GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

hi everybody!

I sent my IV Processing fee in Nov. 13. I received a letter fr NVC that they haven't received it but it was dated Nov. 9. Should I be worried? I tracked the package that i sent to them and they received it on Nov. 15. And still haven't received a receipt on the IV Processing Fee? I emailed the NVC but still haven't replied to my email.

Sent 130: April 07
Affidavit Nov 2007
IV PRocessing Fee: Nov 2007

Anybody who are April filers in the thread? How is it coming along?

GC Approved and Card Received

We received the I485 approval notice and the card yesterday. See below for complete timeline.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Good Luck.

Guys,
For my parents case. onlie stuts for 485/130 is showing that there case moved to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
what does this mean??. there figner priniting is alreday done and they got EAD/AP??

-this mean will they get there Green card without interview??? need some guidence??

thanks

DO office (CherriHill)
package recv date chicago P-o-BOC 130/148 23sep
FP Done 25 OCT
EAD/AP 15 Nov.
Case move to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485, i-131 questions - please help

Hi everyone,

I posted these questions on the ask your questions thread, but didn't get any response, so I thought I'd try my luck here. I would greatly appreciate any help in answering my questions

I am filing concurrent i-130/485/131 for my mother.

My mother's birth was recently recorded - instead of Non availablity they recorded her birth. Will it be a problem? Should I also submit 2 affidavits and letter from her school or should I wait for possible RFE?

For the birth affidavits, do I submit the original affidavits or copies?

Is there a format/example for the cover letter to send with the application?

Do I need to submit any docs with the I-131?

Also i-131 says to skip to part 7 if it is advanced parole, but the example form on visajourney has question 4 checked as no and question 5 checked as A. Question 5 asks where to send the AP to, so I am inclined to answer that too. Has anyone filled it? Do I also skip the part 4 where they ask the purpose of the trip and countries to visit?

Also for i-131 does it matter what I put for date and duration of travel?

I use my middle name in some places and don't in others. My naturalization cert does not have my middle name. Do I use this format in the I-130 and then put the middle name in the space for 'other names used'?

My mother's address in the i-130 and 1-485 should be listed as my US address(she is staying with me) not her overseas address, correct?

I am filling out i-864ez since I meet all the qualifying conditions. It only requires last years Tax transcript from IRS. All others like paystubs, letter from employer, previous 3 years tax returns are optional. Is there any benefit to sending the optional docs?

Thanks in advance

Immigrant Visa through CP

Hi All,
My mom's IV case was completed on Nov 29. Thanks for all the info.
Waiting for NVC to forward the case to Chennai

Hydmom

How I should do for my case?

HI,
I submitted I130 for my mother to CSC on Oct 10,2007, till now, I still didn't receive any notice form CSC and check was not cashed. I also didn't have mail track number to trace the mail. What I should do now? Resubmit ? Could somebody please give me an advice? Thanks in advance.

You don't need an affidavit from her. You need 2 affidavits from relatives/friends, preferably older than she is, and a non-availability certificate (read instructions on I-485 or I-130: If the document is not available).

Hello,
I received the non-availability letter from the municipality in India and 2 affidavits from older relatives for the birth certificate. USCIS sent us a letter asking for the same. Should I send the originals or send certified copies of these orginal affidavits and non-availabilty letter to USCIS?

Thanks.

Hard Question on I-130 Accelerated Processing

Hello.

Scenario: applied I-130 for both parents from USC son in 11/12/07 at CSC. Wife (USC) has terminal illness. Can the I-130 be accelerated or better have parents apply for tourist visa (B-2) in MNL Consulate with medical certificate and do AOS when they arrive? Has anybody done this way?

Thanks for any advise.

Mailed I-130 CSC for CP=11/12/07

Should we submit I-693 with I-485 application?

I am preparing to apply for AOS for my spouse as a U.S. citizen. I went to USCIS office and they gave me AOS packet: I-131/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131/I-693.
The question is: Do we need to send all of these forms together? The USCIS helpline told me that we don't need to send I-693 (Medical Examination). But another one said, it is a good idea to send I-693!! If we want to send I-693, it will delay us to submit the application package as we will need to get an appointment from an Immigration doctor etc.. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Non-availabity certificate -birth in chennai

where can I get non-availability certificate for birth in chennai? This is for my parents GC process.

