GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

GC/AOS Process Over for Parents.. Really Fast Processing

Hello All,
My parents have now received their GC's.
I know there are very few time lines posted in this thread about GC/AOS.
Hence I am posting my timeline for other to see. I am not an attorney.
Thanks to Mr Rajiv Khanna for maitaining this wonderful forum. Without this forum, I would not have the patience to wait.

I must say that the USCIS processing times have really improved and have become really fast. In less than 3 months my parents have received their Green Cards. Great Job USCIS.....

N-400 Received on October 30th, 2006

GC/AOS for Both Parents
DO: Chicago, IL
11/1/06 I-130/485 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
11/4/06 RD for all I-130/485/765 MSC
11/27/06 Bio/FP done
12/20/06 1/130 & I/485 for both parents transferred to CSC
1/10/07 I/130 Approved for both parents
1/15/07 I/485 Approved for both parents
1/19/07 Mom's Green Card Received :) :)
1/25/07 Dad's Green Card Received :) :)

yahoodud123 said:
Hello All,
Thanks to Mr Rajiv Khanna for maitaining this wonderful forum. Without this forum, I would not have the patience to wait.

I must say that the USCIS processing times have really improved and have become really fast. In less than 3 months my parents have received their Green Cards. Great Job USCIS.....
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hi.

yahoodud123 said:
Hello All,

N-400 Received on October 30th, 2006

GC/AOS for Both Parents
DO: Chicago, IL
11/1/06 I-130/485 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
11/4/06 RD for all I-130/485/765 MSC
11/27/06 Bio/FP done
12/20/06 1/130 & I/485 for both parents transferred to CSC
1/10/07 I/130 Approved for both parents
1/15/07 I/485 Approved for both parents
1/19/07 Mom's Green Card Received :) :)
1/25/07 Dad's Green Card Received :) :)

Did you get any letter and e-mails from USCIS when they transfered the cases of each of your parent. I was told during an infopass that the case of one of my parents is transfered in CSC but no notification of such transfer unlike the case of my other parent and even my spouse (twice) when the cases got transfered to CSC.

Peace out. :cool:

I did get a notification by USPS mail for both my parents that their files were transferred to CSC for Speedy Processing.
Also, the status online kept on showing that the files were transferred to CSC.

Need help GC application denied for Parent

My Husband applied for my Mother-In-Law's GC application last year in Jun after getting his citizenship. Since my MIL was visiting us at the time we decided to file for I-130 and I-485. In Nov the case got transfered to CSC for processing and we got a RFE for my Husband's Birth Certificate. He sent the Birth Certificate given by the hospital and also an affidavit from his mother stating that he was named after the Birth Certificate was issues as per the Hindu customs.

Today we got a letter form USCIS saying that the GC application has been rejected as they have the Birth Certificate from the hospital and also the affidavit from his mother but these are all secondary proof of the relationship that she is his mother and that they need a primary proof of the relationship.

They have asked us to appeal the case if we want, which we do plan on doing. We will be consulting a Lawyer as well.

But what I was curious about
  • Do we need to get some document from the local Registrar of the City of his birth.
  • If we do it is going to take almost a month to obtain the document and they have given us only until Feb 23 to appeal the case. Is there a way we can get an extension on the appeal date
  • Since my MIL is on Visitor Visa and her 6 month stay is over and we did not apply for an extension since her case was pending can she stay on till we have the final outcome of the appeal or does she has to leave the country.
  • If for some reason the appeal is denied is there any other way to re-appeal the decision.

Any help or suggestions will be a great help

Thanks
Va

Gc For My Mother!

Hey!Thanks for the links& info. I'm taking the oath ceremony at Chicago district court tomorrow. I want to sponsor my mother for Greencard and I have a few questions. I would really appreciate some advice.

1. What is the income guideline to sponsor my mother who is already living here? Am single and self employed.

2. I only have Tax transcripts for the last 1yr,is that going to be a problem?

3. What is the timeline in Chicago?

4. Is a Lawyer allowed during the interviewing process? will I have to go through the interview as well?

5. Can anyone suggest a good lawyer in chicago area?

Thanks!

needurhelp said:
One can petition for parents only if the petitioner is US Citizen. GC holder or LPR cannot apply for parents.

