GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

GC for mother

Hi,

My mother is currently in India. Her 10 year visa will be expiring in June, 2012.

We are planning to bring her to the US in April/May and apply for GC. Do you think she would be granted a 6 month stay at the Port of Entry, given that her visa itself is expiring in June?

Also, can the GC process be completed within 6 months, assuming we apply soon after she arrives in the US?

Is this a good plan or should we be applying for the extension of the 10 yr visa?

Thank you.

Best Regards.

I-130 for Parents - Basic Questions

Hello All,

Finally my parent's got their marriage certificate in hand. My dad has his birth certificate in hand, while mom's is still in process. They are currently in India. To apply for their GC (CP):
1) Are both the marriage and birth certificates required to be attached at 130 stage? Or is the marriage certificate enough for now?
2) Do I need to attach the original marriage/birth certificates in original or notarized copies acceptable?

Apologize in advance for asking the oft repeated questions.

Thanks,
Speedy

Photo Requirements for GC for parents

I was going through the instructions for photo requirement for filing GC for parents:

I-130 + I-485 + I-693 ( medical examination ) + 1-131 ( travel document ), I-864 affdavit of support.

I-485 : 2 Photos. It mentions to enter name and A# on the back of the photo. If I-485 is being filed concurrently with I-131 , then they won't have an A#. Can we ignore the A#?

I-131 -- Advance Parole: 2 Photos

I-130 -- I don't see any requirements to submit photo of the applicant if the family relationship is based on father or mother. Can someone please confirm , if I need to submit photos for form I-130 filing for parents?

So that means a total of 4 photos will be needed if filing all the above mentioned forms concurrently.

Thank You

6 months since I applied for father's I-130

Hi,

I applied I-130 for my father (Consular processing) in early July 2011 at the California Service Center, but I have not heard from USCIS since I got the initial receipt. According to the website, the average time for a decision is 5 months and it has now been about 6 months. Can I issue an inquiry into this matter with USCIS and whether it is worth trying or just keep waiting?

Please let me know.

Regards

Hi,

I applied I-130 for my father (Consular processing) in early July 2011 at the California Service Center, but I have not heard from USCIS since I got the initial receipt. According to the website, the average time for a decision is 5 months and it has now been about 6 months. Can I issue an inquiry into this matter with USCIS and whether it is worth trying or just keep waiting?

Please let me know.

Regards

Call the 1800 number and ask them whats going on?

Call the 1800 number and ask them whats going on?

My personal openion, the 800 number will only tell you what you see the USCIS website. This is what used to be 5 years ago, unless things have greatly improved now. Try going through your local congressman or senator

I called the 1800 number and the guy said that they are currently working on June 9th 2011 applications and my application date is 32 days ahead, so I should wait. The problem is on USCIS website, it still says that the California Service Center takes 5 months to adjudicate an I-130 application and it has now been over 6 months.

Is it worth contacting Senator/Congressmen? If so, whats the procedure to do that?

Thanks
Fawad

Birth Certificate

I am a US citizen, who is getting ready to apply for my mother's GC.

I-130 application form says that both my mother and my birth certificate is necessary. We do not have my mother's BC. Also, in my own BC, my mother's name is mentioned, but I am simply mentioned as "A Baby Boy". I read that affidavits can be submitted when documents are not available or incomplete.

Can some knowledgeable member of this forum please post the relevant affidavit format here for:

1) Missing parent's birth certificate
2) Incomplete son's (i.e., petitioner) birth certificate

Thanks!

Urgent help needed: GC for parents - Paperwork

Hi,
My wife is planning to file for GC for my in-laws (from India). Questions to this group:

1. If they don't have birth certificates, is an affidavit (posted by someone on this forum) enough or there is something called "no record found" needed to be obtained from the village/city of birth and then only we get the Affidavit?
2. Same question for Marriage certificate?
3. Is it better to do CP or 485? They will be visiting here on Tourist visa.
4. At what stage is Affidavit of support filed? At I-130 stage or is it at the adjustment of status stage?

Thanks

I have been looking around to find the Consular Processing for Parents. Am I in the correct forum? I just filed I-130 for parents who live outside USA. Your inputs are appreciated!

GC for parents

Hi All,

Received a letter from NVC, saying all the documents have been sent to Mumbai Consulate.

Yamin

can you provide a timeline on how long it took for this letter?

We have filed for GC for our parents. We received a list of items that we need to keep ready, like Police Clearance Ceritificate, Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate for them.

Does anyone know how long it takes after the above items are requested, for the GC approval or shifting of their paperwork to the Mumbai Consulate?

Appreciate any help
Thanks!!1

Applying GC for mother - Counselor Processing

Hi,

I am an USA Citizen and I am planning to apply GC for my mother. My mother is in India.
What is the process and what all forms I need to submit along with I-130.

Any guidance will be really appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

I am an USA Citizen and I am planning to apply GC for my mother. My mother is in India.
What is the process and what all forms I need to submit along with I-130.

Any guidance will be really appreciated

Thanks

USCIS has provided clear instructions to form I-130, please read and follow those instructions. See this link.

After your I-130 is approved, it will be forwarded to national Visa Center which will request an Affidavit of Support I-864 from you. Once that is received and processed, the application will be forwarded to a US consulate in India for interview and granting of immigrant visa.

Only Mumbai consulate and Delhi embassy will process immigrant visas.

GC Application document for prarents ( Missing a few critical documents )

Dear Experts,

I want to bring my parents to the U.S/California/San Jose. The list of documents required for the application states the following.

* Birth certificate of parents
* Marriage certificate of parents.

We don't have both (Or it will be very difficult for my parents to get it) , can any one suggest how to do this process without these above said documents.

I appreciate your response.

Time Line

Hi

This forum and especially this thread has been very helpful to me. Using this I prepared and filed a petition for my parents. Thanks
One more request..

I was wondering if someone can share their experience with time line of the whole process.
I think most of the examples in this thread are from 2005-06 and it would be great if someone can share an example fro latest experience
I will post mine as soon as my parents get the green card

Regards
K

Emails from NVC

Hi,

I applied for my father's I-130 (US citizen applying for parent) last July and it got approved in February 2012 and the approval notice mentioned that NVC will contact me and my dad for further processing. I received 2 emails from NVC, one that is marked for my attention, stating that I have to pay the affidavit of support fee for $88 and a choice of agent form that needs to be selected by my dad for receiving correspondence about the case on a US address (it mentions that I can send this choice of agent form to my dad abroad in case he did not receive it, so he can sign and send it back to NVC). The other email that I received is marked for my dad's attention, asking for choice of agent by my dad for receiving correspondence about the case on a US address.

I called my dad asking if he received any correspondence from NVC but he has not received anything yet. Is it normal to receive corresponence from NVC by email only? Also, can I send the choice of agent form to my dad and ask him to fax it back to me after signing it and I can send it from within the US as I am not sure if the mail from my dad will ever reach NVC office (of course he can send it by Fedex or UPS, which should be reliable enough but just in case)?

Also, since I will be out of town from last week of June to the 3rd week of July, I am concerned that if I start the process now by paying the AOS fee and having my dad select the choice of agent, I might get correspondence from NVC while I am out of town. Is it advisable to delay paying the AOS fee and choice of agent till mid July or this could jeopardize the case?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Interview in few days :)

Guys, thanks to all the help from this thread, was able to navigate the Immigration process for my parents. Interview is scheduled for Aug. 1. I am planning to purchase tickets, was wondering how long it takes to get the Visa, is it sent out by mail after the interview, or do they stamp the passport and return it right in the interview. As usual, any help appreciated. Thanks.