GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

thanks a lot for replying.

would really appreciate if you adv on below.

I-130 and I-485 are asking for parents marriage certificate. Do i need to put 2seprate copies of marriage certificate (true translation)with (AOS) pacakge or just one sould be enough.

thanks a lot again for point the right direction.

thanks/kab901

Interviewed in Mumbai, asked to submit missing paperwork - Please advise.

Hello all,

so my parents went for their interviews today. My mother had extended her stay past the six month mark back in 2004, and we had not included the B1/B2 approval paper from the Immigration Department so they have asked her to submit it. Otherwise everything else was in order, and the Officer wrote down the missing information needed on a form, gave it to them, told them to submit it as soon as possible to the Kolkata office, and they will get their visa. He said they will not need to return to the Mumbai office. He also returned their bank drafts.

Should I be concerned? I did locate the approved letter and have fed-exed it to my parents, so they should have it by the end of the week. I am worried that they were sent back.

Thanks,

D.

would really appreciate if you adv on below.

I-130 and I-485 are asking for parents marriage certificate. Do i need to put 2 seperate copies of marriage certificate (true translation)with (AOS) pacakge or just one sould be enough.

thanks a lot again for point the right direction.

thanks/kab901

Yes..
If you are filing for both your parents, then you have to make two seperate packages one for your dad and one for mom. All required copies should be enclosed in each package, with required fees in one check--- I mean one check in your Dad's package and one in your mom's---. Both their petitions will be adjudicated as two different beneficiaries. Not as a family.

Good Luck

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day friends,
Need your expert guidence again.I am about to file for my parents(AOS). kindly advice your input.

-I-485- Part2 which option i need to check .(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h...???)
-I-765 qestion 16 Eligiblity categories. what I need to put is it (C 9) for parents??

need help !!

Guys,
please help me out I need your adivce in below queries

1) I-485- Part2 which option i need to check .(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h...???)

2) I-765 qestion 16 Eligiblity categories. what I need to put is it (C 9) for parents??

thanks a lot for your help and time

regards

Yes..
If you are filing for both your parents, then you have to make two seperate packages one for your dad and one for mom. All required copies should be enclosed in each package, with required fees in one check--- I mean one check in your Dad's package and one in your mom's---. Both their petitions will be adjudicated as two different beneficiaries. Not as a family.

Good Luck
Good luck
-kindly correct me if am getting wronge.we will make 2 separate packages but mail them toagther in same evnelop.
-I need to make 2 checks( 130 +485) which is 335 +1010$ for each pacakge.

Guys,

2) I-765 qestion 16 Eligiblity categories. what I need to put is it (C 9) for parents??

regards

Guys ,
kindly help me out.I depsreatly need your inupt ref to above.

thanks

Fees

The latest instructions say:

Special Instructions :

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for advance parole on Form I-131 and/or employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-131 and I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-131 and/or I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-131 and/or I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of the receipt for your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, as evidence of the filing of an I-485.

So If I apply now for parents I-485, I don't need to pay extra fees for I-131, I-765. Right?

I-130 is approved.

Guys,

regards

friends . i would really appreciate if you advice your valueable input. i despreatly need some direction.sorry for asking this again.

regards

I-485

friends . i would really appreciate if you advice your valueable input. i despreatly need some direction.sorry for asking this again.

regards

I don't know about I-765, but I can answer your question for I-485. Part 2, you need to check 'a' for your parents petition, since you will mail I-130 at the same time.

brc465

My mother's I94 will expire on Oct. 10th. I am planning to file I130/I485/I864 concurrently in next 2 days. Is this enough or do I need to file an extension of I94?

UPDATE on my father's case

As many of you know, my father's name check was pending for more than 2 years. In June, I sent a letter to Mrs. Bush asking for her help. In exactly 2 months, my father's name check was finally completed. :)
The online status still shows pending. I am hoping to get his green card by the end of this month.
I'll keep you posted.
Good luck to everyone who's in name check limbo!

Hi all,

Here's the timeline for my parents (my US Citizen sister applied for them):

Mailed two sets of concurrent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-130 (one for each parent) to Vermont on 6/25/07. Form specified that Maryland residents send it there.

07/12 : RD for I-130/I-485/I-765/I-130. Notice said all petitions were at National Benefits Center
07/19 : FP notice
08/04 : FP completed in Baltimore
09/03 : Rcvd notice saying that I-130/I-485 petitions were transferred to CA
09/07 : Recvd I-130 approval notice email

Does anyone have anything to share about what the next pattern of events we should expect?
I've been on trackitt.com but didn't see a column for I-130 approval date, and was wondering if there was any significance to it?

Thanks!

I130Approved in 5 weeks

Hi All,
My Mom I 130 was approved within five weeks.I applied for CP .
ND-07/19/07
Approval notice-08/23/07
I have an important question ,Please reply.Unfortunately my mom was diagonised with Cancer and treatment is in progress.Will this stop getting green card.
Is there a service in India to get PCC and Non Availability birth certificate
Does my mom has to submit Marriage certificate and Non availability of this certificate eventhough my father expired.

Thanks
HydMom

Parents' green cardss approved

Hi all,

Here's the timeline for my parents (my US Citizen sister applied for them):

Mailed two sets of concurrent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-130 (one for each parent) to Vermont on 6/25/07. Form specified that Maryland residents send it there.

07/12 : RD for I-130/I-485/I-765/I-130. Notice said all petitions were at National Benefits Center
07/19 : FP notice
08/04 : FP completed in Baltimore
09/03 : Rcvd notice saying that I-130/I-485 petitions were transferred to CA
09/07 : Recvd I-130 approval notice email

Does anyone have anything to share about what the next pattern of events we should expect?
I've been on trackitt.com but didn't see a column for I-130 approval date, and was wondering if there was any significance to it?

Thanks!

Anwering my own question, in case this helps anyone!! Both I-485s got the card-production-ordered message, 3 days after the I-130 was approved. No interview.

rvb,

Congrats!! My parents' case got transferred to CA on 9/06 so I'm just a few days behind you (My RD is 7/16) --- soo I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everything to go smoothly!

Congrats again!

As many of you know, my father's name check was pending for more than 2 years. In June, I sent a letter to Mrs. Bush asking for her help. In exactly 2 months, my father's name check was finally completed. :)
The online status still shows pending. I am hoping to get his green card by the end of this month.
I'll keep you posted.
Good luck to everyone who's in name check limbo!

Anahit,

Congratulations!:) Great news! That was quite a wait!

Hi All,
My Mom I 130 was approved within five weeks.I applied for CP .
ND-07/19/07
Approval notice-08/23/07
I have an important question ,Please reply.Unfortunately my mom was diagonised with Cancer and treatment is in progress.Will this stop getting green card.
Is there a service in India to get PCC and Non Availability birth certificate
Does my mom has to submit Marriage certificate and Non availability of this certificate eventhough my father expired.

Thanks
HydMom

Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she feels better soon.

In order to get the certificates, there are local agents in different places. You can try services of 'yourmaninindia.com'

Ragarding marriage certificate, please refer to experience of "jyotsnar" and other users.