Parents cases of USC are processed differently from the Spouse of USC though they come under the same category.

If parents are already in US, they can go thru the AOS process or CP.

If parents are outside of US, they can go thru the CP only.

For Whom Are You Petitioning?

For AOS or CP, I-130 is the common form.
  1. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Petition for Alien Relative (if you are filing for both parents, you must file a separate petition for each parent)
  2. Filing Fee - $190.00 (Don't forget to check the USCIS for the latest)
  3. A copy of petitioner's birth certificate showing your name and parent's name
  4. If your name or your parent's name is different now than at the time of your birth, you must provide evidence of the legal name change.
  5. A copy of your parents’ civil marriage certificate (for father's application)
  6. If you were not born in the United States, a copy of either your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or your U.S. passport
In case of missing Birth Certificate:
Non-Availability Certificate from the Governmental Agency
Two affidavits from family members - from an older blood relative, i.e., a parent, aunt, uncle, sibling, who has personal knowledge of your birth

In case of missing Marriage Certificate:
Two affidavits from family members
Wedding Invitation

Affidavits must be notarized
Do not forget to include the certified translated copies of any letters provided in foreign language.

For AOS - Family-Based Applications - Immediate Relatives

Submit the following forms:
  • I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
    Fee - $395.00, includes $70.00 Biometrics Fee
    Photographs - Two
    Applicant Birth Certificate - see above in case of missing official Birth Certificate
    Copy of Visa page(s)
    Copy of I-94 - Both Sides
    Visa Number is the one in RED
  • G-325A, Biographic Information
    No Fee
  • Either your original I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (if you are filing concurrently), or a copy of your I-797, Notice of Action (if the petition was already approved).
  • I-864, Affidavit of Support
    No Fee
    Employment Verification letter
    Copy of Tax Returns or Tax Transcripts - Last Three Years, recently changed to 1 year
    Copy of W2 - Last Three Years, if filed Joint Tax Returns and only one of them is the sponsor
  • I-864A, if Co-Sponsor is needed and filed along with I-864. This form is needed if the main sponsor's income is not sufficient
    No Fee
    Co-Sponsors Employment Verification Letter
    Co-Sponsors Copy of Tax Returns or Tax Transcripts - Last Three Years, recently changed to 1 year
    Co-Sponsors Copy of W2 - Last Three Years, if filed Joint Tax Returns and only one of them is the sponsor
  • I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status
    It has to be sealed
    No Fee
All required supporting documentation as listed on the above forms.

You may download a package of all of these forms in PDF format (41 pages, 1.89 MB)

You may also submit the following forms:
  • G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative (if you have a lawyer)
    No Fee
  • I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed
    Fee - $ 180.00
    Photographs - Two
    Copy of I-94 - Both sides
  • I-131, Application for Travel Document, if you need to travel outside the United States while your application is processed
    Fee - $ 170.00
Where to File - Concurrent Filing - I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765 - AOS
Chicago Lockbox
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Where to File - only I-485 after I-130 Approval
Apply at Chicago Lockbox

Where to File - only I-130 for CP
Apply at your Service Center

Cases Transferred to CSC - USCIS Statement

FBI Finger Print Status Check 304-625-5590 (press 3) - applied for I-485 - give them your Alien number

