GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Yes..
If you are filing for both your parents, then you have to make two seperate packages one for your dad and one for mom. All required copies should be enclosed in each package, with required fees in one check--- I mean one check in your Dad's package and one in your mom's---. Both their petitions will be adjudicated as two different beneficiaries. Not as a family.

Good Luck

Good luck

Friends
thanks alot for above guidence.now i am in final process to compling the (AOS) package for my parents.need more clarification.

my apologies in advance if u thing below is an stupid question.

-how shoud I put photo graps. attach speratly with each application. or just put all of them in one pouch.??

-can u please explain what do u mean by package. do you mean put them in two seprate envelops and then mail then togather.

thanks a lot again for your prompt help.

Kind regards

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents' I-94 expired on 9/14. We applied for extension at end of July and got the rejection letter on 9/15. I will get my citizenship on 9/19. I am wondering if they can still apply for AOS as usual? Does anybody had or have heard of similar cases? Both my parents and I are very upset now. Really appreciate for your help.

My parents' I-94 expired on 9/14. We applied for extension at end of July and got the rejection letter on 9/15. I will get my citizenship on 9/19. I am wondering if they can still apply for AOS as usual? Does anybody had or have heard of similar cases? Both my parents and I are very upset now. Really appreciate for your help.
Yes, they can!

Friends
thanks alot for above guidence.now i am in final process to compling the (AOS) package for my parents.need more clarification.

my apologies in advance if u thing below is an stupid question.

-how shoud I put photo graps. attach speratly with each application. or just put all of them in one pouch.??

-can u please explain what do u mean by package. do you mean put them in two seprate envelops and then mail then togather.

thanks a lot again for your prompt help.

Kind regards
This should help you: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Can my Mom stay in USA legally

Hi. Thanks to immigration.com in advance. My Mom is currently in USA on multiple visitor visa. Her I-94 is expiring in a month. We have applied for GC application for my Mom. We are yet to receive the receipt. We applied I-130 with I-485 and other applications required. Can she legally stay in USA, since we applied for GC. Or, after what stage in GC, can she stay legally in USA? Thank you for your help.

Hi. Thanks to immigration.com in advance. My Mom is currently in USA on multiple visitor visa. Her I-94 is expiring in a month. We have applied for GC application for my Mom. We are yet to receive the receipt. We applied I-130 with I-485 and other applications required. Can she legally stay in USA, since we applied for GC.
Yes, pending I-485 gives one a legal status.

Questions reg filing for parents GC

Background: My parents are currently residing in Abu Dhabi, UAE. They both have 10 years visitor visa for USA.
1- if we want to process my mom’s GC in USA, Is it necessary that my Mom be present in USA when I file the petition?
2- How much time it will take normally to get the petition approved?
3- In order to gain time, If I file the petition in advance while Mom is still outside USA, will she be able to enter USA on her existing nonimmigrant visitor visa?
4- After getting the petition approval, we suppose that the next step will be for her to file her GC application for which she must be present in USA. Is it correct?
5- We also assume that the petition , GC application and I-131 all can be filed together to save time – Is it true?

6- how soon can she apply for the I -131 application for advance parole to come out of USA on a valid reason ( Is visiting the husband’s work place to join him, considered a geuine valid reason for this purpose?).

7- What is the time taken for getting the I-131 approval, and then once she gets I-131 approved, what is the earliest stage, when she can actually travel to go out of USA? Is it possible that immediately after applying for her GC, she can travel out of USA and return before the GC is approved to complete the balance process of getting SSN, Insurance etc?

8- How soon after applying for her GC, can she get her Social Security Number, Health Insurance cover, Driving License, bank account etc. ? can some of this be done in advance while the GC application is under process or does she have twait until she gets the GC aproved?

9- What is the fastest route for her which u can advise?

Thanks in advance,
KG

Date/Place of last entry

I'm currently preparing I-485 for my parents. I have questions to Part 1 'Date of last arrival' and Part 3 'Place of last entry to the united states'.
My parents arrived on 6/19 in NJ. Then they traveled to Canada for 2 months and returned on 9/12 in Chicago (however, they went through US custom in Canada airport). There was no new I-94 issued. What do I use for 'Date of last arrival' and 'Place of last entry'? If I use 9/12 arrival date, do I put Canada city as the 'Place of last entry'? Please help.
Thanks.

Guys,
please help me out I need your adivce in below queries

1) I-485- Part2 which option i need to check .(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h...???)

regards

I have the same question, could someone who filed 485 for your parents please answer the question?

