GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

hi all,
please clarify my doubts
1. I Submitted affidavits(affidavit from my grandfather and affidavit from my mother) and NOn availability certificates for my greencard process,I submmitted originals at that time,my greencard was approved.Now I am applying I 130 for my Mother(my father passed away).I have only copies of those affidavits and non availability.Can I submit the copies for my mom's I 130.

2.My mom went to muncipal office and they said they can issue a birth certificate now.Is that BC valid now as the issuance date is current date.

3.Can i submit the BC now for my mom I 130 though i submitted Affidavit and Non availability certificate for my greencard process.

PLease clarify my doubts

Regards
Hydmom

I would think a BC would definitely be better than affidavits, especially if the affidavit has been signed by the beneficiary (your mother) herself. I don't think issuance date is important, since the certificate is from the municipality, and shows that they have your birth recorded.

hi all,
please clarify my doubts
1. I Submitted affidavits(affidavit from my grandfather and affidavit from my mother) and NOn availability certificates for my greencard process,I submmitted originals at that time,my greencard was approved.Now I am applying I 130 for my Mother(my father passed away).I have only copies of those affidavits and non availability.Can I submit the copies for my mom's I 130.

2.My mom went to muncipal office and they said they can issue a birth certificate now.Is that BC valid now as the issuance date is current date.

3.Can i submit the BC now for my mom I 130 though i submitted Affidavit and Non availability certificate for my greencard process.

PLease clarify my doubts

Regards
Hydmom

I am not sure whether USCIS is going to cross check or not. However, submitting NAC (+ affidavits) before and submitting BC now is not consistent. It raises question about the validity of NAC that was submitted before.

I would suggest, getting new affidavits from 2 people (other than your mother, who is now beneficiary of petition) and sumitting them with NAC.

Just in case, it is not issuance date of the BC but when birth was recorded is of significance. A good BC will have the record date. USCIS prefers a BC with record date close to the birth date (within 6 months or so). Issue date can be anything, since one can obtain as many original copies of BC throughout the years.

Thank You Jyotsnar and VisaApplicant for replies Submitting new affidavits and NAC is a better option .Do you think I should submit my marriage certificate with the application beacause my last name is changed after the marriage.

Thanks for replies

Thank You Jyotsnar and VisaApplicant for replies Submitting new affidavits and NAC is a better option .Do you think I should submit my marriage certificate with the application beacause my last name is changed after the marriage.

Thanks for replies

Yes. I think in required documents, it asks you to submit marriage certificate in case of name change.

TATKAAL Scheme - PP Reissue for UN-EXPIRED passport

My parents' passports are expiring in Sep 07. I am about to mail the ds3032 agent form to nvc signed by my parents. I am trying to find out if I can obtain passports re issued for my parents through Tatkaal scheme. I need it soon because I am not sure when they will be called for the interview, I am thinking probably in less than 3 months from now.

Definition of Reissue states shows that unexpired passports fall into the category whereas Tatkaal document shows that expired passports can use this scheme for reissue process....

Any light on this is appreciated. Any one on the same boat ? Thanks in advance.

I 130 for Brother

I am applying for my Brothers Green Card since I am now a US Citizen.
My brother is on a H1 VIsa and is working in USA.

I had some questions:
I am following the same process of forms I 130, I 1485 (AOS), Medical Exam,
G 325-A, I 864.

Since he has a valid H1 Visa should be apply for I 131 (parole) to go outside the country.

Also, for the I 864 since he is working he should be really showing his income and W2's, IRS Tax Transcripts correct?

Is there anything else I am missing?

I know his file is going to take a while but I wanted to get it in the works.
Please help me.

Thanks

YahooGuy

I had some questions:
G 325-A, I 864.

Since he has a valid H1 Visa should be apply for I 131 (parole) to go outside the country.

Also, for the I 864 since he is working he should be really showing his income and W2's, IRS Tax Transcripts correct?

Please help me.

Thanks

YahooGuy

You can file I130 now. I485 package can only be filed when a visa number is available for his category (sibling of USC) per the visa bulletin. Current wait time is 10-12 years.

Check your own threads!

I had some questions:
G 325-A, I 864.

Please help me.

Thanks

YahooGuy

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1531776#post1531776

I wanted to apply soon for my brothers who are here on H1. I'm wondering if filing an I130 for them will give them a problem in the future getting h1 extensions or h1 visa stamped or the like?

Is it advisable to get the document filed given the 10-12 year wait? Or should I wait till my parents become citizens and have them file at that time?

Ofcourse ideally, their companies will hopefully sponsor them before that.

Thanks!

Please help.

I sent Affidavit of support form to following address via UPS express mail. They told me no one was available to receive package and they left NOTICE. They will try one more time and will return package to sender.
SHOULD I SEND in regular mail if package returned
I sent affidavitive of support to
Att: CMR
National Visa Center
32 Rochester Ave
Portsmouthm NH
03801-2909

2nd question is last 4 digit on envelope is 2901 and letter I received is 2909. Do you know which one is correct? Please advise.

