GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Congrats!

I do have a question regarding Police Clearance certificates. Who/What/Where are the PCCs issued from in a city in the US?

Thanks,

SW

They are issued by the "Records Department" at your city police offices. I got them from 2 different cities and both had there own forms and procedures.

In all it was very simple. Fill out the form and wait for there call to pick it up. Usually less than 48 hrs.

Had interview today at 7:20AM in Phoenix, AZ.

It was at the 3110 N Central Ave office. The office is difficult to locate as it is in the shopping center, on the south side, and towards the very west end of the shopping center. It is small door that says USCIS office.
Security was a bit weird as they did not activate the elevator until 7:20 AM.
There were atleast 10 people waiting to get to the elevator.

My mom appt time was 7:20 and my dad's appt time was 8:00.

Mom and Dad were called together in at 8:00 AM.
We presented our Ids – passports. She asked me for my state ID – Driver License.
The officer made us go through oath about saying the truth and the complete truth.
She questioned me on my name, DOB, address, SSN, Phone etc from I-130. Nothing complicated.
We gave the police clearance letters that they had requested us to bring.(The FBI was not able to clear the finger prints)

My Dad was asked his name, address, Phone, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, How many children. Name of children, Name of wife etc. He was then asked abt 10 questions from 485 form – for all of them the answer was NO. (Have you been arrestd, communist party, terrorist, illegal etc.)

He was then made to sign a letter that they did not have any arrest records etc(only become the finger prints did not clear.) I had to sign the same as a witness.

Then officer went through similar questioning with my Mom. At the end, she cancelled there Visas on the passport by marking a redline on them. She said that she was approving them and printed letters to give to us. She said we would get a formal letter in the mail and also the Green card in 3-4 months. If we needed to travel before that, then we have to get an INFOPASS appt and get the I-551 stamped on our passport.

We were done by 8:30 AM.

Congrats,

Do you if applying for both I-130 and I-485, can they stay in country until GC is approved ?
Or they can stay only if I-130 is approved before their I-94 expires ?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Do they need to go back and wrap things up to make the permanent move to the U.S. or did they do all that before coming here on the tourist visas?
Hi BigJoe5,

No, they don't need to go back and wrap up things.

They can wait until they get their GC.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I'm filing I-130 and I-485 for my parents. In form G-325a that is submitted along with I-130, what should be checked for the question: "This form is submitted in connection with application for: " ?
I think I should check Other and specify it as I-130. Is that correct ?
And for G-325a that is submitted with I-485, it should be Status as Permanent Resident. Is that correct ?

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

They are fine and don't need to back anytime soon. May be after 6 months from now.

Are you asking if they have to visit India any soon ? I thought that can be take care of using AP.

No, I am wondering how it will look to the USCIS Officer. IF they don't need to go back and wrap things up, I would wonder if they made misrepresentations upon entry to conceal a pre-conceived immigrant intent.

On the other hand, if the decision to file for greencards was truely spontaneous, then do they understand that it would take at least 3 months to get Advance Parole? If they went back at that time they would have to come back a short time later for the I-485 interview as most offices are at about 5 months or so on that?

Is it logistically possible and can they afford to back and forth and then back and forth again to finish up what they could not take care of in a short trip? Would it make better sense for them to do Consular Processing? With CP, it would take a few (3 to 6) months to get the visas (depends on the Consulate) and then they'd be afforded up to another 6 months to travel to the U.S. at their liesure.

Some folks are so excited at being eligible to file for AOS that they don't think through the logistics of planning a major move to another country permanently.

If they just wait until they get greencards and then go back to wrap things up for their permanent move to the U.S., will that be too long of an absence from home considering that they have already been away from a home (for around 4 month already) that they had planned to return to after a short visit to the U.S.?

How much time will they need and would they need to file for re-entry permits also which would cause a further delay in waiting for the fingerprinting appointments?

I certainly couldn't just up and move to another country on the spur of the moment. I couldn't go for a short visit and end up being away for nearly a year (or more) if I hadn't planned it out in advance.

GC applied for parents

hi,

My brother had applied for GC for my parents around june 2nd 2010 in CA. but we have not heard anything from them yet. they did receive our forms, but it shows that its under review.

my parents were in the US visiitng us from july 2010 and wll return back to india jan 26th. my bro thinks that there probably is a police clearance/enquiry regarding their paper and which couldnt be completed as my parents are here. Is anyone aware of any such process? should we call them to find out why its showing under review for this long? or this the standard process time for CA?

Any info/help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Did you receive the I-485 receipt notice..
If yes, then they can stay here until a decision is made on there GC.

hi,

My brother had applied for GC for my parents around june 2nd 2010 in CA. but we have not heard anything from them yet. they did receive our forms, but it shows that its under review.

my parents were in the US visiitng us from july 2010 and wll return back to india jan 26th. my bro thinks that there probably is a police clearance/enquiry regarding their paper and which couldnt be completed as my parents are here. Is anyone aware of any such process? should we call them to find out why its showing under review for this long? or this the standard process time for CA?