AOS
HTML:
Name		DO	    ND	         GC/IVDays	Days	IV?	RFE  Comments
anahitdad	LA	    Dec 08, 04    Jul 06, 05	210	Yes  	No   Name Check Pending
anahitmom	LA	    Dec 08, 04    Jul 06, 05	210	Yes	No   Jun 12, 2006 Approved
qq!dad		Milwaukee   Jul 11, 05    Jan 05, 06	178	Ye	No   Name Check Pending
kavmum		Atlanta	    Sep 22, 05    Jan 12, 06	112	No	Yes  
simidude	LA	    Oct 17, 05    Mar 01, 06	135	No	Yes
lori		Newark	    Dec 08, 05    Apr 27, 06	140	Yes	No
greencardmaze	IL	    Dec 13, 06    May 08, 06	146	No	Yes   Transferred to CSC on March 10, 06
needurhelp	Atlanta	    Dec 19, 05    May 18, 06	150	Yes	No
aalvar10	Miami	    Dec 27, 05    Jun 07, 06    161    No    No							
qq!mum		Milwaukee   Dec 30, 05	
patel1229	Hartford	Jan 13, 06
greencardmaze	IL	    Jan 25, 06
pramela		Newark	    Jan 27, 06    Jun 27, 06	151	Yes	          I-485 & AP Applied after I130 Approval
jenimmimum	Newark	    Feb 03, 06

Consular Processing (CP)
What Does the National Visa Center Do?

After a Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in the United States approves the petition I-130, it sends the petition to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC does the following:

* Assigns a case number
* Sends Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your parents). The applicant selects an agent. The agent can be anyone, including the applicant. The NVC will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date.
* Sends the bill for the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support processing to the petitioner
* Sends the I-864 Forms and Instructions to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee
* Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC
* Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-230
* Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.
* Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete

The exact contents of the Instruction Packet will depend on where the applicant will be interviewed for a visa.

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants - Checklist

List of Consulates and Embassies

Visa Bulletin

CP
HTML:
Name		SC	I - 130 ND	Approved	To NVC		To Consulate	Consulate	Interview
sdalvie		CSC	Jan 2005			Apr 2005	Dec 2005	Chennai		Feb 23, 06
pinto19		VSC	Aug 2005			Feb 3, 06			Dhaka		Mar 5, 14 06
peeyen		CSC	Apr 2005	Mar 16, 06					Mumbai
jaisejames	VSC	Nov 2005			Nov 2005	Feb 8, 06	Chennai		Apr 10, 06
learner29	CSC	Aug 03, 05			Feb 17, 06			Mumbai
aabrahammum	CSC	Aug 31, 05	Mar 22, 06	Apr 7, 06			Abu Dhabi
aabrahamdad	CSC	Aug 31, 05	Mar 22, 06	Apr 7, 06			Abu Dhabi
YaminiDad	VSC	Sep 28, 05	Nov 4, 05	Jan 2006	Apr 6, 06	Mumbai		June 06, 06
YaminiMom	VSC	Sep 28, 05	Jan 31, 06	Feb 2006	Apr 6, 06	Mumbai		June 06, 06
ranchun		VSC	Dec 13, 05							China
jenimmidad	VSC	Feb 15, 06	May 23, 06					Chennai
visaapplicant	VSC	Feb 15, 06							Mumbai
sunni		TSC	Mar 05, 06							Chennai
abs9080dad	NSC/CSC	Mar 13, 06	May 16, 2006	Jun 02, 06			Manila
abs9080mum	NSC/CSC	Mar 13, 06	May 23, 2006					Manila

Please help

I received a weired email. I am worring about "This case will be held in suspense untill....." Please let me know if someone has simmilar experience.

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On January 30, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence
and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the
notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case
will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the
opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or
evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is
made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while
this case is pending, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

gurjit said:
I received a weired email. I am worring about "This case will be held in suspense untill....." Please let me know if someone has simmilar experience.

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On January 30, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence
and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the
notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case
will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the
opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or
evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is
made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while
this case is pending, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
Well, have you gotten the notice or not? :confused:

I-130 HELP !!!....- additional evidence

Gurus....I obtained my citizenship in Oct 2006. I applied I-130 for my parents in Nov 2006. I just received a letter yesterday from USCIS requesting additional evidence (my birth certificate) that proves that I petitioned for my parents. I already sent my birth certificate when I filed their applications. Only our first names appear in my birth certificate. Could this be a problem. All our last names are different. Should I send them an affidavit with the actual names and the names as in birth certificate? Your thought are really appreciated. My parents were rejected tourist visa 3 times while I was having Green card. Could this have any negative effects? .....Please advice......