I-485 Denied for My Mother

Hi Filled I-130 and I-485 BACK IN June 2005 in Chicago her I-130 is approved but we recently recieved an Letter stating that we did not provide RFE . Theysaid they mailed out the letter which we did not get anyways long story short rather then spending $585 for MTR I want to refile is that a good idea ?

Do you think we will need to wait again 2 more years for this approval ?

Thanks

All these questions have been answered in this forum including on the first page of this thread. Anyway, the answers are in bold
Background: My parents are currently residing in Abu Dhabi, UAE. They both have 10 years visitor visa for USA.
1- if we want to process my mom’s GC in USA, Is it necessary that my Mom be present in USA when I file the petition?
For adjustment of status (AOS) and to file I485 she needs to be in USA. You can do consular processing (CP), if she is outside USA.
2- How much time it will take normally to get the petition approved?
Depends on the service center, 3-6 months.
3- In order to gain time, If I file the petition in advance while Mom is still outside USA, will she be able to enter USA on her existing nonimmigrant visitor visa?
You will be taking a chance. One should not enter US on a non immigrant visa with an immigrant intent. That said, people have done it. However, you should be prepared to be sent back from port of entry.
4- After getting the petition approval, we suppose that the next step will be for her to file her GC application for which she must be present in USA. Is it correct?
Yes. However, if she is in US, I130 and I485 package can be filed together
5- We also assume that the petition , GC application and I-131 all can be filed together to save time – Is it true?
Yes.
6- how soon can she apply for the I -131 application for advance parole to come out of USA on a valid reason ( Is visiting the husband’s work place to join him, considered a geuine valid reason for this purpose?).
You can file it alongwith I485.
7- What is the time taken for getting the I-131 approval, and then once she gets I-131 approved, what is the earliest stage, when she can actually travel to go out of USA? Is it possible that immediately after applying for her GC, she can travel out of USA and return before the GC is approved to complete the balance process of getting SSN, Insurance etc?
It depends, 3-4 months. Please check USCIS processing timelines.
She needs to be in US for fingerprints (towards the beginning of process) and for interview (at the end of process).

8- How soon after applying for her GC, can she get her Social Security Number, Health Insurance cover, Driving License, bank account etc. ? can some of this be done in advance while the GC application is under process or does she have twait until she gets the GC aproved?
SSN can be obtained after I765 (Employment authorization)
9- What is the fastest route for her which u can advise?
Right now AOS is moving faster than CP.
Thanks in advance,
KG

Good luck!

I sent my parents' GC application (I-130, I-485) to Chicago Lockbox via EMS on 9/20, and was told by the post office received on 9/21. Have not got any receipt yet. Check not cashed yet. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

I sent my parents' GC application (I-130, I-485) to Chicago Lockbox via EMS on 9/20, and was told by the post office received on 9/21. Have not got any receipt yet. Check not cashed yet. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

For parents, you just mailed 130 and 485 with supporting documents, no need to file 325, 864 and 693?

Thanks.

File after I-94 expiration and checks

Hi friends!

Excited to have found this forum! I am filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently for my mom. I have a few questions:
1. My mom's I-94 expired on Apr 2004. Can I stil file I-485 for her? If so, is there any extra step we need to take, like pay a fee or file an extra form? Anybody has similiar experience?
2. Everybody is talking to include only one check, so I need write one check of (355+930+80)=1365 instead of writing two checks of 355 and 1010(930+80) each? It is expensive now!

I appreciate your time and your help to answer my questions!

Best wishes,
Jason

filed formi-130 for my brothers

I got citizenship in june. I filed I-130 for my brothers around august end. I didnot get any receipt from USCIS. My check is not cashed.

Is it normal? what should I do?

Thanks

Hi friends!

Excited to have found this forum! I am filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently for my mom. I have a few questions:
1. My mom's I-94 expired on Apr 2004. Can I stil file I-485 for her?
Yes.
If so, is there any extra step we need to take, like pay a fee or file an extra form? Anybody has similiar experience?
No, no extra forms or fees.
2. Everybody is talking to include only one check, so I need write one check of (355+930+80)=1365 instead of writing two checks of 355 and 1010(930+80) each? It is expensive now!
I don't think it matters as long as they get the right amount. However, it used to be one check for each form, so I would think you need to write 2 checks.

I got citizenship in june. I filed I-130 for my brothers around august end. I didnot get any receipt from USCIS. My check is not cashed.

Is it normal? what should I do?

Thanks
It probably is.
You said you filed for your brothers. That means you filed two I-130s, right? And, of course, wrote 2 checks?