GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

I received I-797 NOA for I-130 petition for my mom. I noticed that on the petitioner box, they put my A# instead of my natualization number. I can not sponsor my mom unless I am a citizen. I hope it is not a mistake made by them.
No, it's not a mistake. They would recognize you by your A#, which, by the way, is on your naturalization certificate. ;)

Thanks VisaApplicant,

Will I receive DS-230 Part I or they will instuct me to download from Website like DS3032

Best Regards

No, it's not a mistake. They would recognize you by your A#, which, by the way, is on your naturalization certificate. ;)

Yes - they did the same on my petition, and apparently it didn't slow it up at all.

------------------
Received: 3/16/07
I-130 approved: 4/4/07

Thanks VisaApplicant,

Will I receive DS-230 Part I or they will instuct me to download from Website like DS3032

Best Regards

They will send you DS 230 part 1. However, unlike DS3032, there is no barcode printed on DS230. Instead there is a separate barcode sheet which you will put on top of completed DS230 part 1 and send it back to NVC.

NVC advises not to use downloaded DS230. However myself and others in this forum have used downloaded DS230 from (to save time) without problem. We printed it on 2 sided sheet and made sure that it was same version that we received from NVC. I mailed downloaded form to parents in advance and had it ready with their signatures by the time I received packet from NVC. Please refer to threads in consular forum. It will be your decision whether to use downloaded from or not.

received my I-797C today for an I-130 I filed for my mother. There is no A number in the Petitioner box. Is this a problem?

Parents non-availability certificates - birth and marriage

Hi all,
Am in the procees of preparing the paperwork for sponsoring my parents (India) GC. Their passports currently show only Districts as their place of birth and they do not have their official birth and marriage certs. Question is: When I request the non-availability certs from the villages where they were born and married, the village name will obviously be mentioned, will this cause a problem? Please help! Thanks in advance.

G-325a

Hi everybody!

I received my packet of I-130 forms in the mail from the Immigration, but inside there is a form G-325A, Biographic information. Do I need to send that out together with the I-130? Just a little confused, since it didn't say anything about it on Form I-130.

Thanks for all the help.

Hi everybody!

I received my packet of I-130 forms in the mail from the Immigration, but inside there is a form G-325A, Biographic information. Do I need to send that out together with the I-130? Just a little confused, since it didn't say anything about it on Form I-130.

Thanks for all the help.

Why would you order the forms through mail instead of printing them from www.uscis.gov, or, what's better, fill them out on-line and then print the forms. :confused:
Who are you sponsoring? If it's your parent(s) you don't need an I-325A with I-130. If it's your spouse, then you do.

thanks for the reply anahit

I downloaded them online, but I just wanna make sure that it is the right revision (i know i know, even though i downloaded them in the INS website). Better sure than having the forms return since it was the wrong one.

I had that problem before, that they sent me back the form since it was wrong revision.

I am petitioning for my parents. They are in another country.

Cool, one less form to fill out right now and more to come.

thanks again

Question-whether AOS or CP

Hi,

My parents are currently in the US visiting us. However they are scheduled to go back to India in the first week of June. My brother is an US citizen and planning to sponsor them. However I am a little confused as to the process for this. This is my understanding- since they will go back to India in a month and a half, we should go the CP route. However, if they are planning to be in the US on a visitors visa, they should do the AOS route. Is this a correct understanding??

Any help is more than welcome!!

Thanks.

Hi,

My parents are currently in the US visiting us. However they are scheduled to go back to India in the first week of June. My brother is an US citizen and planning to sponsor them. However I am a little confused as to the process for this. This is my understanding- since they will go back to India in a month and a half, we should go the CP route. However, if they are planning to be in the US on a visitors visa, they should do the AOS route. Is this a correct understanding??

Any help is more than welcome!!

Thanks.
Yes, if they go back they will go through CP, and if they decide not to go back, they are eligible for AOS.

Yes, if they go back they will go through CP, and if they decide not to go back, they are eligible for AOS.

Thanks for the response. So if they are applying for AOS, can they go back to India using Advance Parole?? In that case, when their date is current, they would have to be in the US. Is that true?

Original copy or not?

Can someone share the experience about whether to send original copies for supporting documents such as birth certificate etc (for I130/I485)? I remember for my own GC the lawyer only sent photocopies.

Can someone share the experience about whether to send original copies for supporting documents such as birth certificate etc (for I130/I485)? I remember for my own GC the lawyer only sent photocopies.
Read the instructions on the forms!

Done that and it says 'Copy of ...' but saw on other boards that original copies need to be sent. Could you confirm your standing on this?
You've got the instructions telling you to send copies of documents, you've got your own experience sending photocopies of documents for your GC... to me, that should be planty to doubt what you read on the other boards.
Good luck!

Hey guys,
I have a question relating to Family category immigration.
If a naturilized US citizen wants to petition for his/her parents and other siblings such as brother/sister.How long does it usually take to get their papers in order?How many years?
I know it takes a long time,I just want to know more details.
Some additional info,parents together with siblings are in the US,in other words they don't have to get immigrant visa to get into the country, all they have to do is adjust their status.
thanks in advance.