changing job

i just filed my I-30 for my parents and sister last week...

here's my situation
i have a full time job now(3 years and not happy with it)...but then, i wanted to apply for another job which is only part-time (if i get that part-time job, i'll eventually go part-time as well on my current job) so that means im gonna have 2 part-time jobs...

will that affect my petition, since im gonna have an affidavit of support for my parents and sister....both jobs are really not high-paying jobs but i'll have my husband as my co-sponsor...

so do u guys think it's ok to do that???

ranipettaian said:
Gurus....I obtained my citizenship in Oct 2006. I applied I-130 for my parents in Nov 2006. I just received a letter yesterday from USCIS requesting additional evidence (my birth certificate) that proves that I petitioned for my parents. I already sent my birth certificate when I filed their applications. Only our first names appear in my birth certificate. Could this be a problem. All our last names are different. Should I send them an affidavit with the actual names and the names as in birth certificate? Your thought are really appreciated. My parents were rejected tourist visa 3 times while I was having Green card. Could this have any negative effects? .....Please advice......

Rejection of tourist visa has nothing to do with I130. Did the letter specify anything in particular? If not, maybe just resubmitting birth cert will work. Since all your last names are different, you may need to provide evidence of relationship and exact names. Did you include parents' marriage cert with father's I130? You may have to include your marriage cert, if applicable. If you send affidavits in addition to your birth cert, that should work.

My birth cert also has only first name for myself and my mother. My father's full name is there. We all have the same last name. Alongwith father's I130, we submitted parents' marriage cert.

We got an email notice for my dad's I-485 approval. He was stuck in Name Check when the officer interviewed him. We are preparing the lawsuit already, I guess now we can take it easy.

However, my I-130 does not have any update. I thougt your I-130 has to be approved before I-485 can be approved? Anyone has thought on why 485 approved ahead of 130?

Thanks

Congrats, Horiba! You'd think they approve both I485 and I130 at the same time, but not necessarily. A couple months after my Mom received her green card, we got an email update that the I130 got approved. Go figure!

I-130 additional evidence.....

visaapplicant said:
Rejection of tourist visa has nothing to do with I130. Did the letter specify anything in particular? If not, maybe just resubmitting birth cert will work. Since all your last names are different, you may need to provide evidence of relationship and exact names. Did you include parents' marriage cert with father's I130? You may have to include your marriage cert, if applicable. If you send affidavits in addition to your birth cert, that should work.

My birth cert also has only first name for myself and my mother. My father's full name is there. We all have the same last name. Alongwith father's I130, we submitted parents' marriage cert.

Thank you !!!.... I submitted my birth certificate again as requested. Earlier when I filed I-130 for my dad, I did submit his marriage certificate. My birth certificate has all our first names as it appears on our passports. So, I am hoping that it is okay. My only worry is that, why did they ask for my birth certificate as if I submitted an affidavit and not a birth cert when I actually did submit my B'Cert along with the I-130s . That is the puzzle.... Any way I hope they let me know the status in another few days/weeks.... hopefully approve....

Any idea of how long they take to respond after receiving additional evidence?

Police Certificates question

It states that: Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. ...

My parents had been stayed in six provices for more than 6 months since they were over 16. The question is: Do they have to get 6 police certifcates? Or they only need to get one?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks qq & anahit. I got another email and card production was ordered. Now my parents have 5 years to study English to pass the citizenship exam. :D :) :rolleyes: :p ;) :eek: :cool:

backues said:
It states that: Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. ...

My parents had been stayed in six provices for more than 6 months since they were over 16. The question is: Do they have to get 6 police certifcates? Or they only need to get one?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that's what NVC advises. However, per the advice from other posters, we are following the instructions from the US consulate where my parents will be interviewed. This is important because in CP at standard review consulates ( NOT in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa), officer in the consulate will make a decision whether documents are adequate and it is better to follow their instructions. Per Mumbai consulate, we need PCC from passport office and police station with jurisdiction over current place of residence.

You should check your consulate's website and/or ask them. If you are interviewing at consulates in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa; you would have to follow NVC's instructions.