GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Processing time unchanged for Vermont Service Center

It's been three months now that the processing time for VSC does not change, and it's stuck on March 12, 2006. Will it really take almost a year only to get the fist stage of the process, I-130 approved?

Can anyone provide their own experience with their timeline?

Thanks

It's been three months now that the processing time for VSC does not change, and it's stuck on March 12, 2006. Will it really take almost a year only to get the fist stage of the process, I-130 approved?

Can anyone provide their own experience with their timeline?

Thanks

There have been a couple of threads on VSC timelines recently by users "turtle" and "pratham".

Published timelines are not very accurate.

VSC Processing Timeline

There have been a couple of threads on VSC timelines recently by users "turtle" and "pratham".

Published timelines are not very accurate.

Thanks visaapplicant!

I could not find these postings, but what is your understanding, is it less then the published time? Did your application take 6 months? Do you know what is taking recently for the I-130 to be approved?

Waiting for I 485 interview for dad

DO:LA, CA
ND: 08/11/2006 - Adjustment of Status
FP done
Biometrics approved.
The only thing different in my fathers case is that we send the I-485 application before we recieved the I-130 approval which arrived 10 days afterwards.

Talked to the USCIS customer service representative and they told me that the case is on track means the case looks without any problems,i.e 130 is approved and is tagged to the 485.

A week later we recieve this mail that the case is taking long because of an additional review. Not sure what that means.

The processing date for LA DO has moved to Aug 21, 2006.

Is there a reason why the case is taking long. Is it because we filed the 485 before we recieved the 130 approval.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks visaapplicant!

I could not find these postings, but what is your understanding, is it less then the published time? Did your application take 6 months? Do you know what is taking recently for the I-130 to be approved?

Here is the thread
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=238105

Yes it took us more than 6 months to get I130s approved, 2/06 - 8/06. Based on 'Turtle10' experience, currently it takes about 5-6 months for I130 approval.

Thanks, Anahit.

One more question, I-130 item 15, "name and address of present employer"
it is not clear if this question is for petitioner or for my mom (in my case)

Thanks,

Not necessarily. In a lot of cases parents get approved without an interview.

Form G325A (Biographic Info).
In the section on last 5 years of residence

Should it include last 3 months of stay in US. Also should it include any visits to US less than 6 months in the past?

thanks

i-864 item 25: federal income tax information

I always file joint tax returns.

I want to use my income only to determine eligibility to sponsor my mother for the purpose of I-864.

Can I separate my income from joint return (AGI) and input my income only it on item 25?

Thanks, Anahit

Please help.

I am applying GC for my mother who has overstayed her visa. Do I need to file I 485 Supplement A? I thought so, but according to the form Part C, 2c. If "you are applying to adjust status as the spouse or unmarried minor child of a US citizen or the parent of a US citizen child at least 21 years of age, and you were inspected and lawfully admitted to the US", you do not have to file this form. It seems to me that I do not have to file this form.

Did I miss anything?

New advice : GC for parents

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, I got my Citizenship and am planning to apply GC for my parents :

Have a few quick questions :

1. My parents are from India, is there any priority date for GC, if i am applying through AOS ? Or is everything current for this category ?

2. If i apply through AOS, how long does it take to get the Travel authorization approved (Advanced Parole) ? My parents need to travel overseas in a month or two and hence want to know

3. My parents dont have birth certificate or non availability birth certificate. But they have affidivats, so is it OK to file the application and respond with the non-availability when a RFE is issued ? Also, will this have any bearing on the approval of the Travel authorization(advanced parole)

4. Can someone give the format of the non-availability certificate ?

thanks very much !!
immig06

I-864 : 2006 tax returns

Hi

I have a question regarding filling out for I-864.

Is it mandatory to submit IRS copies of federal tax return ? Is there an alternative ?

Also, how do i get these IRS copies of my tax return ?
And how long does this take to get these returns from IRS, any way to expedite this ?

Thanks very much

Fathers application - Wedding invitation ?

Gurus,

This is regarding my fathers application. I read that we need 2 affidivats and wedding invitiation.

I have got the 2 affidavits, but my parents dont have the wedding invitation ?

Is a copy of wedding invitation a must or is there any alternative ?

Does anyone have experience with this ?

Thanks a lot

i-864 item 25: federal income tax information

I always file joint tax returns.

I want to use my income only to determine eligibility to sponsor my mother for the purpose of I-864.

Can I separate my income from joint return (AGI) and input my income only it on item 25?

Thanks, Anahit
Yes, you can.

Please help.

I am applying GC for my mother who has overstayed her visa. Do I need to file I 485 Supplement A? I thought so, but according to the form Part C, 2c. If "you are applying to adjust status as the spouse or unmarried minor child of a US citizen or the parent of a US citizen child at least 21 years of age, and you were inspected and lawfully admitted to the US", you do not have to file this form. It seems to me that I do not have to file this form.

Did I miss anything?
You don't need to file I-485 Suppl A: The overstay is forgiven to the parents of US citizens.

Medial Question

Hi Vasaapplicant

Good to know abou tthe tests. If there was no additional tests, that means things must be normal. DO they take chest X-Ray? If they find a problem, do they talk to you? Or is it iall in a sealed envelop?

Thanks
Dip123

Dip123,

My parents had their medical exams done at Lilavati hospital. They had to take 3 immunization shots per their age and some routine tests. It was all done the same day and they got sealed envelopes for consulate.