Any info/help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

The posted processing time for this category of I-130 is 5 months. Do any of you have particularly common names that could cause a slower name check?

Since it is beyond posted times a Service Request is fully appropriate.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Hey, guys,
I've received the notice for an appointment for my mom. Her inteview is not for another 2 months and I wondered whether she can travel outside of the U.S. before the interview. She has the Advanced Parole too. Thanks!

My mom's GC application package (130,485, 765, 131) was filed in November 2010.
She had her fingerprints done Jan 24th.
AP approved Jan 21st, received AP Jan 28th.
EAD card production ordered Jan 27th.
Online system has "case not found" for I-130 and I-485.

I-130 and I-485 non-concurrent, but parents are visiting US.

All,

I am a USC, and submitted the I-130 petition alone (without I-485) for my parents who were overseas.
Now they are actually planning to travel here soon on B1 visa (tourist), and I-130 is not yet approved.

Questions:
- Is this OK?
- Is it possible to later apply for adjustment of status heree (file I-485 separately), instead of taking the case to NVC (consular procedure)?

Thanks!

Guys,

should the forms be printed on double sided or single sided?

Filing: G-1145 + I-131 + I-485 + I-765 + I-131 + I-864EZ + G-325A + sealed I-693

My mom's GC application package (130,485, 765, 131) was filed in November 2010.
She had her fingerprints done Jan 24th.
AP approved Jan 21st, received AP Jan 28th.
EAD card production ordered Jan 27th.
Online system has "case not found" for I-130 and I-485.

Received mom's EAD card today. Card dated Jan 20th valid for 1 year. Interestingly, the photo on the card is the one taken at fingerprinting, not the one we sent. On the other hand, photo on AP was the one we submitted with application.

Still I-130 and I-485 don't show up online. Now the wait for interview begins.

Print all applications single sided. It makes it easier for USCIS to scan it.

Thanks Nkm,

Should I submit photocopies of all the affidavit (birth and marriage affidavits) I got from India? I got scanned copies sent thru email, I have yet to received original copies as they are still in the mail.

How many photographs I need for one applicant?

One last qns. for concurrently filing I-485, do I need to attached full set of I-130 application with I-485? bottom line - one I-130 package, I-485 package with copies of I-130 package, I-765 and I-131....correct?

Thanks for your help,

Thanks Nkm,

Should I submit photocopies of all the affidavit (birth and marriage affidavits) I got from India? I got scanned copies sent thru email, I have yet to received original copies as they are still in the mail.

How many photographs I need for one applicant?

One last qns. for concurrently filing I-485, do I need to attached full set of I-130 application with I-485? bottom line - one I-130 package, I-485 package with copies of I-130 package, I-765 and I-131....correct?

Thanks for your help,

Scanned copies should be fine as long as you can produce originals if asked.
2 photos for I-485, 2 photos for Advance Parole, 2 photos for EAD (total 6 photos)
No need to attach copies of I-130 if you are filing cocurrently - just arrange applications in this order top to bottom:
Cover letter + fee check (Mention you are filing concurrently and list applications+supporting documents included)
I-130 application
I-130 supporting documents
I-485 application+2 photos
I-485 supporting documents
I-693 sealed medical exam report
G-325A
I-864 or I-864 EZ
I-131+2 photos
I-131 supporting documents
I-765+2 photos
I-765 supporting documents

Scanned copies should be fine as long as you can produce originals if asked.
2 photos for I-485, 2 photos for Advance Parole, 2 photos for EAD (total 6 photos)
No need to attach copies of I-130 if you are filing cocurrently - just arrange applications in this order top to bottom:
Cover letter + fee check (Mention you are filing concurrently and list applications+supporting documents included)
I-130 application
I-130 supporting documents
I-485 application+2 photos
I-485 supporting documents
I-693 sealed medical exam report
G-325A
I-864 or I-864 EZ
I-131+2 photos
I-131 supporting documents
I-765+2 photos
I-765 supporting documents

Thanks nkm-oct23, appreciate your help!!

Joint Sponsor questions

Good Friday,

My brother-in-law is a Naturalized USC. He is planning to sponsor his father and his mother (my parents-in-law. I'm married to his older brother). He is married and his wife is currently not working and going into school, full time. He is come up short to meet the Poverty Guidlines requirement for Household Size of Four (himself, his wife, Mom & Dad) which is $27,563.00. His gross for 2010 is only $25K.

I have agreed to be the Joint Sponsor for him (or for them). So my questions are:
  1. 1. Do I just need to sponsor either one of them?
  2. 2. Is it I-864 form only that I need to fill?
  3. Do I need to be in the same household with my brother-in-law? Cause I'm not.

These questions might already be answered on previous threads and am actually reading through the threads. But I thought I could also post this questions and see is someone can come with an answer much quicker than me searching it.

Thank you!