GC holder's child born outside US

I have a question regarding this topic as well,

we are LPR who live in Canada and have a newborn, however, after birth, I already crossed the border but without the baby.

will that be an issue or is the policy only for the mom and the baby?

for the birth certificate, can I make a certified copy of it and hand it to the officer along with his passport?

We are planning to apply for a re-entry permit on our trip back too, if the baby gets the i-551 stamp on his passport, should we use a re-entry for him as well?

PS:
- baby is born less than 5 months old,
- we have his b/c containing all our names in it
- waiting for his passport now as we plan to travel this Sept.
If the other parent is also an LPR, and the other parent has not returned to the US after the child's birth, then the child should be able to enter the US without a visa with that parent's first return to the US.

If the other parent is also an LPR, and the other parent has not returned to the US after the child's birth, then the child should be able to enter the US without a visa with that parent's first return to the US.
Thanks, I will update after September after our trip

Also sharing my experience.

Child was born in Europe, got him a passport + english birth certificate and two "2 x 2" inch baby photos for the green card.

Contacted Airline (SAS) regarding boarding a baby without VISA/ESTA, was advised to bring official documents that clearly stated my child was visa/esta exempt, and arrive early for our flight.

Airport

Arriving 3.30h before departure, a helpful lady at check-in asked if my child had any VISA/ESTA. I explained our child had intentions to stay in the US for more then 90 days, and thus disqualified for ESTA. I presented our travel documents, ( green cards, passports, birth certificate, CBP's official "carrier information guide", the FAQ page from the American embassy in Japan regarding no visa requirements to LPR child born abroad ) the lady took pictures of all our documents and sent to her supervisor. She asked if we had any official document indicating this exception with our child's name printed on it, I declined and said the papers we had was official but not personal, only general in nature ( CBP carrier guide, Embassy FAQ ). The lady told me they had to make a phone call and it could take a few minutes, ( I assume they called the Regional Carrier Liaison Groups (RCLG) whom assist mainly overseas carriers determine U.S. entry qualifications. ) and after 30 minutes, we where cleared to board.

Arrival at LAX

CBP officer was somewhat confused when we presented our baby's birth certificate + 1 printed page from CBP's own website indicating that baby born to LPR's parents temporary stay abroad does not require VISA. He went and talked to a supervisor, then came back and asked if our baby had ESTA, to which I again politely replied our baby does not qualify for ESTA based on intentions to stay longer then 90 days ( I assume even the most argumentative CBP officer will accept this answer, as did ours ). The officer made another phone call and then stamped our babies passport as admitted and wrote NA3 under the stamp, and then we followed him into a separate processing area.

Was eventually called up to a booth, where a new CBP officer immediately asked for a birth certificate and pictures of our child + our green cards and passports. He gave me a piece of paper and told me to write our address on it, eventually he stamped our baby's passport with the temporary I-551, and said a green card should arrive in a month or two. He handed back the original birth certificate, I hesitated and told him, "I was under the assumption USCIS need the BC original?" , he declined and said not anymore, they used to lose them all the time, so copies are sufficient ( not comforting ).

I asked to receive an Alien number for my baby, so I could follow up with USCIS in those rare circumstances our child's green card "won't make it", the officer declined my request stating that they don't issue A-numbers and pointed to the I-181 where the field was left blank, and stated USCIS will fill it in. I asked how would I be able to contact USCIS without an alien number?, his eye's looked a little blank, and I did not feel motivated to argue with an officer who had filled in several of these I-181s on previous occasions.

Looking back I should have asked for a copy of the I-181.

Planning to see if I can get my child a SSN in a few days ( I believe their handbook states I-551 is sufficient, but in reality? - who knows ).

I have a question. Is this process entirely free? If so, good for you. Others getting LPR status need to pay for the card at least, so it's weird, though. Like, AOS within the US is like 1500, while consular processing as an immediate relative is slightly cheaper. The costs are just all over the place.

I have a question. Is this process entirely free? If so, good for you. Others getting LPR status need to pay for the card at least, so it's weird, though. Like, AOS within the US is like 1500, while consular processing as an immediate relative is slightly cheaper. The costs are just all over the place.
Yes, this process is free ( but far from always smooth ).

Hi. My sister is a permanent resident currently in the Philippines. She recently gave birth, and her child is now 1 year old. She is planning to return to the United States this month with her child. Her itinerary includes a connecting flight from MNL to TPE, then TPE to the U.S. Do you think there will be any issues with immigration in the Philippines? We've read a lot online, and it seems there shouldn't be any problems in the United States, but we're concerned that Philippine immigration might not allow her to travel with the child.

Hi. My sister is a permanent resident currently in the Philippines. She recently gave birth, and her child is now 1 year old. She is planning to return to the United States this month with her child. Her itinerary includes a connecting flight from MNL to TPE, then TPE to the U.S. Do you think there will be any issues with immigration in the Philippines? We've read a lot online, and it seems there shouldn't be any problems in the United States, but we're concerned that Philippine immigration might not allow her to travel with the child.
You probably need to find a forum that specializes in the Philippines to ask about procedures /requirements there. There are not a lot of Filipinos on this board. if you can’t find a Philippines-specific forum, there are a number of Filipinos on visa journey and they might know.

you should also be sure to check with the airline in advance to ensure that they understand the baby does not need a visa for the US, and if necessary get a boarding foil from the US consulate.

Planning to see if I can get my child a SSN in a few days ( I believe their handbook states I-551 is sufficient, but in reality? - who knows ).

Update,

SSA office was not able to request a SSN for my LPR baby due to missing Alien number ( apparently the A-number field could not be left empty in the computer ( SAVE ) program.).