GC processing for parent of USC with under 21 children

You keep embarrsing yourself here. At 18 they come to college, and at 21 they want to bring their parents. That does NOT make them "family values" hypocrats like this gov.
And...Affidavits can have other sponsors/co-signers. You know this...whats wrong with you.

Triple Citizen is one of the most knowledgeable individuals on this forum; insulting him is bad forum form!

No matter what you think, it is US law, and thus, it is what it is.

You keep embarrsing yourself here. At 18 they come to college, and at 21 they want to bring their parents. That does NOT make them "family values" hypocrats like this gov.

Why? They left their parents for three years. ;)

And...Affidavits can have other sponsors/co-signers. You know this...whats wrong with you.

You are correct in this; but I'm curious how a 21-year-old college student is able to get people with the income to sign the affadavit of support. It's not impossible, just very, very unlikely.

Look, the situation you describe is relatively speaking very rare. The vast majority of immediate relatives are either spouses and (step)children, or parents with no minor children. It's unfortunate that some people are in a situation that immigration law doesn't cover, but there's nothing forcing those people to immigrate to the US or be separated from their minor children. And if it's so important for the family to remain united, then they can all do so outside of the United States.

The rules and criteria are well-known in advance. They have not changed in years, and they have remained the same under Democratic and Republican administrations. I don't see why you are straining so aggressively to put a political spin on things.

You and Real Canadian need to start using your brains...There are thousands of USC's living abroad that come here when they turn 21, or at 18 when they go to college, and they want to bring their families here as well. Going to college has nothing to do with breaking up a family. But stupid rules like this one from the USCIS does BREAK UP a family.
I think this is unfair and my assertion that this reflects the hipocrasy and stupidity of the "family values" label of this administration is valid.

You seem to be missing the point that nobody FORCES these families to break apart. A USC relocating to the US is personal choice, as is their decision to sponsor one or more parents.

You seem to be missing the point that nobody FORCES these families to break apart. A USC relocating to the US is personal choice, as is their decision to sponsor one or more parents.

A US citizen's desire to have his family inside the same country is a "personal choice"???? Are you that dishearted, or that out of touch with what real "family values" are? what planet are you from?

Is the USCIS paying you to be their advocates?...whats the matter?...You guys just need to ACCEPT the unfairness of this particular rule, even if it happenss ONCE, or it happens to a small number of people.

My point was to say that the so called "family values" don't transcend to everything this administration does. Its hypocrasy, and not recognizing it makes my point even stronger.

By the way...about 100 students a year graduate from american high schools ABROAD, they are mainly attended by american kids, whose parents may or may not be americans...thats a significant number of US kids that would like to bring their whole family home.
Finding another sponsor to sign that affidavit is not big deal..everyone has an uncle, or a freind or a nieghbor who makes 3 times the proverty line.
I have you guys locked into simply accepting this rule is unfair like the many rules the USCIS has...simply saying its a choice to BE here, implies the USCIS does not PROTECT all americans like it should.
Just take a deep breath...accept you are wrong.

Triple Citizen is one of the most knowledgeable individuals on this forum; insulting him is bad forum form!

No matter what you think, it is US law, and thus, it is what it is.

It is what it is....you are RIGHT. But it is unfair...I have the right to say that.

By the way....if he's so knowledgable, then it should be easy for him to see that there is somethihg wrong when a US citizen at 21 years old, cannot bring his parents without saying, sorry little brother or little sister, its my "choice" to take mom and dad away.

But why am I wasting my time saying this...he's got 3 citizenships...who knows what his commitments to anything really are or truly mean???

A US citizen's desire to have his family inside the same country is a "personal choice"????

Yes. And there's nothing stopping that US citizen from having his family inside the same country. It just doesn't have to be US. You see, you're not really complaining about aliens being separated from their families, despite your insistence. You're really complaining about them not being able to choose to be all in the US together. It's a valid complaint, but it is different.

You guys just need to ACCEPT the unfairness of this particular rule, even if it happenss ONCE, or it happens to a small number of people.

There are plenty of immigration rules that are unfair. I accept the unfairness of the rule, but at the same time I also recognize that plenty of rules are unfair. In the grand scheme of things this one isn't at the top of the list. But you obviously have a different opinion.

My point was to say that the so called "family values" don't transcend to everything this administration does. Its hypocrasy, and not recognizing it makes my point even stronger.

