• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

GC processing - Education

dv2010winner

Registered Users (C)
for the interview requirements, what is normally required for education certificates. Degree certificate only? or you need to show high school etc.

You need to show your high school cert. Most interview officers put more premium on that than your advanced degree certs.

You need to show your high school cert. Most interview officers put more premium on that than your advanced degree certs.

why would you say that?
If you have a BA / MA / PhD degree isn't that covering the education requirement by far?
Why would an interview officer ask for a degree of high school if you bring a higher recognized degree such as BA or MA or PhD?

It is OK not to show High School Certificate if you have a higher level of education.
However, you need:
1. To prove you have never received High School Certificate, or
2. You lost it and tried to get a duplicate, but did not succeed

Otherwise, you generally are required to show it as well

It's simple as it is,1- You have to make sure you have all your papers ready Whether they gonna ask you for the college degree or High school degree
2-as ammeck said I think they will look for the high school degree since It's one of "MAIN" requirements to be eligible for DV lottery So what's the harm of bringing it anyway ?
3-you're gonna need the high-school certificate after you arrive to the states anyway

i heard about transcripts somewhere. is is necessary to have that or the final degree and college certificates will be fine?
also, i saw somewhere that you dont have to bring children but on the notificaation letter they say all persons must be present.

another thing, what is required to show proof of your employment? CV? company letter?

thanks.

If you were on an evening program at high school, you might need a transcript, to make sure you had the same number of hours as on a day program. The same might be needed if something else looks suspicious.
Appearance of children under 14 could be waived by consul, and usually is. Ask for that in advance by email.
You CV might be helpful to figure out how much money you need before you find a job.

It is OK not to show High School Certificate if you have a higher level of education.
However, you need:
1. To prove you have never received High School Certificate, or
2. You lost it and tried to get a duplicate, but did not succeed

Otherwise, you generally are required to show it as well

Thanks I do have a copy so I will bring it along with my higher degrees

It's simple as it is,1- You have to make sure you have all your papers ready Whether they gonna ask you for the college degree or High school degree
2-as ammeck said I think they will look for the high school degree since It's one of "MAIN" requirements to be eligible for DV lottery So what's the harm of bringing it anyway ?
3-you're gonna need the high-school certificate after you arrive to the states anyway

Thanks, and why would I need my high school diploma in the US?

Thanks I do have a copy so I will bring it along with my higher degrees

Thanks, and why would I need my high school diploma in the US?

Well,In case you're planing to go to college or continue education or if the last education you received was high-school only so applying for a job would have to show the diploma

So no high school diploma is need when you have a BA, MA or PhD for that reason.

As for the interview, I think its best to bring all you have but I also do not think they will deny someone a successful interview with a BA and MA diploma, but again better safe than sorry, right ;)

If its not possible to get your original high school diploma, send the school and e-mail and take proof of that along with higher degrees.