GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hi all, please help me with following questions, applying gc for my mother

I-130
1) Line 2, relative address, should I fill in my address
2) Line 10,Alien number, she does not have alient number, what should I fill in
3) Line 22, your relative will apply for adjustment of status in which office, we belong to vermont district. should I fill in vermont address or my local office.

I 485
1) Part 1, Current USCIS status, what should I fill in, expires, is this the expiration date of her visa
2) Part 2, option a, or option h. I can put Concurrently filing I-130 in other.
Is it right?
3) nonimmigrant visa number, where to find that number on passport, is it the control number.

I-131
1) A number, she does not have A number, what should I put there
2) Class of Admission, what to fill in

I-864, if I don't have income, can I use my spouse income, and add him as sponsor. If do, do I need to include our marriage certificate?

Thanks a bunch!

Pls see response inline.

Hi all, please help me with following questions, applying gc for my mother

I-130
1) Line 2, relative address, should I fill in my address
Yes.

2) Line 10,Alien number, she does not have alient number, what should I fill in
None or NA.

3) Line 22, your relative will apply for adjustment of status in which office, we belong to vermont district. should I fill in vermont address or my local office.
Local office.

I 485
1) Part 1, Current USCIS status, what should I fill in, expires, is this the expiration date of her visa
E.g., Visitor B2 Visa.

2) Part 2, option a, or option h. I can put Concurrently filing I-130 in other.
Is it right?
Either is accepted.

3) nonimmigrant visa number, where to find that number on passport, is it the control number.
Control #/Number in Red (on visa sticker).

I-131
1) A number, she does not have A number, what should I put there
None or NA.

2) Class of Admission, what to fill in
E.g., B2, AOS pending.

I-864, if I don't have income, can I use my spouse income, and add him as sponsor. If do, do I need to include our marriage certificate?
In this case, your spouse is the joint sponsor. Relation need not be established with the petitioning sponsor. However joint sponsor must be at least a LPR or USC.

Thanks a bunch!

Standard disclaimers apply (not a legal advice etc.)

The only thing is that when you come back using AP, you are entering as a "parolee". If you have the green card, you might as well enter USA using the GC, right?

You may have to check in N-400 forum if this difference (parolee Vs GC holder ) will make any difference in identifying the length of stay for N-400 application. I have no first hand experience of this situation.

I noticed that the AOS check got cashed today and it has an MSCxxxxxxxxxx number on the back. Is it standard to have an MSC number assigned before it gets transferred to CSC?

I noticed that the AOS check got cashed today and it has an MSCxxxxxxxxxx number on the back. Is it standard to have an MSC number assigned before it gets transferred to CSC?

That is what I have. I guess when the application is received at National Benefits Center, MO, applications start with MSC prefix.

Concurrent filings also have MSC* number too regardless of processing center. You will be able to see the case online once the case is transferred to CSC.

Hope this helps.

I just got mine (my mother's) today, however they come back as invalid receipt numbers in the online system.

The cases are showing up online now.

One other question : As a proof of citizenship, just copy of valid US passport will do, right?

Hi
I just started to get ready for my parents' GC. This forum helps me a lot.
I just looked into the fees and was so surprised to see how the fees went up so high..
Can somebody correct me if i'm wrong?
For my parents
I-130 $355 x 2 pp = $710
I-485 $600 x 2 pp = $1200
I-765 $340 x 2 pp = $680
Plus medical exam at designated clinic

Wow..this is a lot of money~~
I don't plan to file travel document. Everything will be concurrent.

hsjin76,

Not sure where you are looking, here are the correct fees for I-485 (per applicant):

Processing fee : $930
Biometrics (above 14 years): $80

No fee for both I-765 and I-131. If your parents need to travel outside of US, AP will be handy.

Hope this helps.

Hi
I just started to get ready for my parents' GC. This forum helps me a lot.
I just looked into the fees and was so surprised to see how the fees went up so high..
Can somebody correct me if i'm wrong?
For my parents
I-130 $355 x 2 pp = $710
I-485 $600 x 2 pp = $1200
I-765 $340 x 2 pp = $680
Plus medical exam at designated clinic

Wow..this is a lot of money~~
I don't plan to file travel document. Everything will be concurrent.

somehow, i read "under 14" applicant part.
So to sum up.
I-130 $355x 2 = $ 710
I-485 $1010 x2=$2,020
I-765 I-131- free
Total $2,730

Am i looking at a right number now?

:eek::eek:

hsjin76,

Not sure where you are looking, here are the correct fees for I-485 (per applicant):

Processing fee : $930
Biometrics (above 14 years): $80

No fee for both I-765 and I-131. If your parents need to travel outside of US, AP will be handy.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Does anyone have information about change of A#?

The A# assigned to my Dad is incorrect; the department is aware of the situation and are rectifying the issue. Has anyone experienced this kind of issue? If yes, how long did it take to get it corrected within the system?

Thanks,
Surya