GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hi

Hi, Just sent I 130 for my dad to chicago lock box, on 11/03/2010, deleverd at chicagoon 11/05/2010. recieved e mail with the EAC #------------. It also said in the email that the application was forwarded to vermount center for further processing. And i will be getting a I 797 in the postal mail.
I checked on the uscis website, it is taking about 5mts for I 130 .
Now i am little bit worried , what the next step will be?
Can any one tell what will happen next? Thank you

After your I-130 is approved, the case will be forwarded to NVC who will send you and your dad form DS-3032, Choice of Agent and Address form. He can chose you as his agent as well. Then, you will get instructions to pay the AOS fee, $88. Once that is paid you will have access to Form I-864 and coversheet. Send in that info. In the meantime get all documents ready for Form DS-230. Pay the fees for DS-230, $404 and send in the forms and supporting documents. Upon approval the case will be sent to the US Consulate in India for an interview date. If interview is succesful, the passport will be stamped with I-551 visa. I-551 is valid for six months. After travel to the US, the Permanent Residence Card will arive in the mail.

There are tons of posts in this forum with valuable info. and individual cases regarding CP. Read through them all, they're very informative. Good luck! We're in the same timeframe...keep in touch!

Parent's green late filing

Guys,

I am a US citizen and my parents has been in US since last 4.5 months. Their visitor visas are ending on Dec 26th 2010.

I need file for their green card and with Advanced parol. WIll be receiving medical by next wednesday for 485.

In another word, i will not be able to file before next Thursday, Nov 18.

Looking at the situation, can you please provide me any suggestion, if we can still file for their green card while they are in US or is it too late?

My understanding was that once you get 485 receipt you can stay here even after you visa is expired. But now I see some post saying it may take up to 6 weeks and i am getting worried. Should i file for their visa extention and then file for 130, 485 and advanced parol or is there any other way?

or should i consult a lawyer, if so any suggestion is greatly appreciated

Guys,

or should i consult a lawyer, if so any suggestion is greatly appreciated

raj, read up on this thread first. Pay attention to the last ten pages.

First, you dont need to file for extension if you think you can file for their green card before their visa expires.

HOWEVER, it is lot of work to get the paperwork and the documentation ready (that's what takes time). You want to make sure you do it right the first time so there are no RFEs (hopefully).

Go through the other threads here as well.

You will need, their Marriage certificate, their birth cerficates (if not primary and secondary proofs), your birth certificate, your tax records, recent pay stubs among others.

Download the latest forms from USCIS and start filling them out. It will give you an idea. You can do this on your own but it is lot of work. It can be done though. My recommendation is you do this on your own. You can get LOT of help here and also researching on google. You need to be thorough and pay attention to every little detail. I know I have seen posts here where people have gone through lawyers but had mixed results in terms of how quickly the GC was processed.

Good luck !

Well said. I agree with you Sr425. I just sent I-130 for my dad for CP in chennai, india. I will be filing for my mom by jan 15.2011, her I 94 will expire on march 15 2011. She is here on visiting visa. I am doing it on my own with the help of this fourm. if you are intrested be in touch Raj with me , i live in MA. USA. WE can do it together.
I am in touch with barry4me , he is doing I 130 cp in Pakisthan for his parents. He is very help full. seems like he knows lot of stuff. be in touch with him too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both myself and my wife are US citizens and we have filed GC application for my mother-in-law (my wife's mother). Her I-130 approved. Since came here last month for visitor visa, we would like to file the Adjust of Status from here (rather than going through the Consular Process). We have found the following forms for this process

1) I-485
2) I-765
3) I-864
4) I-864a I am adding myself for the support
5) G-325a
6) I-693 (from USCIS certified physician)

Is there any other documents that needed to be filled along with the application form? Also do we need to send the originals of I-130 with this application?

Thanking you in advance,
Madhu

Hi

Both myself and my wife are US citizens and we have filed GC application for my mother-in-law (my wife's mother). Her I-130 approved. Since came here last month for visitor visa, we would like to file the Adjust of Status from here (rather than going through the Consular Process). We have found the following forms for this process

1) I-485
2) I-765
3) I-864
5) G-325a

Is there any other documents that needed to be filled along with the application form? Also do we need to send the originals of I-130 with this application?

Thanking you in advance,
Madhu

I think you should be good. Did the uscis guy at the port of entery ask her about I130, I heard that they will konw about I 130 in the airport when you file fore I 130.

1) I-485
2) I-765
3) I-864
5) G-325a

Thanking you in advance,
Madhu

I-765 is voluntary, does she really needs a work permit for next 4 months? If not save the $$$ by not filing it.

I think you should be good. Did the uscis guy at the port of entery ask her about I130, I heard that they will konw about I 130 in the airport when you file fore I 130.

Yes, the immigration officer at the airport asked her about the I-130 approval and asked her whether she is filing adjustment of status. We were sort of surprised that they are tracking these.

I-765 is voluntary, does she really needs a work permit for next 4 months? If not save the $$$ by not filing it.

The only reason we are filing because she can get the SSN and we can add her as a dependant in Tax filing.

Could you please let me know what is the additonal fee for I-765. Somehow I thought that if I am filing I-485, there is no extra fee for I-765.

-Madhu

I would like to post details of case for my mother. She is visiting and has a 6 month I-94 from Aug 2010 to Feb 2011.

Filing: G-1145 + I-131 + I-485 + I-765 + I-131 + I-864EZ + G-325A + sealed I-693
Fees $355 + $1010
Application package sent 11-09-2010 by Priority Mail.
Package received by USCIS 11-12-2010.
Email & SMS Acknowledgment received 11-17-2010
Case numbers MSCxxxxxxxxxx
Check cashed 11-18-2010
NOAs received 11-22-2010

I still cannot check status of any case online. Has anyone been able to successfully check status?

Overstayign I94 expiry date after applying for GC

hi everyone-
I am sure this question has been implicitly answered- but I am unable to find an explicit answer.
My mum is visiting USA- on a visitor visa. I plan to apply for her GC, 4 months after her date of arrival.
Can she legally stay beyond the the expiry of her I94 date while her GC is being decisioned/processed.
Pls advise.
if possible- if you can direct me to the official site where this info can be verified- I woudl appreciate it.
thanks much
gplkr

hi- can some guru pls advise regardign my question below..
thanks much
gplkr

hi everyone-
I am sure this question has been implicitly answered- but I am unable to find an explicit answer.
My mum is visiting USA- on a visitor visa. I plan to apply for her GC, 4 months after her date of arrival.
Can she legally stay beyond the the expiry of her I94 date while her GC is being decisioned/processed.
Pls advise.
if possible- if you can direct me to the official site where this info can be verified- I woudl appreciate it.
thanks much
gplkr

She will be good. As long as her application is in uscis office.I am also in the same situation, my moms I94 will expire in march 2011. I will be filing her Gc in Jan 2011. 4 mts after her arrival in to usa

For those whose case numbers appeared online - did your case number begin with MSC110xxxxxxx? I received my NOAs in the mail on 11/22/2010 but have not received biometric notice nor can I see any of my case numbers online. Application is for my mother and I am a US citizen. Filed 485/130/131/765/693/864 together and sent to Chicago lockbox.

She will be good. As long as her application is in uscis office.I am also in the same situation, my moms I94 will expire in march 2011. I will be filing her Gc in Jan 2011. 4 mts after her arrival in to usa

You folks do realize that you are publicly discussing your planned visa fraud schemes. You are making public your parents' planned fraudulent entry facilitated by their material misrepresentations in obtaining their B-2 visas from DOS and their planned lies to the CBP Inspectors.