GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Looks like most of the I 130 cases are transfered to the CSC. At least NSC cases are trasnsfered to CSC.
DId you get receit from NSC or CSC? How did you come to knwo about the transfer?

gcmaze -

Since it's one month past the transfer to CSC, I think you should call the 1-800 number and see what they have to say.

dip123 said:
Thanks Backues. When did they cash in checks? Also, what was your service center? Did you get California receipt number?

For Consular processing, i think we have to send it to service center and not Chicago Lockbox.

Regards

The check for my dad got cashed last Friday.

I sent the application to NE service center. And yes, I got a california receipt number.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I just checked their website, they are processing the applications from jan. now. Don't know when will be my turn.

learner29,

Congratulations on your Dad's GC approval! Hopefully your Mom's GC will be approved soon.

Could you please post your complete timeline? Specifically, how long did it take Mumbai consulate to schedule interview after files were sent there from NVC. Any other info/tips on interview, PCC etc. will be very helpful. Thanks.

Moving from CP to DCF for parents abroad (in India)..

Based on my reading on this site, looks like CP (i.e. I-130 filed in US for
parents followed by NVC packet 3 sent to India) will take around 10-11
months (6 months for I-130 approval and not sure how long it will take
for packet-3/4 and interview date in Mumbai .. but am guessing somewhere
around 4-5 months) at best for a US citizen sponsoring for parents.

DCF on the other hand takes less time - 3 month stay in India before I-130
can be applied and then a 15 day for its approval.

Has anyone moved from CP process to DCF in India? I am in US right now
and cannot afford to spend 3 months in India at present. Would like to know
that if I filed I-130 for my mom now, and later on decided to go to India
for 3 months and filed for DCF, what would I need to do. I am guessing at
the least I will have to cancel the I-130 petition.

Would appreciate any info regarding this. Thanks.

Need Help for Mother who has I485/I130 pending

FYI:

I have applied I130 for my mother and also I485 concurrently.
I have received approval for I131 ( for advance parole).
She originally had a 10 year multiple entry visa but since now we have applied for I-485/I130 the visa becomes invalid.
We are planning to travel to Canada and I was wondering if she will have problems if she travels with us with the advance parole document.

If anyone has any experience please advise.

Ayodhya

ayodhya said:
FYI:

I have applied I130 for my mother and also I485 concurrently.
I have received approval for I131 ( for advance parole).
She originally had a 10 year multiple entry visa but since now we have applied for I-485/I130 the visa becomes invalid.
We are planning to travel to Canada and I was wondering if she will have problems if she travels with us with the advance parole document.

If anyone has any experience please advise.

Ayodhya

She shouldn't have a problem travelling with AP. A number of people have done that. When returning at POE (if flying) should show AP document and not Visitor visa.

question regarding 864 form

Hello:

I am sponsoring both my parents and my wife is sponsoring her mother for their immigrant petitions. On the 864 form, what do we say for sponsor's household size. In other words, the question is do we include the other people we are sponsoring on seperate 864's?

Thanks

Murthy

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello:

I am sponsoring both my parents and my wife is sponsoring her mother for their immigrant petitions. On the 864 form, what do we say for sponsor's household size. In other words, the question is do we include the other people we are sponsoring on seperate 864's?

Thanks

Murthy

Tricky question.
Logically, since the household is going to increase by that many as being sponsored, the household size should include all.

regarding 864 packet

Hello Jenimmi:

By tax transcripts, do you mean just copies of your return or did you get it from IRS?

Thanks a Lot.

Murthy

jenimmi said:
I got the I-864 form & instruction on 7/20 and mailed it back to NVC on 7/21.

It was quite confusing as the instructions sheet had requirements different from the set of instructions for I-864. I called the NVC before I assembled the package and the agent again asked me to send only the most "recent" year's tax return/transcripts, Employment letter (or) most recent Pay stub and said no notarization required.

I decided that whatever the conflicting forms ask for, I'm going to send everything. This is probably not required at all, but I had these anyway and just sent it with a covering letter listing all supporting docs, to be safe.

2003, 04, 05 - Tax transcripts
2003, 04, 05 - W2s
6 months pay stub
Employment letter listing job title, join date, earnings per year
Notarized I-864
Authorization for release of Federal Tax data (NVC sends out this printed form for your signature)
Barcode sheet - separate sheet

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello Jenimmi:

By tax transcripts, do you mean just copies of your return or did you get it from IRS?