You may not see this policy as family-friendly. But I don't view it as hypocritical if the current Administration doesn't extend derivative benefits to Immediate Relatives. You may disagree, the same way that someone waiting for a spouse or child in the FB2 categories would probably disagree. But Congress has provided a clear legal path for the minor children of the parents of US citizens to immigrate - it's called FB4. I recognize that the wait is long, but it does exist.

Just because an Administration is family-friendly (which, by the way, they all claim to be) doesn't mean that they are obligated to support every person's interpretation of what pro-family policies should be.

Finding another sponsor to sign that affidavit is not big deal..everyone has an uncle, or a freind or a nieghbor who makes 3 times the proverty line.

But who will sign the affadavit? That's a totally different situation. I do not have a US citizen uncle, nor do I have a friend or neighbor willing to make such a financial commitment, therefore your statement has been proven false.

I am puzzled. What do you mean "wrong" to be? I recognize that you have obviously been affected in a negative fashion by the structure of US immigration laws. You probably would be well-served consulting with an attorney on your best options. That might include filing an I-130 for your siblings, and if family unity is as important as you claim, then you will reside abroad with your parents and siblings until their PD becomes current. At this point you will file an I-130 for your parents and return to the US, and then all of you will reside in the US together. Family unity is preserved and all is well.

Every case that prevents an alien from living and/or working in the US can cause harm. Every single one. Personally, I don't see how this is worse than denying a competent foreign gradate an H-1 or EB visa number, or arbitrarily refusing to adjudicate an I-485. But that's just my perspective. In any policy decision, there are winners and losers. You should be grateful that your relatives automatically qualify for GCs, even if it takes a while. There are plenty of us who had to qualify based on skills and demand, instead of who we're related to. (That might also be a good avenue for your siblings.)

A US citizen's desire to have his family inside the same country is a "personal choice"???? Are you that dishearted, or that out of touch with what real "family values" are? what planet are you from?

Well what country were you in TOGETHER AS A FAMILY before someone decided to relocate to the US? Nobody forced any of your family to make that first move. Sorry but your argument doesn't hold water.

And no, I'm not "dishearted" or out of touch with family values, but I do recognize that every adult has to make decisions based on their own beliefs and values. In this instance it seems that someone was overly optimistic, or perhaps misinformed with what to expect from US immigration laws. That doesn't change the reality that there is still a solution for keeping the family together. The big question is whether the price of family unity is worth the cost of not living in the US, or at least accepting the waiting time for an FB4 petition.

Is the USCIS paying you to be their advocates?...whats the matter?...You guys just need to ACCEPT the unfairness of this particular rule, even if it happenss ONCE, or it happens to a small number of people.

Nobody is paying me to be an advocate, and the rules (8.CFR) are freely available for anyone to read if they feel the need. Whether the rules are fair or not is irrelevant. They are what they are, and neither you or I are likely to be able to change them any time soon. In fact, the most recent round of immigration bills would have more severely limited family-based petitions, not made it easier.

Fine, but its irrelevant as regards your situation.

By the way...about 100 students a year graduate from american high schools ABROAD, they are mainly attended by american kids, whose parents may or may not be americans...thats a significant number of US kids that would like to bring their whole family home.

Not so. When I petitioned for my mother to come to the US, the only people who would have signed an affidavit for her were me or my wife. I have no other relatives in the US.

I have you guys locked into simply accepting this rule is unfair like the many rules the USCIS has...simply saying its a choice to BE here, implies the USCIS does not PROTECT all americans like it should.

You don't have me locked into anything, however I have spent 10 years working my way through the bureaucracy of INS/USCIS, and know that some things are immovable. Unless you happen to be related to a congressman or something, individual opinions of the unfairness of US immigration laws don't count for a heck of a lot.

This is perhaps the most intelligent statement you have made on this thread. Only I truly know what my commitments to anything really are :)
If you knew them, you would be called a seer!!!

But why am I wasting my time saying this...he's got 3 citizenships...who knows what his commitments to anything really are or truly mean???

network22....

we are in a similar situation.... parents are GC, little brother was 16 at the time... this was 3 years ago...

since then he has been here as a studentfirst in high school now in college... so family is not separated, and we applied for a new I130... in 2006.... still waiting, i have no idea what the next step will be, buti think we have 4 years before his PD will be current, nd the I130 isnt moving at all.... which is good i guess, since it extends the time he can be eligible after he is 21.... we need to have a post like this alive all the time, i am sure we are not the only 2 people in this situation.. there must be others!!