Going back home

N4th3l said:
Hi guys,
I spoke to my lawyer today, I told him I just got my GC, and can I go back home for like 2-3 weeks?
He said it's gonna be ok, because I applied for Asylum 6 years a go and the situation in my country changes a lot and he told me its ok to use NP to go back home.
Also he said there's no class on GC, and the GC that I received is the same with the person who got it from H1. I asked about the category on the card, he said it means nothing.

Now I'm confused, is there anybody here close to applying citizenship?
Can we ask INS instead of guessing?
Do they have forum or email?
Thanks guys.

Dude,

You got an attorney who answered your concerns, why are you pestering people for more information?

:rolleyes: Your attorney is right, in my opinion the category on the CG means "SQUAT", I should rather say the entire GC process is garbage, why USCIS even bother issuing one to political asylees.

All off the Asylees should automatically become Citizen, fiver years after the grant of asylum. Less work for USCIS, U.S. Congress and Legislators. Listen man, if you are not satisfied with the answer of your "attorney" go find a new one.

Spend some $$$$, you have been here for the past many years. I am sure you got some "dough" to spend. Obviously you'll buy ticket and then some gifts and Enchalada, so might as well spend some to cover your "REAR END".

I gave you the most elaborate answer, what else do you expect? Stop making life miserable for legitimate asylees. Don't mislead them, you can go to where ever you want! You are the one who will bear the consequence, not me or the forum.

MK

Dude, depends to whom you are talking too, USCIS has no official position :rolleyes:

N4th3l said:
Nobody answer my original questions...
Did anybody talk to the INS instead of guessing? :confused:

N4th3l said:
Hi guys,
I spoke to my lawyer today, I told him I just got my GC, and can I go back home for like 2-3 weeks?
He said it's gonna be ok, because I applied for Asylum 6 years a go and the situation in my country changes a lot and he told me its ok to use NP to go back home.
Also he said there's no class on GC, and the GC that I received is the same with the person who got it from H1. I asked about the category on the card, he said it means nothing.

Thanks guys.

fire your attorney if he really said that "no class on GC, and the GC that I received is the same with the person who got it from H1." Every green card has a code identifying the way you were granted permanent residence. They have a very long coding list.

I don't really care because I don't plan to go home, I am home!!, just for those who are wondering read this from the USCIS website, the title is
Now That You Are A Permanent Resident
Welcome
Now that you have become a Permanent Resident of the United States we would like to welcome and congratulate you on your accomplishment. Some of you came to the United States as immigrants through a relative or through an employer. Some of you came as refugees or were given asylum status. And some of you came through other programs, like the Diversity Visa Lottery. But now that you are Permanent Residents you all share the same status. You have certain rights and certain responsibilities as Permanent Residents. This document will give you a general idea of what those rights and responsibilities are and some other useful information related to your immigration status as a Permanent Resident.

Same status no matter how you became PR...

N4th3l said:
Hi guys,

Thanks guys.
What differece are there between the regular GC and asylum GC.
Who know what mean the G-05 in the Catalog of the GC?
What is the Catalog of the regular GC ?

My friend's Catalog is G-05 in his GC, he is asylum green card.

Sad_Face_For_Me said:
What differece are there between the regular GC and asylum GC.
Who know what mean the G-05 in the Catalog of the GC?
What is the Catalog of the regular GC ?

My friend's Catalog is G-05 in his GC, he is asylum green card.

A regular asylum GC cannot apply for Refugee Travel Document whereas ASYLUM GC can apply for a RTD.

In theory an ASYLUM GC cannot travel to his home country whereas regular GC can travel with no restrictions.

An Asylum GC is backdated 1 year whereas the regular GC is not backdated ever.

wantmygcnow said:
A regular asylum GC cannot apply for Refugee Travel Document whereas ASYLUM GC can apply for a RTD.

In theory an ASYLUM GC cannot travel to his home country whereas regular GC can travel with no restrictions.

An Asylum GC is backdated 1 year whereas the regular GC is not backdated ever.

He is asking you what does G05 means. So tell him what he is asking..!!

Free,
if you know, why don't you answer the question. this is not a forum of compitition,rather a friendly forum of support. behave.

kari1971 said:
I don't really care because I don't plan to go home, I am home!!, just for those who are wondering read this from the USCIS website, the title is
Now That You Are A Permanent Resident
Welcome
Now that you have become a Permanent Resident of the United States we would like to welcome and congratulate you on your accomplishment. Some of you came to the United States as immigrants through a relative or through an employer. Some of you came as refugees or were given asylum status. And some of you came through other programs, like the Diversity Visa Lottery. But now that you are Permanent Residents you all share the same status. You have certain rights and certain responsibilities as Permanent Residents. This document will give you a general idea of what those rights and responsibilities are and some other useful information related to your immigration status as a Permanent Resident.

Same status no matter how you became PR...

Read thread one more time. No one is questioning about the same statsu of GC. The same status does not necessary mean their way to get the GC is the same, and each GC has their own No-Nos, even after getting GC not to let USCIS consider it's fraudulent.

If you get married to USC, and you divorced right next day of getting unconditional GC, USCIS may be interested.
If you get GC thru asylum, and you visited you country you once were
scared of, USCIS may want explanation and you may need to convince them.