timed out" message. Twice. Earlier this morning I got "MAY BE selected".

They must be making changes. I'm sure it will all be working fine when it's time.

I also get "session timeout" when I use 64bit ie9, seems to work ok with 32bit ie9.

For what it is worth

I thought I would join in this and see what happens.

At the initial information screen, it says 'May', and when I go through the verification process with my number, my name and my date of birth, it says 'Will'.

I did that a couple of times and got the same answer.

Have a great day :)

Q

for people who still get the "May be"
just clear your browser's cookies and cache,
and re-check again.
let me know if this worked out for you.

Cool! Yes, it now says "WILL".

Does that make it an issue for those people checking if they've been selected in the 2nd draw? To clear their cookies first?