Thanks
Kris

Hello I130 gurus,

I am getting ready to file for my mother I-130 using CP.

I have read extensively all the posts about the whole process but would really appreciate if somebody can answer these questions for me. I do not want to mess it up for my mother as she has already been denied visitor visa twice for reasons best known to US embassy in delhi.

1. My birth certificate does not have my name or mother's name on it. It just has my date of birth , time and father's name.

Q - Do I send notarized transltation of the above birth certificate along with 2 affidavits from immediate relatives (paternal uncle and aunt) as per I-130 guidlines
Q-Is above enough or do I need to send some additional documents
Q- I do not have original copy of my birth certifate- I believe i submitted it to my lawyer while doing my green card. I have photo copy. Would I need original down the line ?
Q- My mother does not have birth certificate. Is it required ? I do not see it as required document on I-130 form? WOuld it be required later on?

Any response on these questions is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Leaving the US while filing for GC

Hi all,
Once my parents arrive to the US I will apply to them for the I-130, I-485. Do they have to stay in the US Once I send out the application? They are planning to stay here for about a month and then go back home until they get called for the finger prints and then again for the interview.

My question is can they leave the US once I apply for their GC? Can I apply for the I-130 and then instead of applying for the I-485 apply for CP? How long long does it take for CP if I am able to do it?

Thanks all for your help and happy Holidays.

Although people can get away with it, it is not advisable to have them arrive here on a visitor's visa then file I-485 for them. A visitor's visa requires nonimmigrant intent, and filing an I-485 clearly contradicts that. You don't want their application to be rejected on the basis of misrepresenting their intent. Other visas such as F1 also require nonimmigrant intent, but those are less of a problem because in those cases there is usually a very long time, often years, between entering the US and filing the I-485.

And since they are planning to stay outside the US anyway while the processing is being done, they should go for consular processing.

Once the I-130 is approved, consular processing generally takes between a month and a year, depending on the country in which it is being done. Contact the US embassy in your country for details.

However, note that once the I-130 is filed, it will become difficult for them to get a visitor's visa (if they don't have one already), and if they already have one, they may be rejected at the port of entry if the officer knows about the I-130 application (as that is evidence of immigrant intent).

Parent Overstayed In the Past

Hello all,

I need feedback from anyone. I got my citizenship two months ago. I intend to petition both my father and mother. My father overstayed in the US for several years, but that was more that 10 years ago. And he went back to the Philippines. Will this be a problem when I file a petition? I have couple more questions:

1. We fill out separate forms for each parent? (father/mother)
2. I have sister who is 16 yrs old. Will she automatically included by default with my petition for my parents? Or should I file a separate petition for her.

Thank you!

I-130 for Parents

Hello all,

I need feedback from anyone. I got my citizenship two months ago. I intend to petition both my father and mother.

1. We fill out separate forms for each parent? (father/mother)
2. I have sister who is 16 yrs old. Will she automatically included by default with my petition for my parents? Or should I file a separate petition for her.

Thank you!

You need separate forms I-130 for each parent. You can mail them both in one envelope and make sure you separate the apps w/ documents with a clip. No staples. In that way, USCIS can process them concurrently.

Your sister should be able to join your parents when the visa is approved. No need to file a separate petition. Info about your sister is in your completed I-130.

Best of Luck.

Please do not provide incorrect information. Jerryrard's parents will be classified as immediate relatives. Thus there are no derivative benefits. Hence the 16 year old sister will not be able to get a GC as a dependent. The sister either has to be sponsored independently by Jerryrard, or the parents have to sponsor her once they get their own GC and establish residency in the US.

Your sister should be able to join your parents when the visa is approved. No need to file a separate petition.

GC for Parents vs visitor visa

Hi folks,

I recently became Citizen of US. My father has 10 year multiple entry visitor visa and has visited US before. Due to certain conditions in family, we want our dad to come and live with us in US asap. What is advisable?

a) Should he come on visitor visa and we can apply for his GC while he is in US?

b) Should we apply for his GC and go through consular process? This will take about 9 months (based on other posts)..

Please suggest immediately.

Thanks