GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hi Everyone!
I have been looking around for some answer to my question and I am overwhemed of all the infos that are here. Can someone help me?
My question is regarding the AOS for IR petition for my husband.
I recently became a citizen and I got my husband's petition upgrade to IR and received a letter from NVC for the approval and the upgrade. NVC also sent me a copy of that AOS bill which I already paid for last week. With that AOS form, it asks for a 3 year IRS return which I don't have. I only filled for last year and not 2 years before that because I did not work during those years. My income is above that poverty chart. My question is, do they really need that 3 year IRS trasnscript? and do I need to have a joint AOS with my parents? I really want to do this on my own and I don't have a problem asking my parents to help me with it.
Please advice.

Thank you!

Current requirement is 1 yr tax return with I864. Please refer to I864 instructions. However in the form you have to fill out income for 3 years.

I am applying a green card for my mother. She is currently in US with me. I filed I-130 which was approved separately with I-485. I even have sent out I-485 for her a couple of days ago. But I received DS-3032 from Department of State yesterday. Are all cases(adjustment of status and consular processing) forward to National Visa Center or only those for Consular Processing? I specified that she will not use Consular Processing in I-130. What steps do I need to take if it is a mistake that the case was forward to National Visa Center?

Thank you very much.

NVC is only for consular processing.

Since you did not file concurrently, as a routine procedure, your approved I130 was sent to NVC for next steps with CP. Eventhough you indicated AOS on I130.

Since you file I485 and you are moving forward with AOS, you may want to inform NVC that you are doing AOS.

You may want to refer to this thread
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=217317

Please help

Q 1. Do I need send only one 1-864 fee, 70 dollars for my Dad and Mom.

Q.2 I did receive form DS-3032 but it does not say its copy. Do I need to sign as applicant and return because my parents are in INDIA or send this form to India for my parents to sign & return to NVC.

Q3. Will my parents receive DS-3032?

Thanks

Current requirement is 1 yr tax return with I864. Please refer to I864 instructions. However in the form you have to fill out income for 3 years.

Thanks! But that got me all confused...It says I can have like a written statement stating the reason why I did not file for the other years. Do you suggest that I should include my parents with that AOS?

Please help

Q 1. Do I need send only one 1-864 fee, 70 dollars for my Dad and Mom.

Q.2 I did receive form DS-3032 but it does not say its copy. Do I need to sign as applicant and return because my parents are in INDIA or send this form to India for my parents to sign & return to NVC.

Q3. Will my parents receive DS-3032?

Thanks

1. Yes, only one $70 for Mom and Dad. It is in the instructions

2. If you filed I130 for parents, you are the petitioner. Your parents are the applicants. They need to sign DS3032. They can assign you as agent.

3. Yes. But you can fax, pdf/email or mail the one you received to them. When they sign, you need to send to NVC the one with their original/physical signatures. Photocopied signatures are not allowed.

Thanks! But that got me all confused...It says I can have like a written statement stating the reason why I did not file for the other years. Do you suggest that I should include my parents with that AOS?

I am not sure about your situation. Maybe someone else can help.

Even if you did not work in prior two years, you maybe required to file tax return. The instructions on pg 8 say that "if you were not required to file under US tax law, .... attach a written explanation". So you can do that. Or you can have your parents as co-sponsor. It is your decision.

If they say im not qualified, will they let me know and also, will they let me reconsider and put my parents as co-sponsor or do I have to start all over again?

Hello everyone,

I hava a question about I-130. I am a US citizen trying to file for my parents. Can my minor siblings (under 21) join them or I have to file separate for them?

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I hava a question about I-130. I am a US citizen trying to file for my parents. Can my minor siblings (under 21) join them or I have to file separate for them?

Thanks.
I-130 for a parent doesn't have any beneficiaries. Even a spouse cannot be a beneficiary. You need to file a separate I-130 for each parent.
It would be faster if your parents apply fo their children after they get their green cards.

Thank you, visaaplicant,

May you be blessed more for your generosity in assisting helpless petitioners like me.

Suns1

It should be fine. If the interview is on April 16, they may want to see 2006 tax return. Although it is borderline, if you filed on April 15 in USA (granted deadline is on April 17), your parents cannot be expected to have your return in Manilla the next day.