Thanks a Lot.

Murthy

I requested IRS to send the 3 years transcripts and I got it within 10 days. If you're just starting the process, you may want to request it from IRS now, so you'll have it ahead of time. Anyhow, I think copies of returns should be just fine.

Parent Visa Overstay

I am going to apply GC for my mother. She is currently in US. However, she has overstayed her visa. She came here legally. Do I have to file some extra forms for her? Is it better to hire a lawyer?

Thank you very much.

wistar said:
I am going to apply GC for my mother. She is currently in US. However, she has overstayed her visa. She came here legally. Do I have to file some extra forms for her? Is it better to hire a lawyer?

Thank you very much.

No need to hire a lawyer, unless that'll make you/mother feel confident/comfortable at the interview. Overstay for Immediate relatives of USC is forgiven. No extra forms. Make note though, before she gets her GC if your Mom leaves US on AP, she might face a ban at POE while returning. That's the only catch. As long as she doesn't leave the country till she gets her GC, she's fine.

LUD after fingerprints

Hello All:
My mother's fingerprints were done in March but we got a letter recently indicating to redo the fingerprints.

We did a walkin fingerprint last week and I just checked with FBI who said that everything is fine this time.
However the LUD on the USCIS website does not reflect any updates on her case. Is this normal ?

Also, my mother application has been applied since February 24 2006 (hartford DO) but so far there has been no activity for her I-485. It is almost six months. When can she expect her interview ? Any ideas

Ayodhya

ayodhya said:
Hello All:
My mother's fingerprints were done in March but we got a letter recently indicating to redo the fingerprints.

We did a walkin fingerprint last week and I just checked with FBI who said that everything is fine this time.
However the LUD on the USCIS website does not reflect any updates on her case. Is this normal ?

Also, my mother application has been applied since February 24 2006 (hartford DO) but so far there has been no activity for her I-485. It is almost six months. When can she expect her interview ? Any ideas

Ayodhya

LUD does not change when the FPs were done.

You have to be alert during the interview time regarding the FPs. For my mum, she had to redo the FPs. At the interview, IO said the FPs were rejected and has to be redone. Since we already know that the results were sent back by FBI the second time around, we insisted that she check the file. Though they received the file, they forgot to update it on their system.

I'm very happy to announce that my parents received Interview letter today for the appointment on 10/12/06.

Please see my signature file below.
I am still waiting to see CIS enter my parents' case online. As of today, I still couldn't find any of the 6 case# from online status. Well, I don't need to know that anymore. :)

I wish they won't get stuck in the name check. I waited a year for my N400 because of NC, I hope I don't have to go through the lawsuit again with CIS. As a matter of fact, the lady at US atty office was very nice though.

Congrats, horiba. Thanks for sharing the good news with us.
That's amazingly fast. The process seems to be getting faster in CA, I wonder why that's not the case with all the other states?

An update on my mom's - Finally, after 7 months of waiting, when we were hoping that we will go for interview, my Mom's stuck in India b'cos of British Airways flight cancellations :mad: and I'm looking into re-scheduling her interview, which I hear will not be re-scheduled until end of October. :eek:

Good luck with not getting into the name check mess.

It is really fast, horiba. Congrats, and best of luck on the interview. :)

Jenimmi,
Sorry for another disappointment... Look at the bright side: October is just a month away... ;)

Anahit said:
It is really fast, horiba. Congrats, and best of luck on the interview. :)

Jenimmi,
Sorry for another disappointment... Look at the bright side: October is just a month away... ;)

Two anahit, two :D :(

Update on CP

I'm starting to think that while my Mom's quite unlucky with the immigration process, my Dad seems to be lucky after all.

His process is on track so far - after sending the DS-230 fee bill with the fees of $380 to NVC, I got the DS-230 form mailed to me within 2 weeks.

DS-230 has to be signed by the beneficiary,
attach a photocopy of biographic page of PP
PLUS the separate bar code sheet NVC sends.

I sent the DS-230 to NVC y'day - hoping to hear about the next step within a month, which is case completion and transfer of case to his consulate.

To those sponsoring your parents thro CP - along with DS-230, NVC sends a checklist of docs one needs to be ready with to take to their interview at the Consulate. If you are the agent and get this checklist, make sure to send it to your parents which will help them prepare for docs ahead of time.