GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

when did your brother apply for your dad?

the GC for my parents were applied in May/June of 2010(not sure of the date). it was in a review process, because of some paper not filed. my brother filed those in Jan/Feb 2011 after we received notification to submit those and the processing started again. We received these new forms this week for further processing.

My brother says he received the notification to send the fee as well. Does he have to Submit the Affidavit of Support along with these forms? or wait till we are asked to submit those? The reason i am asking is my brother is currently unemployed(since jan 2011), so not sure how we can show current employment details.

Thanks in advance for any help.

AN

Hi All,

I need some help...
1) My mom has been asked to come for the I-485 interview. My sister is the sponsor but she is in Boston. I live in NC and will be taking her for the interview.
2) Do U think I need to take original like ax forms for my sister and her citizenship proof which she already submitted along with the forms.

As I don;t have those forms, so when we go for the interview, wht worst can happen and can I reschedule the appt to happen in Boston where my sister lives.
My mom went for finger printing in NC.

Please suggest/recommend. I don't think I will be able to get the original from my sister as she is uncomfortable sending them.

Thx in advance,
-A

Hello,

I got RFE for my parents to produce birth certificates or non-availability of birth certificate.
I'm trying to get non-availability of birth certificate plus the secondary evidence of birth.
I know affidavit needs to be notorized. Will Statutory Declaration work in lieu of affidavit ?

Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

'application type' in i-485

I'm applying for GC for my parents (concurrently filing i-130 and i-485). I'm not sure which box I have to check (a or b) for Part 2. "Application type" in i-485 form.

Also, in Part 1 - the address should be my address in US since they are right now with me?

Thanks in advance

I'm applying for GC for my parents (concurrently filing i-130 and i-485). I'm not sure which box I have to check (a or b) for Part 2. "Application type" in i-485 form.

Also, in Part 1 - the address should be my address in US since they are right now with me?

Thanks in advance

It should be h. and you can specify that you are filing I-130 concurrently.

Thanks

it should be " a " Immediate relative of a US citizen.

And yes, you should use your address if that is where they are now living

Fees by personal check

Can I send seperate personal checks to pay for I130 and I485 fees- or does it hv to be cashiers check/MO

Folks,

To update on my Mom's case - She got approved today. She was asked to get background check clearance from the county whereever she stayed in US during the last 5 years. And thats it..

Cheers,
anurag

Folks,

To update on my Mom's case - She got approved today. She was asked to get background check clearance from the county whereever she stayed in US during the last 5 years. And thats it..

Cheers,
anurag

I am planning on filing for my mother, She had been in USA 3times, She stayed for 4 mts and left to India all the time, I was living back in CA at that time, Now I am in MA, when i fill the G 325 A, Do i need to put the address back in CA where she lived in 2006, 2007, Or should i Just put MA current address?
Do I need to fill One G325 A for MY Self also? Or it is just for My Mother only.
Do i need to get Backgroung check from CA, and India? If background check needs to be done how do you do it in USA?
Please let me know. Your help is of great value for me.
Regards

My brother says he received the notification to send the fee as well. Does he have to Submit the Affidavit of Support along with these forms? AN

Hi There!

Can you please tell me how much is the fee now? My mom's I-130 just got approved, letter in the mail not in hand yet. And next step for us will be to pay the visa fee. I am wondering how much it is?

Thanks for your help!

Question about check list for ds230

Hi, I just Called NVC, they say I got a check list , and they will email me a check list where I need to submit my marriage certificate.

I am e-filling my mom who is in China now.

My question is

1)Since they will email me why still take couple day for computer to generate a email? how long do i have to wait to get a email?

2) after I email my marriage certificate with check list, how long do I have to wait?

Thank You

Hello All,
I plan to petition for both my parents via CP.

However, here is my dilemma. They plan to travel to the US on their current B1/B2 in 6 months time from now
(potential travel is say around jan-feb'12). My question is if I file for I130 now and assuming it gets approved
before their travel, would there be any issues travel wise? ie., when the situation is in between approved I130
and I485 not filed, would there be any hassels for them at the POE? I don't want them to end up living in the
airport like Mr.Gupta in the movie The Terminal :)

Please provide any valuable suggestions/ideas/opinions.
Cheers,
speedy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,
I plan to petition for both my parents via CP.

However, here is my dilemma. They plan to travel to the US on their current B1/B2 in 6 months time from now
(potential travel is say around jan-feb'12). My question is if I file for I130 now and assuming it gets approved
before their travel, would there be any issues travel wise? ie., when the situation is in between approved I130
and I485 not filed, would there be any hassels for them at the POE? I don't want them to end up living in the
airport like Mr.Gupta in the movie The Terminal :)

Please provide any valuable suggestions/ideas/opinions.
Cheers,
speedy

Yes, an approved I-130 or even a filed I-130 is a big problem and your parents might be refused entry. Their names will show up in immigration computer system as applicants for immigration. If you file now, they might get their green cards by Jan/Feb if you line up all required documentation upfront.

Hello,

My wife's parents are visiting us (B2 Visa) from India. They were approved a 3 month stay but with SII NO EOS/COS stamped on their i-94. The explanation given were due to extension (approved) of stay during the previous visit and not enough time (3 months) between visits. However, I am wondering if we can apply for a family based green card during their stay and if that will allow them to stay with us longer than the approved time. Can we apply for their green card? We understand with the NO EOS stamp their stay cannot be extended. How about COS? Are you aware of any issues with that?

Both me and my wife are US citizens. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Venky

URGENT HELP PLEASE

I would like to get some help in filing the greencards for my parents who are here on tourist visa. They are here already for more than 60 days. My sister who is in Georgia is a US citizen and wants to sponsor them. I live in NY and my parents are living with me in NY.

I would like to file for them (my sister would sponsor) without any attorney using the help of this forum which looks very informative.
I want to do AOS for them. Can any body send me all the list of documents that are required from my parents and sister(who is a sponsorer).
Also my sister does NOT work but her husband does. Can she use her husband's income to convince USCIS as a proof of support?
One more question is can my parents live in NY with me and use NY address on application even though my sister(sponsorer) lives in GA.

Thanks a lot to this forum and all who reply in advance.