Now you have already filed your return, so it is your decision (or consulate's requirement) whether you want to submit 2006 return. I do not think unemployment comp is a big issue given your recent and past salary history. But then it is upto the consulate. Maybe someone else can comment.

You definitely should send paystubs, employment letter etc. to make I864 current. Also check with/refer to posts by "abs49080" whose parents did CP in Manilla.

Good luck!

Visaaplicant,

Do you know if one is allowed to use a co-sponsor for consular IR5?
I'm nervous.
We know how our parents are considered "geriatric people" / elderly people.

Thank you.

Suns1

I am not sure about your situation. Maybe someone else can help.

Even if you did not work in prior two years, you maybe required to file tax return. The instructions on pg 8 say that "if you were not required to file under US tax law, .... attach a written explanation". So you can do that. Or you can have your parents as co-sponsor. It is your decision.

I believe that's what NVC advises. However, per the advice from other posters, we are following the instructions from the US consulate where my parents will be interviewed. This is important because in CP at standard review consulates ( NOT in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa), officer in the consulate will make a decision whether documents are adequate and it is better to follow their instructions. Per Mumbai consulate, we need PCC from passport office and police station with jurisdiction over current place of residence.

You should check your consulate's website and/or ask them. If you are interviewing at consulates in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa; you would have to follow NVC's instructions.

my parents stayed at 8 provinces. We submitted 8 police certificates at NVC. its required. NVC has completed their cases.

Consular Processing in Philippines

My parents are scheduled for Manila Embassy Interview this April 2007.
NVC completed their cases last January 2007.

Can someone share their experiences regarding the Interview?
Other than the birth certificate of the petitioner, what were the other proofs of relationship asked for?

What kinds of questions were asked from the petitioner or from parents?
What documents were asked for by manila embassy? (I believe, we submitted almost everything to NVC).

Thanks so much. My mom and dad are very nervous........
They have legal papers.
And I'm their real daughter of course.

I'm planning to accompany them for the Interview.
Mom does not speak English.

Thanks so much for your help.

Visaaplicant,

Do you know if one is allowed to use a co-sponsor for consular IR5?
I'm nervous.
We know how our parents are considered "geriatric people" / elderly people.

Thank you.

Suns1

Suns1,

I would think that if someone wants to use a co-sponsor when I864 was submitted, they can follow the instructions and do that regardless of whether it is CP or Adjustment of Status. I am not sure about your question. You have already submitted I864 which has been accepted by NVC. So now you want to carry a co-sponsor info with you to the consular interview, just in case it is needed?

Yes, visaaplicant ,I'm preparing a co-sponsor in case the consul asks for it.

For Manila Embassy, I've heard stories of how the I-864 w/supporting documents were all approved by the NVC,,,,,,

then later during the Interview.....the consul decided that a co-sponsor was needed. ,.........visa delayed.........

But I heard these from CR1, IR1 applicants, not specifically IR5.
Will appreciate any info regarding this matter.

Thank you,
Suns1

Suns1,

I would think that if someone wants to use a co-sponsor when I864 was submitted, they can follow the instructions and do that regardless of whether it is CP or Adjustment of Status. I am not sure about your question. You have already submitted I864 which has been accepted by NVC. So now you want to carry a co-sponsor info with you to the consular interview, just in case it is needed?

The marriage certificate is not a required document while petitioning for a mother. My widowed mother got her immigrant visa from Chennai in November last year without a marriage certificate.

Did your mother bring the death certificate of your father ?

Thanks

Questions regarding birth certificate

hi all,
please clarify my doubts
1. I Submitted affidavits(affidavit from my grandfather and affidavit from my mother) and NOn availability certificates for my greencard process,I submmitted originals at that time,my greencard was approved.Now I am applying I 130 for my Mother(my father passed away).I have only copies of those affidavits and non availability.Can I submit the copies for my mom's I 130.

2.My mom went to muncipal office and they said they can issue a birth certificate now.Is that BC valid now as the issuance date is current date.

3.Can i submit the BC now for my mom I 130 though i submitted Affidavit and Non availability certificate for my greencard process.

PLease clarify my doubts

Regards
Hydmom