Thanks

Please help.

I sent Affidavit of support form to following address via UPS express mail. They told me no one was available to receive package and they left NOTICE. They will try one more time and will return package to sender.
SHOULD I SEND in regular mail if package returned
I sent affidavitive of support to
Att: CMR
National Visa Center
32 Rochester Ave
Portsmouthm NH
03801-2909

2nd question is last 4 digit on envelope is 2901 and letter I received is 2909. Do you know which one is correct? Please advise.

Thanks

I sent all the stuff to NVC either by Priority mail (with tracking) or certified mail. Per the advice/experience from other posters this is preferable when sending stuff to USCIS and NVC. It is cheaper, allows tracking and is delivered in the first attempt.

I had also noticed the discrepancy in the PO Box number in letter and on the envelope. Either should be fine. I think I used the one in the letter and wrote NVC address on my envelope that I used. I did not use the envelope NVC provided since the two (both parents) I864 packets became quite bulky.

hi all,
this thread was very helpful. I want to share one more information.
I applied for my mom for AOS since she is here on visitor visa. I applied I130, I485 concurrently. Mom got FP letter last week. When we went for FP, the officer told my mom to remove her nose ring. My mom could not able to remove it there so the officer told us to comeback at any time after she removes that. My mom is from india. I just want to give this information so that people can be aware.

One more thing, we live in viginia, my moms I130, I485 receipt letter says her application is sent to California Service Center for speedy approval. I was under impression that her application will be sent to vermont service center?
Is this normal? Please clarify?

To AshburnKid

Now a days it is sent to CSC for fast approval. You are lucky..Most probably
there wont be an interview..Direct Approval.

My mom had the same issue with her nose ring in Alexandria, VA...:)

Can you please post your timelines...Looks like our case is still with MSC.

Thanks.

What do you think?

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here. This is the situation with me:
I am a US citizen, my father is currently in US, I submitted I-130 (only, not with I-485, didn't realize I can file concurrently) for my father on January 22 to Nebraska Service Center, I got the receipt on Jan. 30th. Now two and half months passed, we haven't heard any updates from USCIS yet. My father's visa will be expired on May.6, I still want him to stay in US to wait for his green card, after talking to people, my understanding is I will have two options:
1). Submit I-485 for him now with I-130 receipt, but I-485 will be submitted to a different service center(Chicago), which may delay his GC approval.
2). Re-submit a new I-130 concurrently with I-485, cancel the original I-130, I guess which will be faster.

Now my questions is: if you were me, which option would you gurus prefer? I actually prefer the second option(because it's faster,if I'm not wrong), but I'm not sure if I can cacel the first I-130, if I can, when I file the new I-130, there will be question asking me "if my father ever applied GC before or not", how should I answer that? Should I give the answer yes? And how should I tell the reason for canceling the first I-130?

I'm now very confused, please shed some lights on me.

Thanks a lot.

Wow that was fast...

Received the I-130 approval for one of my parents today. She is currently outside the US, so we'll be going CP route, but even so, 3 weeks seems like some sort of record for USCIS!

Received: 3/16/07
I-130 approved: 4/4/07

Lets hope the rest of the process goes this smoothly.

Received the I-130 approval for one of my parents today. She is currently outside the US, so we'll be going CP route, but even so, 3 weeks seems like some sort of record for USCIS!

Received: 3/16/07
I-130 approved: 4/4/07

Lets hope the rest of the process goes this smoothly.

Congrats! Can you tell us where did you apply? Which Service Ceter?

I-130 NOA question, please help

I received I-797 NOA for I-130 petition for my mom. I noticed that on the petitioner box, they put my A# instead of my natualization number. I can not sponsor my mom unless I am a citizen. I hope it is not a mistake made by them.

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here. This is the situation with me:
I am a US citizen, my father is currently in US, I submitted I-130 (only, not with I-485, didn't realize I can file concurrently) for my father on January 22 to Nebraska Service Center, I got the receipt on Jan. 30th. Now two and half months passed, we haven't heard any updates from USCIS yet. My father's visa will be expired on May.6, I still want him to stay in US to wait for his green card, after talking to people, my understanding is I will have two options:
1). Submit I-485 for him now with I-130 receipt, but I-485 will be submitted to a different service center(Chicago), which may delay his GC approval.
2). Re-submit a new I-130 concurrently with I-485, cancel the original I-130, I guess which will be faster.

Now my questions is: if you were me, which option would you gurus prefer? I actually prefer the second option(because it's faster,if I'm not wrong), but I'm not sure if I can cacel the first I-130, if I can, when I file the new I-130, there will be question asking me "if my father ever applied GC before or not", how should I answer that? Should I give the answer yes? And how should I tell the reason for canceling the first I-130?

I'm now very confused, please shed some lights on me.

Thanks a lot.
Why do you think it would be faster to file another I-130 w/ I-485? Just because they would be filed together to Chicago Lock Box? Maybe, I don't know. I don't think it's going to make a big difference, however.
I would choose the first option, and include a copy of I-130 filed with a receipt notice.